21 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Woo another Virgo. Happy Birthday 🙂🎂

Mom was primary school teacher, getting her classroom ready for her maternity leave substitute on Labor Day.  I was born on the Tuesday after Labor Day.

Why not celebrate early?  Better yet, make it a whole Birthday week. I'm going to a movie the weekend before my birthday (Regal Theaters - all movies $3 on Sept. 3rd). I'll be using all the birthday coupons for free food & such that I can too. (IHOP will always give you a free breakfast meal on your birthday.)

Everyone wants me to celebrate everything early. What's the point? Do I get to open Christmas gifts on Christmas Day? Hell no. Do I get to open birthday gifts ON my birthday? Hell no. 

I haven't been able to celebrate anything on the day it is supposed to be celebrated in more than 20 years. No more! Either it's done the traditional way or I'm not doing it at all anymore. 

I don't do theaters anymore either. Too many people and drinks etc are way too expensive. Smuggling stuff in will get you banned.

Yes, I am peeved!

Sorry. Don't mean to unload on you.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Quit yer peevin' about birthdays. It aint your fault that your parental units chose a "bad day to boink."

If you want a day REALLY peeve-worthy, I ruined my Mom's Christmas Dinner by deciding to put in an appearance a month early. Entered the world shortly after midnight on 26-Dec.

(ETA - and I do mean REALLY ruined - the first time my folks tried they had twins who were severely premature and stillborn, so when I started to show up early, my poor Mom really freaked out.)

uh oh... Yer gonna really hate my post above...

😜

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

The body of this post is entirely camouflage and can be safely ignored.

@Silent Mistwalker *stealthswat*

It existed only to maneuver me into range.

If I ever make it to the UK.... 🤭

I am so peeved I can't at least visit Skye!

And Eilean a' Cheò.

caption.jpg

Edited by Silent Mistwalker
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Then consider this.

How much terror might women have visited upon the world --- had they so chosen?

ETA: Wait, wait... have to frame this as a PEEVE! :::expletive:::

(I'm peeved that ) this isn't the 
Scottish of the sub-thread, but... historical (?) Celtic woman in a skirt you don't want to mess with, as she got PEEVED often, too:

image.thumb.png.aa3c9501b6e7c68269b0d1eae2a7116f.png

ffs. The linguistic gymnastics are just getting a bit much around here: peeved.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

Apparently, being Peeved is Scottish or vice-versa based on the recent content. 
This explains, and is explained by, the "All Things Scottish" SNL skits where one learns, "If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"

I'm only peeved that not everybody would get this reference, and that some may think it serious (since it references an SNL skit).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

ETA: Wait, wait... have to frame this as a PEEVE! :::expletive:::

(I'm peeved that ) this isn't the 
Scottish of the sub-thread, but... historical (?) Celtic woman in a skirt you don't want to mess with, as she got PEEVED often, too:

image.thumb.png.aa3c9501b6e7c68269b0d1eae2a7116f.png

ffs. The linguistic gymnastics are just getting a bit much around here: peeved.

I thought she was Irish! 

• Like 2

Public Displays of Insecurity...as I like to call them.  You know...when you are forced to watch people declaring their "love" for each other in public places.  Awfully insecure of them feeling the need to annoy the grid with their public displays if you ask me!

Insecure Mr: I love my wife so much she is a dream come true
Insecure Mrs: oh thankyou baby love you too :)
Insecure Mr: i am so happy with my new Bride  Insecure Mrs
Insecure Mrs: he's a keeper thats for sure
Insecure Mr: woo hoo it so right
Insecure Mr: she is Amazing
insecure Mrs: ty baby love you
insecure Mr: Love you too my beautiful  wife

Me voms in mouth (privately and in RL)

And don't get me started on "He/She's Mine" group tags!!!!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

15 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

Public Displays of Insecurity...as I like to call them.  You know...when you are forced to watch people declaring their "love" for each other in public places.  Awfully insecure of them feeling the need to annoy the grid with their public displays if you ask me!

Methinks one or both of them use this PDA to fish for cookies outside the relationship.

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Apparently, being Peeved is Scottish or vice-versa based on the recent content. 
This explains, and is explained by, the "All Things Scottish" SNL skits where one learns, "If it's not Scottish, it's crap!"

I'm only peeved that not everybody would get this reference, and that some may think it serious (since it references an SNL skit).

Wha's liek us?

Precious few, and they're a' deid!

Edited by Da5id Weatherwax
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

I thought she was Irish! 

Re: Queen Maeve

She is Irish. I must have worded my comment poorly. I said she wasn't the Scottish thread but she IS Celtic.

I'm sure there are other Celtic women warriors (in skirts) out there, probably even Scottish, but Maeve is the one who came to my mind.

:sigh: peeved (there! are y'all happy? I said the word!) (not directed at you Robber) that my syntax sucks

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Jordan Whitt said:

The same is true of profiles, a bit. I recently wiped my profile, and it was never all full of the mouth-vom insecurity stuff you are describing in for "local." However, a friend of mine mentioned that profile picks are something he never understood about SL, and that is that they reduce your life and relationships to be public performance things. He has a point! You don't go around RL with a big photo over your head about "my boo"...

Then again, I love reading a good profile. (Having a blank one is making me itchy.) And SL isn't RL and we DO get to have those "this is who I am" boxes over our heads, and gawd, who hasn't wished for those in RL on occasion? 

So, PEEVE, you made me think of the conundrum of mouth-vom, life as performance-art, profile picks vs good profiles are fun, and possibly useful.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

The same is true of profiles, a bit. I recently wiped my profile, and it was never all full of the mouth-vom insecurity stuff you are describing in for "local." However, a friend of mine mentioned that profile picks are something he never understood about SL, and that is that they reduce your life and relationships to be public performance things. He has a point! You don't go around RL with a big photo over your head about "my boo"...

Then again, I love reading a good profile. (Having a blank one is making me itchy.) And SL isn't RL and we DO get to have those "this is who I am" boxes over our heads, and gawd, who hasn't wished for those in RL on occasion? 

So, PEEVE, you made me think of the conundrum of mouth-vom, life as performance-art, profile picks vs good profiles are fun, and possibly useful.

My profile had been empty aside from my Blog and Flickr links for over a year until last week when I decided I needed to get over myself and put myself out there again.  Maybe its a side effect of too  long being in my self imposed exile, but its a struggle knowing what I want to put in there!  I don't like or do the whole "public performance" PDA picks about my snooky wookums of the moment...and I laugh at those who do, cos we all know its gonna be a different snooky next month!!!

Let me make it up to you for making you peeve about your profile....

tumblr_nf20pufPIN1rwbf4ro1_500.gif

Edited by Jordan Whitt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jordan Whitt said:

My profile had been empty aside from my Blog and Flickr links for over a year until last week when I decided I needed to get over myself and put myself out there again.  Maybe its a side effect of too  long being in my self imposed exile, but its a struggle knowing what I want to put in there! 

Oh gawd, that's another (real) peeve. Putting yourself back out there and not knowing what to put in the profile. Do you indicate "looking?" If you do, then you run the risk of looking desperate. Then it looks like that's all you're interested in. If you don't, then how will anyone know? Do they need to know? (Well, "you" are putting yourself out there, yeah?) And then if you're into the D/s stuff, do you put that there? How much? 

It is all way too complicated for an introvert.  

/me goes to the freezer, gets the pint of ice cream I swore would last for 5 reasonable deserts, gets a spoon, puts headphones on, throws a blanket over self while sitting up, to make a safety tent... hides and eats and streams cat videos while listening to mopey music

image.png.aa82f8d81254c8085430c23f3cf3e946.png

• Like 7