2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: Someone took away our "binkies" (pacifiers), and we need a nap.

IMG_9036.jpeg

Oh I am sure it's not like that. Sometimes people have good reasons to be grumpy! And this is a peeves thread!

But I know too that sometimes grumpiness -- and cheerfulness! -- can be infectious.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh I am sure it's not like that. Sometimes people have good reasons to be grumpy! And this is a peeves thread!

But I know too that sometimes grumpiness -- and cheerfulness! -- can be infectious.

The optimist in me says, people were grumpy, as evidenced by moderation. The pessimist in me says, people are grumpy since / due to moderation. 

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Pet peeve: Living on the other side of the continent from someone in SL, and both of us wanting to meet in RL!!!

Do it. That's not that far. You haven't lived until you've hopped on a 16-hour flight to meet someone you met online.

Disclaimer: I give terrible advice and I do weird things.

Peeve: I haven't done weird things in a MINUTE. Must do more weird things.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

21 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

So true! I was just reading a couple studies on how much so and I thought that in some ways this thread is such a contradiction with what the lab is trying to turn this forum into. It really is a wonder they let this negativity thread keep going and even protect it from overstepping the line if they really want the forum to be all rainbows and pink unicorns.

1606021_1.jpg

• Haha 5

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

So true! I was just reading a couple studies on how much so and I thought that in some ways this thread is such a contradiction with what the lab is trying to turn this forum into. It really is a wonder they let this negativity thread keep going and even protect it from overstepping the line if they really want the forum to be all rainbows and pink unicorns.

Well, I think it's possible to be "peeved" without being grumpy?

FOR INSTANCE.

I decanted some hummus into an old sour cream tub today to take with me to work for lunch. And I packed it in my computer bag, right next to my little notebook that I use for shopping lists, random thoughts, and "to do" lists.

PEEVE: The tub opened at some point in transit, and my little notebook cover is festooned with hummus!!! GRRRR!

BUT . . . on the bright side, my notebook has never tasted better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

39 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Do it. That's not that far. You haven't lived until you've hopped on a 16-hour flight to meet someone you met online.

Disclaimer: I give terrible advice and I do weird things.

Peeve: I haven't done weird things in a MINUTE. Must do more weird things.

LOL, who said we aren't going to?

38 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

1606021_1.jpg

We're people lol. We aren't all pink rainbows and unicorns!!!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

LOL, who said we aren't going to?

Then it's not a peeve, silly! It's an adventuuuuuuure!

Make sure to use it as an excuse to do something crazy you've never done before, too. Then at least you can say "well, at least I got a chance to do *insert terribly reckless behavior here like flying a plane or underwater karaoke*" if it doesn't work out. 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Then it's not a peeve, silly! It's an adventuuuuuuure!

Make sure to use it as an excuse to do something crazy you've never done before, too. Then at least you can say "well, at least I got a chance to do *insert terribly reckless behavior here like flying a plane or underwater karaoke*" if it doesn't work out. 😂

I'm laughing LOL. I didn't take it as negative. Damn right it's an adventure!!! Life is an adventure!!! If it doesn't work out, at least we tried. But what if it DOES work out...Can't know unless we try, can we? Can't win a lottery without buying a ticket .

Edited by Bagnu
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

I'm laughing LOL. I didn't take it as negative. Damn right it's an adventure!!! Life is an adventure!!! If it doesn't work out, at least we tried. But what if it DOES work out...Can't know unless we try, can we? Can't win a lottery without buying a ticket .

Yaaaaay! Hope it works out for you guys, but really - do some fun/entertaining stuff just in case. I've had a few "well damn" meet ups but the trips were fun enough on their own to not worry about that.

And bring me back a keychain! 🤣

Oh, I need a peeve: I could use a good vacation myself. AND, Cyber fair has so much cute stuff this round and I neeeeed it *sits on wallet*

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1