18 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I may be channeling Maddy here, but hugging and hand holding?  Just no.  I don't cuddle.

Funny  thing is that Maddy, who does indeed hate hugging, often wishes me a goodnight with "/ hugs you all up." We've discussed the paradoxical nature of her farewell -- but I've forgotten what she said about it.

I have a couple of very good men friends who insist upon using a "hug" animation when I leave them.

Ugh.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Funny  thing is that Maddy, who does indeed hate hugging, often wishes me a goodnight with "/ hugs you all up." We've discussed the paradoxical nature of her farewell -- but I've forgotten what she said about it.

I have a couple of very good men friends who insist upon using a "hug" animation when I leave them.

Ugh.

I don’t mind hugging people who need it, I’m just not fond of being hugged. I don’t think I ever need it. It’s also an issue of control. I had 26 aunts and uncles, so hugs were unavoidable. Dad was the only person who could hug me or set me on his lap, and that only lasted for my first few years. We were a “no public displays of affection” family. We conveyed affection through absurd banter, filled with mock insults.

Like you, I tolerate people who offer up hug animations. Unlike you, I set people on fire to show I care.

”…hugs you all up” riffs on the seemingly universal need for human mothers to eat their young, often starting with their toes. Who hasn’t heard a mother coo “I’m going to gobble you all up” to an infant, or something like it? I love the absurdity of that and have co-opted it for hugging.

ETA: The paradoxical nature of my farewells should not surprise. You know how I love being paradoxical.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Just don't tell people which way up you eat a soft boiled egg 

Or which end of the sleeve of ice cream cones you open? My ex-hubby insisted on opening the “bottom” end, because you could easily grasp a cone to remove it from the sleeve. I insisted on opening the “top” because it was easy to tuck the plastic sleeve into the next cone when resealing. I’d insert my index and middle fingers into the cone and spread them to grip it for extraction. Easy peasy.

Did I mention he’s my ex-hubby?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Or which end of the sleeve of ice cream cones you open? My ex-hubby insisted on opening the “bottom” end, because you could easily grasp a cone to remove it from the sleeve. I insisted on opening the “top” because it was easy to tuck the plastic sleeve into the next cone when resealing. I’d insert my index and middle fingers into the cone and spread them to grip it for extraction. Easy peasy.

Did I mention he’s my ex-hubby?

I bet he hung toilet paper completely wrong!

6FF6371A-4732-439D-A203-86BB2AD8E10C.png

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Just don't tell people which way up you eat a soft boiled egg 

My mind was blown the first time someone showed me that pealing a banana from the non-stem end is actually demonstrably better than trying to break off the stem. Doesn't mean I won't still do it the "wrong" way every now and again.

#ThingsYouLearnInCollege

Edited by Quistess Alpha
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

My mind was blown the first time someone showed me that pealing a banana from the non-stem end is actually demonstrably better than trying to break off the stem. Doesn't mean I won't still do it the "wrong" way every now and again.

#ThingsYouLearnInCollege

My memory is, monkeys / apes use the non-stem end. They know better than stoopid hoomans.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Rowan Amore said:

I'm with you.  I'll take a hug from immediate family but anyone else?  A 2 handed handshake is about as far as I'll go.

*tosses some M&MS into the bowl and runs away

I'm with all of you regarding the hugging, and I am still cringeing at the fact one of my male neighbours saw what he believed was an opportunity to hug me and kiss my neck while my hands were too full of shopping to protest. He got the telescopic handle of a broom I was carrying in my bag fully in his cobblers though, so hey ho!

Chucks some chunks of half melted aero mint bars into the bowl, prises the cherry from between Cinnamon's fingers and her inventory, chews it twice and swallows. Yum. Yum. In my tum. :) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Good grief. If I could figure out a way to make it into a SL thread... "Hugs: Discuss!"

People were feeling isolated and sad and haunted by poltergeists and stuff. I posted a group hug gif and omg, it is like I posted something about the proper spelling of colo(u)r!  Y'all will argue about anything. Sheez.

Truth be told, I'm not a random hugger either. See: introvert & misanthrope! But I do hug. And in a relationship I'm darn near clingy.

Mock PEEVE

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Quistess Alpha said:

#ThingsYouLearnInCollege

I learned that lesson from the experts, monkeys at the Milwaukee Country Zoo.

I also learned that experts needn’t be smarter than me.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

Good grief. If I could figure out a way to make it into a SL thread... "Hugs: Discuss!"

ColorlessOrnateBichonfrise-size_restrict

SL hugs aren't anywhere near as warm and cuddly as I like them, though - minor peeve!. And the flying tackle hugs I tend to favor are absolutely dorky (and not in the good way)!

What I want (first one) vs. what I get (second) 🤣

hug-funny.gif

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Seicher Rae said:

People were feeling isolated and sad and haunted by poltergeists and stuff. I posted a group hug gif and omg, it is like I posted something about the proper spelling of colo(u)r!  Y'all will argue about anything. Sheez.

Truth be told, I'm not a random hugger either. See: introvert & misanthrope! But I do hug. And in a relationship I'm darn near clingy.

Mock PEEVE

Virtual hugs are perfectly fine to me as no one is really touching me.  

kitten-hugs.jpg.d6876ea602da7b7822041301c2722c89.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2