19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Any man who  thinks he's going to catch me wearing that is dreaming.

Lol. Oh man. I adore rocking questionable apparel and clothing with blatant errors (especially misspellings!). Every time I see fashion fails in SL, it really, really makes me wish I had a creator friend who could make me Theo's shirt (peeve!).

65bd5ed94203215a3f90c867578ca7c19cf93682

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lol. Oh man. I adore rocking questionable apparel and clothing with blatant errors (especially misspellings!). Every time I see fashion fails in SL, it really, really makes me wish I had a creator friend who could make me Theo's shirt (peeve!).

65bd5ed94203215a3f90c867578ca7c19cf93682

I'm suddenly wondering if I've got it all wrong, and this actually isn't a garment.

What if it's a pink, deflated tire?????

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I'm suddenly wondering if I've got it all wrong, and this actually isn't a garment.

What if it's a pink, deflated tire?????

You HAVE to go shopping and hit up the marketplace for a tank top or cami that can fit under it with the worst possible expression on it. Spelled entirely wrong is a bonus.

Like a No Ragerts. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

O yeah, to live in Bellisseria is great in my opinion.
The houseboats can feel a bit crammed together at some places, but if one loves to sail, it is the place to be.
All the other themes are spacious enough to live a quiet and happy live.
It isn't a place to explore for hours and hours, but to live in.... almost perfect.
I change  themes a lot in Belli for my marketplace store, but I never ended up next to horrible neighbors so far.

Peeve: The occasional full bright lover one can end up next to. Some people still seem to live in SL 2007 or so and never noticed that one can light the place way more natural with a little effort.

I forgot to say, "Welcome Back!" earlier.

Welcome back!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

You HAVE to go shopping and hit up the marketplace for a tank top or cami that can fit under it with the worst possible expression on it. Spelled entirely wrong is a bonus.

Like a No Ragerts. 

But a cami would spoil the beautiful line . . . !

And of course now I feel a bit guilty for making fun of this because there ARE unquestionably people, lots of them including probably some on this forum, who will LOVE LOVE LOVE this garment, and have bought it to go clubbing tonight, and think that it makes them look sexy and desirable and just a bit edgy . . . and of course that's just fine. People should wear whatever they want to wear.

So, maybe I DO have a few ragerts. 😏

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

But a cami would spoil the beautiful line . . . !

And of course now I feel a bit guilty for making fun of this because there ARE unquestionably people, lots of them including probably some on this forum, who will LOVE LOVE LOVE this garment, and have bought it to go clubbing tonight, and think that it makes them look sexy and desirable and just a bit edgy . . . and of course that's just fine. People should wear whatever they want to wear.

So, maybe I DO have a few ragerts. 😏

Lol, real talk - I actually think the shirt is fine. I would much prefer it be a button-down style or have some ties or wrap around or make a bit more sense structurally. I'd also prefer it lean more into "slay" and less into "booba," but that's a peeve I've got for a LOT of SL fashion in general. We need more YAAAS and less WHEE!

Can that deep plunge style work? Absolutely, and you could kind of rock the hell out of it with the right additions and accessories.

KK7A5596_51dd9050-8c2b-42eb-a6b8-4288afb

10400272-1-black?$n_640w$&wid=513&fit=co

Amaina_Plunge_Long_Sleeve_Wrap_Top_in_Bl

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Lol, real talk - I actually think the shirt is fine. I would much prefer it be a button-down style or have some ties or wrap around or make a bit more sense structurally. I'd also prefer it lean more into "slay" and less into "booba," but that's a peeve I've got for a LOT of SL fashion in general. We need more YAAAS and less WHEE!

Can that deep plunge style work? Absolutely, and you could kind of rock the hell out of it with the right additions and accessories.

KK7A5596_51dd9050-8c2b-42eb-a6b8-4288afb

10400272-1-black?$n_640w$&wid=513&fit=co

Amaina_Plunge_Long_Sleeve_Wrap_Top_in_Bl

Oh totally. I don't mind plunge necklines per se, although, being the shrinking violet that I am, I DO tend often to wear a cami under them. But I'd only put something under the third of the three examples you posted: I think the top two look great.

My objection to the top I posted a pic of has much less to do with the expanse of chest and tummy it shows off than with the utter shapelessness of the thing. It has almost no discernible line or profile to it. It looks a bit like someone just ripped a big hole in a pink fitted sheet, and threw it over their head. It's why I don't think a cami would save this piece: it's going to look ungainly whatever you wear with it because it has no shape.

The other subtext to all of this (and I'd classify this as a separate peeve) is the fact that this particular brand used to produce really great clothing. It was (and, in fairness, still is) really well made and nicely textured, with lots of options, but more to the point, their older stuff (of which I own truckloads) was really usable: basics, and things like jackets that were both good looking and versatile. My favouite leather jackets are by them, and a really great hooded parka, among a ton of other things.

So, pet peeve:

It's a bit upsetting to see a brand you could once rely upon increasingly catering to . . . I'm not sure what. My pet theory is that this is about competition from the other really popular woman's clothing brand: it's a little as though there's a race to the bottom driven by the apparent popularity of ugly sexy soccer mum clothing. It's not interesting, it's not attractive, and it's not even edgy. Mostly it's just . . . bleeeeeeh.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh totally. I don't mind plunge necklines per se, although, being the shrinking violet that I am, I DO tend often to wear a cami under them. But I'd only put something under the third of the three examples you posted: I think the top two look great.

Oh, I think camis or bra tops or any other modesty apparel would look fine under the bottom two examples, too. I just appreciate the occasional shameless risk of it all. We all know what happens when we catch a good sneeze and things start...flying...around.. 😂 Far less of a worry in SL, so I'd LOVE to see some more realistic daring clothes that teeter on the edge of "don't give a..." 

13 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

My objection to the top I posted a pic of has much less to do with the expanse of chest and tummy it shows off than with the utter shapelessness of the thing. It has almost no discernible line or profile to it. It looks a bit like someone just ripped a big hole in a pink fitted sheet, and threw it over their head. It's why I don't think a cami would save this piece: it's going to look ungainly whatever you wear with it because it has no shape.

Lmao, I gigglesnorted. Yeah, that's pretty much what I was trying to hint at when referencing the structure of it without hopefully coming off too mean about it. The oversized sleeves and cutout sent me, though I suppose I have seen some tops sort of kind of like that in RL, too. Half-buttoned lopsided boyfriend shirts, usually, but that's a lot harder to pull off here as we just have no real clothing drape at all, lol. A button-down or wrap style would've helped that a bit, methinks.

19 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So, pet peeve:

It's a bit upsetting to see a brand you could once rely upon increasingly catering to . . . I'm not sure what. My pet theory is that this is about competition from the other really popular woman's clothing brand: it's a little as though there's a race to the bottom driven by the apparent popularity of ugly sexy soccer mum clothing. It's not interesting, it's not attractive, and it's not even edgy. Mostly it's just . . . bleeeeeeh.

I'll be honest - I don't think that top falls into the same category. I do kind of see it leaning a biiiiit in that direction, but I also see some elements of what I posted, too. I think the designer is trying to tap into the bold & daring realm without resorting to the entire shirt pulled up to the shoulder for absolutely no reason thing that's seemingly everywhere now (peeve!!!). Some small tweaks - buttons, a belt, a wrap, a tuck, clean up the shaping, something - and some killer jewelry would easily move that piece into YAAAS territory. 

It does suck losing brands, though. That is always a peeve! Girl you know where the good stuff still is, though - go treat yoself. Don't make me send you a list. 😄

• Like 4

43 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

The other subtext to all of this (and I'd classify this as a separate peeve) is the fact that this particular brand used to produce really great clothing. It was (and, in fairness, still is) really well made and nicely textured, with lots of options, but more to the point, their older stuff (of which I own truckloads) was really usable: basics, and things like jackets that were both good looking and versatile. My favouite leather jackets are by them, and a really great hooded parka, among a ton of other things.

So, pet peeve:

You know what it looks like? It looks like you got all dressed up and went shoplifting and your shirt is full of stuff..

hehehe

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

OMG Ceka.

Perfect! 😃

I've seen sweaters in the past that that style really looks good, mainly because the flow of that top sits more like a sweater would sit.. But I think it looks like someone took a sweater and made it into satin and didn't adjust for softening up the nature of the material and how satin would sit on the body.. Satin doesn't float like that and look thick.. it wraps more closer to the body and is not so much creases..

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Ceka Cianci said:

You know what it looks like? It looks like you got all dressed up and went shoplifting and your shirt is full of stuff..

hehehe

Ma'am.

try-not-to-laugh-no-laugh.gif

Anyway, lol, peeve:

That feel when talking about fashion gives you so many dang styling and photo ideas but it's midnight and yo butt is tired and now you have to hope the inspiration lasts until a sane hour when you can actually do something about it.

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Ma'am.

try-not-to-laugh-no-laugh.gif

Anyway, lol, peeve:

That feel when talking about fashion gives you so many dang styling and photo ideas but it's midnight and yo butt is tired and now you have to hope the inspiration lasts until a sane hour when you can actually do something about it.

I know I'm going to bed.. I can hardly type and my eyes have been blurry for half the day looking at note cards.. hehehe

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I don't want to put you on the spot, so feel free to ignore this . . . but I'd be seriously interested to see what you can make of that piece!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

When Clothes Designers Go Bad.

When-Clothes-Designers-Go-Bad-Blank.thumb.png.b2481435524c64b46115a6c9f31e6b55.png

Please don't let that be... *looks it up* Awwwwwww.

Okay. So, I'm one of those that enjoy the boyfriend type shirts. Something about crashing people with a bit of non conforming gendered clothing speaks to me. Perfect for when I get my Tomboy phases. As such, it was obviously my duty to check out this garment.

Review: I think it's... okay? Especially for the current prize point, you are getting a decent amount of stuff and even with some quality compromises, it's still better than a lot of other offerings on the grid. However, it gives me the feeling of being an older work of theirs. Some notable mesh and texture issues and yah, the whole fit doesn't really make sense.

That said, it won't become part of my wardrobe and I'm the target audience :D

• Like 5

Well, I waded trough a few weekend sales again (I should have known better).
There is a new trend.

Avatar looks are shifting from make yourself plain ugly, with scars, bruises misplaced tatoes and mascara drips and all, to make yourself plain ugly (see above) and  go for overly colorful dressed in ugly clothes. With color combinations to shoot at.

Peeve: We are not heading in the right direction IMHO*

* Yes, yes, mileages vary and all, but still.

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

There is a new trend.

Avatar looks are shifting from make yourself plain ugly, with scars, bruises misplaced tatoes and mascara drips and all, to make yourself plain ugly (see above) and  go for overly colorful dressed in ugly clothes. With color combinations to shoot at.

If we're going to get into SL avatar trends and controversial opinions that might make others mad at me...I'm just wondering when the tattoo craze will end. There's no skin left people, you've covered it all!

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

There is a new trend.

I'll look through the sales to find a diamond in the rough.. But most of the times I leave empty handed.. I also think we are seeing things made just for the sales as well.. The main events aren't getting any better either.. Some of the more popular ones, I'm noticing the quality of the items are going down hill..

I still collect the landmarks of the good ones and give those a spin if I have time.. but my shopping  for my main is pretty much come to a halt.. Where I may get some things for the two alts that I jump back and forth in.. I like getting different things for each one of them..

But that whole bloody messy beat up look, I never got into that.. I'm really not even sure what that's all about other than a good sign there is a lot of drama under that skin.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 5

13 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

If we're going to get into SL avatar trends and controversial opinions that might make others mad at me...I'm just wondering when the tattoo craze will end. There's no skin left people, you've covered it all!

I mean, even popular fiction has the monkey king scrawl graffiti on buddha's finger - so I'll say, there's room to go and the other half of what Sun Wukong did kind of fits with the overall theme of, "yo my dude, that's some <insert reference> judgement". :P

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 1