5 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

For the most part, they do a pretty conservative look, but some of it is very sharp. They do a sweater with a collar turned down on one side that I love love love. But yeah, you won't find a lot that is very edgy or experimental. Nicely made, though!

Conservative is not a word I would use to describe a good chunk of the store. The "wheeeeeeeeeeeeee lookit mah panties!" thing in particular. 😄 I did find it funny that they pivoted from that to power suits, but there ya go.

I'm not 100% opposed to running around with undies showing, for the record. It's pretty cute with tomboy looks (which I kept hoping they'd lean harder into, but they didn't quite embrace it as fully as I'd wanted), but it's better when you're wearing manties or boxers and not dainty bikinis.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

In my mind, women's pants and men's pants ARE different things! And sometimes they literally are: men don't have pants that do up at the back, after all (which is probably an old thing, but I still have a couple of pairs that do that).

I think it's because, for women, wearing sla . . . I mean pants is often an aesthetic or fashion choice, whereas for men, it's most usually a matter of not getting arrested on the street for indecency.

My mom, in the 60s and early 70s, had pants but they either zipped up on the side or not at all and no pockets.  Sort of like leggings today but not as tight.  Styling that way made no extra bulk, flies, zippers, pockets in the front where most women don't want extra bulk.  Very flattering actually.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Conservative is not a word I would use to describe a good chunk of the store. The "wheeeeeeeeeeeeee lookit mah panties!" thing in particular. 😄 I did find it funny that they pivoted from that to power suits, but there ya go.

I'm not 100% opposed to running around with undies showing, for the record. It's pretty cute with tomboy looks (which I kept hoping they'd lean harder into, but they didn't quite embrace it as fully as I'd wanted), but it's better when you're wearing manties or boxers and not dainty bikinis.

Hmmm! I hadn't noticed the panties showing thing, although that may just be because it's such a common look for dresses and skirts in SL that I sort of blur over it. I did skip over a number of dresses that were just too short for me though.

One thing they do very well is lingerie. I got one full set of vintage-looking stuff (corset, garters, and so on) for pics (because god knows I have no other use for it!), and a glorious floor-length robe. Pics forthcoming at some point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My mom, in the 60s and early 70s, had pants but they either zipped up on the side or not at all and no pockets.  Sort of like leggings today but not as tight.  Styling that way made no extra bulk, flies, zippers, pockets in the front where most women don't want extra bulk.  Very flattering actually.

Celeste Headlee did a nice and very readable little rant on Swaay about pockets and the location of zippers on women's clothing. I find myself muttering, "Yeah, right on!" a lot while reading it.

https://swaay.com/a-feminist-issue-lets-talk-about-the-back-zippers-on-womens-clothing

It's actually, though, too simplistic to say that small or absent pockets, or weirdly placed zippers are purely sexist, because I know that when I'm wearing something nice (as opposed to jeans for gardening or housework) I'm actually very conscious of how pockets can ruin the profile of a garment. Even where I have capacious pockets, I'll sometimes not use them because I don't want my hips looking bulked out or oddly bumpy. I guess that IS a legacy of patriarchy: why do I care, when so many men apparently don't? But it's also a choice I'm making, not someone else.

I have other theories about zippers and buttons on the back, but I won't go into those here. 😀

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

My memory is that women's pants button / fasten opposite to men's (similar to shirts / blouses).

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Hmmm! I hadn't noticed the panties showing thing, although that may just be because it's such a common look for dresses and skirts in SL that I sort of blur over it. I did skip over a number of dresses that were just too short for me though.

Wat! How did you miss that?! It's right in the ad for the sale even. 😂Go peek at Flickr! The pants that are all unbuttoned/too low and showing off all the stuffs. There were a few like that.

Oh, I didn't even check the lingerie. I so rarely buy/wear that stuff.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

*coughs*

I may, possibly, have bought a pair of jeans that you can leave undone.

FOR PICTURES!!!!

That's totally fine if you can shove some cute boxers under there.

Peeve: We need more creators in SL who are tomboy-fabulous. So much stuff leans juuuust close enough to that to get my hopes up, but then pivots too far into the feminine/dainty for my liking! 😄

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

My memory is that women's pants button / fasten opposite to men's (similar to shirts / blouses).

Shirts, definitely.  I think pants are the same regardless.  Now I'll have to go check...eventually.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

That's totally fine if you can shove some cute boxers under there.

I HATE thongs and skimpy undies. In RL and SL: when I first meshed up years ago, one of my first "Must-Haves" was a pair of BOM Granny Panties; the Zaara set that came with Maitreya were . . . no, for me. (Although the bra isn't terrible.) And I still actually collect nice looking but COMFORTABLE undies. Oh, and when I started buying sleep wear, I focused on comfy, roomy PJs, especially ones with loose boxers.

PEEVE: There aren't enough creators making big ol' Granny Panties in SL!

9 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Peeve: We need more creators in SL who are tomboy-fabulous. So much stuff leans juuuust close enough to that to get my hopes up, but then pivots too far into the feminine/dainty for my liking!

My complaint, jean-wise, is that it's hard to find nice mid-rise jeans. Ones that just barely clinge to your hips and curve just under your belly? Sure. High-waisted? Check. But just nice, ordinary, mid-rise jeans are weirdly rare.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I HATE thongs and skimpy undies. In RL and SL: when I first meshed up years ago, one of my first "Must-Haves" was a pair of BOM Granny Panties; the Zaara set that came with Maitreya were . . . no, for me. (Although the bra isn't terrible.) And I still actually collect nice looking but COMFORTABLE undies. Oh, and when I started buying sleep wear, I focused on comfy, room PJs, especially ones with loose boxers.

My complaint, jean-wise, is that it's hard to find nice mid-rise jeans. Ones that just barely clinging to your hips and curve just under your belly? Sure. High-waisted? Check. But just nice, ordinary, mid-rise jeans are weirdly rare.

The Euphoria jeans at Tetra and the Flared jeans (wish she'd update for Reborn) at Tres Blah.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Oh god. If there are any creators out there reading this, please ignore this request. I'm with you on comfy briefs and boxers, but we're parting ways on granny panties. 🤣

My complaint, jean-wise, is that it's hard to find nice mid-rise jeans. Ones that just barely clinging to your hips and curve just under your belly? Sure. High-waisted? Check. But just nice, ordinary, mid-rise jeans are weirdly rare.

Jeans in SL are just odd in general. They're either tight enough to cut off circulation, or baggy enough to hide an army of breedable cats in. Maaaannnn. Big sigh.

*inhales deeply*... Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

59 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I need a miniature Quartz or Dyna (wearing angel wings and a halos of course) sitting on my shoulder and whispering in my ear when I'm about to hit "submit."

I am afraid my antics would likely drive them mad 🤣

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Oh god. If there are any creators out there reading this, please ignore this request. I'm with you on comfy briefs and boxers, but we're parting ways on granny panties.

One type of pic that I do a fair bit is sort of "realistic-this-is-me-in-RL-too" stuff. I have an ongoing series of them called "Intimacies," and even had an exhibition of them. And for those I am generally dressed waaaaaaay down. Like, me going to bed, wearing nothing but a long roomy tee or shirt, or doing dishes wearing jeans, tee, and an unbuttoned shirt. And granny panties are pretty perfect for that kind of pic! Cuz, yeah, I do wear them in RL.

8 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Jeans in SL are just odd in general. They're either tight enough to cut off circulation, or baggy enough to hide an army of breedable cats in. Maaaannnn. Big sigh.

*inhales deeply*... Peeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeve.

I haven't explored this much, but don't we now have "juicy" add-ons that have one's distended belly hanging over the top of your jeans in an oh-so-flattering way?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

One type of pic that I do a fair bit is sort of "realistic-this-is-me-in-RL-too" stuff. I have an ongoing series of them called "Intimacies," and even had an exhibition of them. And for those I am generally dressed waaaaaaay down. Like, me going to bed, wearing nothing but a long roomy tee or shirt, or doing dishes wearing jeans, tee, and an unbuttoned shirt. And granny panties are pretty perfect for that kind of pic! Cuz, yeah, I do wear them in RL.

Maybe we're thinking of the same type of undies, but calling them different names. I like the Hanes/Fruit cotton briefs, but I don't really consider them granny panties. Those (in my mind) are huuuuuuuge and baggy!

I haven't explored this much, but don't we now have "juicy" add-ons that have one's distended belly hanging over the top of your jeans in an oh-so-flattering way?

Yes, so we can properly roleplay being too stubborn to move up a size for comfort and instead regressing back to mall stores that cater to teens who wear sizes 0-2.

Add-ons are a whole other peeve.

9 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

SL Pet Peeve 404:  When the mboard lags out when posting or reading something.

mboard_burp_sl.thumb.png.ff730ef6313cb577f6975c4cd433c055.png

Yup, same here!