1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

In NL we have the phrase (translated)  "A storm in a glass of water".
Is that a thing in the English language too?

Anyhow, that's my 2 cents about the commotion around the further totally harmless picture that was posted here this afternoon by Seicher.

Peeve: We need a groups hug emoticon over here.

artworks-000068630266-ar0xdh-t500x500.jpg

Arms and legs "akimbo"! I like that.

2 hours ago, Marigold Devin said:

Peeve: Missing all the fun just through being elsewhere for a few hours. Feel like I'll never catch up now.

It's leaf mold that gives us the sinus pain? I thought we were due a good ol' thunderstorm to clear the air, but there is a lot of dead tree stuff floating about too. Urgh! 

IKR?  Came back from the pool and all heck has broken out!

• Like 2

Peeve:

In the "Good Old Days"™ I'd have been at the centre of any discussion of BDSM, dodging flaming projectiles and trying unsuccessfully to convey nuance while being accused of Puritanism.

Now, I'm just a bystander, waving at the flaming barge as it slowly slips beneath the waves.

I've grown old or something when I wasn't looking. 😞

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

I've grown old or something when I wasn't looking.

That's often my first peeve of the day.  Then I look in the bathroom mirror and think, "Yeah, but I'm still here."  (Yeah, sappy.  But it gets me at least as far as breakfast.)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve:

In the "Good Old Days"™ I'd have been at the centre of any discussion of BDSM, dodging flaming projectiles and trying unsuccessfully to convey nuance while being accused of Puritanism.

Now, I'm just a bystander, waving at the flaming barge as it slowly slips beneath the waves.

Hi Scylla, can you please help me interpret the different colors and highlighting? I thought maybe you're quoting someone, is that correct? I included a screen shot of what it looks like to me. Maybe this is just another "artifact" of when a post is viewed in Dark Theme?

ETA: Aha! I see it started with the "Trademark" character, that explains it (pasting I guess)?

C46A272E-F179-4C4F-A4CF-A2DE33A471DA.jpeg

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve:

Better? (sigh, comedy is hard)

image.png

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Haha 1

I will say but one final thing on the recent fluster cluck: Use. The. Ignore. Tool. Do not put any sort of limit on how many users you toss into it either. Just use it and move on. Same on every platform. If they have the tool, use it.

If things can get bad for you, don't do what I do and wait a bit to use it either.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Solar Legion said:

I will say but one final thing on the recent fluster cluck: Use. The. Ignore. Tool. Do not put any sort of limit on how many users you toss into it either. Just use it and move on. Same on every platform. If they have the tool, use it.

If things can get bad for you, don't do what I do and wait a bit to use it either.

My sig line indicates the current configuration, derived by careful, scientific means and calculations. (And I meant it when I asked the other person to please just mute me and leave me alone.)

200.gif

Just now, Persephone Emerald said:

Maybe we could take the discussion of BDSM to a new thread in the Adult section?

That section could probably use some more love. 

You'd think people would be falling all over themselves (ok, and each other) to go over there and talk about things. Dirty, unspeakably adult things. 

Peeve: But they're all like, "No! I don' wanna!" 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

My sig line indicates the current configuration, derived by careful, scientific means and calculations. (And I meant it when I asked the other person to please just mute me and leave me alone.)

200.gif

Do you mean your "edit reason" line? Someone else referred to it as a "signature line" recently. Not sure why I'm so easily confused. Low Comprehension is the usual excuse.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
"Signature lines" are usually the same with every post. Is my point.
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Maybe we could take the discussion of BDSM to a new thread in the Adult section?

Any attempt at actual discussion would quickly become a "discussion" and likely result in a thread lock or deletion. There are those here who will take any opportunity they can to step up on their soapbox and waggle their fingers/pontificate as to the "evils" of BDSM (while trying to spin some kind of spiderweb linking it in with all manner of disparate things).

No.

We attempted to have such over several years. The above happened every single time.

We do not need a repeat.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Funny, not ha-ha, it never was about BDSM, it was just the pretense.  I'm happy to discuss what I know and what I believe and what I do (not in intimate details cuz it ain't no one's business and who cares anyway) & I have, in the appropriate place (and not even in a position of example or ambassador, as if) IF people are sincere... which this wasn't, and it also wasn't the place, yada. But to start a thread...bleck. But I like Rowan's pik-toor thread. :)

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Do you mean your "edit reason" line? Someone else referred to it as a "signature line" recently. Not sure why I'm so easily confused. Low Comprehension is the usual excuse.

Nope in my sig line. I joked (sorta) that I didn't look at my ignore list when I came back. I had 14 people on it. I wiped it to 2. So it started out as 2/14. The number has changed since the original ... a week ago?

37 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve:

I've come to collect your feminist card, sister.  🤣

11 minutes ago, Solar Legion said:

Any attempt at actual discussion would quickly become a "discussion" and likely result in a thread lock or deletion. There are those here who will take any opportunity they can to step up on their soapbox and waggle their fingers/pontificate as to the "evils" of BDSM (while trying to spin some kind of spiderweb linking it in with all manner of disparate things).

No.

We attempted to have such over several years. The above happened every single time.

We do not need a repeat.

smh.

I don't have an issue with discussing BDSM. I've participated in RL myself. I just don't think we should try to give detailed explanations of what it is or isn't in the General Discussion forum - not given the current rules & forum atmosphere.

For instance, one could explain that those 4 letters mean more than 4 aspects of what it is.

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

You know, I have thoughts about BDSM, and things to say.

But honestly, why would anyone want to hear them? I don't want it banned, I don't think it's "evil", and my reservations are entirely theoretical. 

As self-centred as I am, even I don't think that those involved in The Lifestyle either want or need to hear the largely ideological reasons I object to it. 

People should be able to live their lives without me telling them they're "doing it wrong."

(Fakey BDSM is a different issue. People who mask abuse or misogyny behind a distorted version need to be called out. But I know for a fact that BDSMers will do that themselves without help from me.)

• Like 4