18 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

What I would really like to get a bit more into is middle eastern fashion.

Huge peeve on this (and other fashion styles that are seemingly absent here in SL) - I have not seen a lot of this. In fact, I've not seen any.

There's some great fashion floating around out there in that scene. Peek here for an article about some RL brands that make some super fun clothing. I would love to see some of that hit the SL runways.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...that you got there before me.  😇

Didn't you just recently peeve about the sort of revealing clothing you find objectionable?? Not something I have a problem with but I would be interested to know for the communities sake where the dividing line is between acceptable and non acceptable clothing. 

• Confused 1

Just now, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Huge peeve on this (and other fashion styles that are seemingly absent here in SL) - I have not seen a lot of this. In fact, I've not seen any.

There's some great fashion floating around out there in that scene. Peek here for an article about some RL brands that make some super fun clothing. I would love to see some of that hit the SL runways.

Yeah, I've looked . . . and not found a lot that hadn't been subsumed and coopted into variants of Gorean kajirae silks. Ugh. Not what I'm looking for, or belly dancing outfits either. (This is a serious peeve!)

Your link is FULL of good ideas, though. It might be possible to rough up things along these lines.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Didn't you just recently peeve about the sort of revealing clothing you find objectionable?? Not something I have a problem with but I would be interested to know for the communities sake where the dividing line is between acceptable and non acceptable clothing. 

I don't find them objectionable at all.  I just don't like them for me.  As you can see in the picture I posted, I'm wearing the shirt with BOM clothing underneath.  That's how I went out today.

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Thinks the last couple pages of off topic posts should maybe be cross posted to the Avatar section rather then clogging up this Pet peeve thread. Pet Peeve that some seem to be able to do what others can't even when certain posters have previously berated another community member for doing such.

Wonder too that the one photo that started the convo shouldn't have been posted in the Adult section considering the amount of skin shown.

We're peeving about SL fashion and sales trends, so we're on topic. 

You know perfectly well that bikinis and even topless pictures (as long as nips are covered on obviously female avatars) are permitted in the non-adult sections of the forums. 🙄 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah, I've looked . . . and not found a lot that hadn't been subsumed and coopted into variants of Gorean kajirae silks. Ugh. Not what I'm looking for, or belly dancing outfits either. (This is a serious peeve!)

Yet another peeve: I've been into belly dance since I was in my late teens. The stuff that shows up in-world barely even touches that universe. Now we're getting into my long-standing peeves, because the style that DOES show up in SL in that realm is so...basic, and I've been miffed about that for years.

I won't post more photos, but if you start up a thread over in the Fashion creation forum or Your Avatar or somewhere to discuss unique fashion we'd like to see (hint hint, HINT HINT), I'll drop examples in there!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

We're peeving about SL fashion and sales trends, so we're on topic. 

You know perfectly well that bikinis and even topless pictures (as long as nips are covered on obviously female avatars) are permitted in the non-adult sections of the forums. 🙄 

Strikes me more as a discussion rather than a peeving.

28 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Did you AR the post so the mods can decide if it crosses a line of decency?

Keep in mind that filing numerous ARs out of spite frivolously can get you in trouble, as well.

Peeve: not using the tools available

No, I have only AR'ed twice in the time I been here and since I am indecent most times inworld, I really don't care about the degree of decency shown here. Where I have issues when some posters berate one and then move to do the same thing elsewhere. I don't think that is an AR-able offence though but I am in this thread able to peeve about it. 

Thanks for asking.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Yet another peeve: I've been into belly dance since I was in my late teens. The stuff that shows up in-world barely even touches that universe. Now we're getting into my long-standing peeves, because the style that DOES show up in SL in that realm is so...basic, and I've been miffed about that for years.

I won't post more photos, but if you start up a thread over in the Fashion creation forum or Your Avatar or somewhere to discuss unique fashion we'd like to see (hint hint, HINT HINT), I'll drop examples in there!

Yes. It would be cool to see traditional tribal styles in SL.

In RL, not all bellydance is cabaret style.

I found some Traditional Middle Eastern clothes on MP by searching on "Traditional", but most of it is pre-mesh.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LK-Traditional-Top-Fatpack/19921163

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Your link is FULL of good ideas, though. It might be possible to rough up things along these lines.

Yeah well, once you rule out the belly dancer outfits, and the almost-Gorean harem girl costumes, you're basically left with either conservative western clothing with a bag over your head, or the "Personal one-woman hessian wearable body tent" which has somewhat limited sales appeal outside the Middle East.

I suppose you could search the MP for camping supplies.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Yeah well, once you rule out the belly dancer outfits, and the almost-Gorean harem girl costumes, you're basically left with either conservative western clothing with a bag over your head, or the "Personal one-woman hessian wearable body tent" which has somewhat limited sales appeal outside the Middle East.

There are things, as Ayashe's link demonstrates, but you sure won't find them here.

8 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

I suppose you could search the MP for camping supplies.

Too ******* true. 😔

32 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I found some Traditional Middle Eastern clothes on MP by searching on "Traditional", but most of it is pre-mesh.

https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p/LK-Traditional-Top-Fatpack/19921163

Hmmm, "Moroccan" styles, not exactly the Middle East, which tends to be more, well, eastern than "due south of Spain".

12 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

In RL, not all bellydance is cabaret style.

Well, the cabaret style is more varied than what we've got here, too, and differs by country/culture. I haven't seen anything really convincing in that realm here either side from a few pairs of pants I've picked up over the years. What Scylla said about it all getting adopted into general Gorean style is somewhat true (PEEEEEEEVE), and what's currently on the grid doesn't really give off much regional flavor.

20 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Yes. It would be cool to see traditional tribal styles in SL.

If you mean ATS, I suppose, yeah, but that's somewhat of a mishmash of random styles. I was more wanting beledi dresses and kaftans.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There are things, as Ayashe's link demonstrates, but you sure won't find them here.

Yeah I looked at that page, frankly most of those "Middle Eastern" fashion items are just western fashion with maybe a head scarf.

Some of them would literally get you arrested in some Middle Eastern countries if you weren't with some obviously western film crew etc.

I suspect those are mainly from Morocco or Turkey, maybe some parts of Lebanon, probably Middle Eastern graduates of western university Design courses.

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

what's currently on the grid doesn't really give off much regional flavor.

I'm disappointed by the lack of proper Cultural clothing for Drow from the UnderGrid.

Peeve There is a distinct lack of good quality spider themed solid silver Spiked Bikini Armour, set with rubies and amethysts, 

Something should be done about this, urgently!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Wonder too that the one photo that started the convo shouldn't have been posted in the Adult section considering the amount of skin shown.

If it isn't showing genitals or nipples, then it isn't considered Adult.

While my comment did not say PEEVE, it was clearly a Peeve since it noted why I hated that particular plunge look.

Things we hate are definitely Peeves.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Doesn't matter what type of clothing that we like or not, and what we consider to be acceptable or not.

The only thing that matters as far as what pictures need to go to the Adult section is whether or not they are showing nipples or genitals.

PEEVE:  Folks that just like being a PITA.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Yeah I looked at that page, frankly most of those "Middle Eastern" fashion items are just western fashion with maybe a head scarf.

Definitely, but I think they do have a distinctive regional flavour -- in the same way that I find women's fashion in Italy to be very distinctive from the French, for instance.

"Traditional" dress is always interesting, but I don't necessarily want to walk around looking like I'm wearing something from a museum display case or a Merchant and Ivory film. What other cultures do with Western fashion staples is also really interesting.

That said, I'd kill for a really well made kaftan.

18 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Some of them would literally get you arrested in some Middle Eastern countries if you weren't with some obviously western film crew etc.

Also definitely. My fashion statements are not going to be Taliban-approved.

• Like 2