1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I doubt your father would have left his clothes strewn all over the living room because he was too lazy to put up a closet rod.

Amazing to think, that prior to stationary bicycles people just put their clothes anywhere.

94527E52-E62E-421F-91D9-4B0364A14D82.jpeg

• Haha 11

36 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

No.  "US Americans", I believe. Such as:

Wait, "US", as in "US vs. THEM"?

Maybe "U.S."? 

Such confuse!

*Edit* Ok, watched the video. She says "U.S.", not "US".  It's not very nice to make fun of her, the poor girl's obviously a Free Thinker, mind untethered and all that.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

No.  "US Americans", I believe. Such as:

"U.S. Americans" is a valid qualification, IMO -- but not just saying "Americans", because that could refer to folks from a variety of other areas.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

"U.S. Americans" is a valid qualification, IMO -- but not just saying "Americans", because that could refer to folks from a variety of other areas.

I felt better when "we" Americans were a whole continent of "bad tourists"! Maintaining a top-tier reputation is easier with the help of friends.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

No.  "US Americans", I personally believe. Such as:

Sarah, I'm going to appeal to you to stop doing this. I don't know where or why you've developed your contempt for the US, but it's ugly and unnecessary to parade it here, especially as so many people here are American.

I have lots of concerns about the USA -- and about the UK and Canada, for that matter. But they're specific to particular contexts, and not reducible to general and unattractive ridicule.

This is, in fact, an American platform, and you're sounding a bit like an ugly British tourist here.

BTW, Canadians know that they are North Americans, but we never refer to ourselves as "American," which here is used only to denote citizens of the US.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Autocorrect
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 12
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Sarah, I'm going to appeal to you to stop doing this. I don't know where or why you've developed your contempt for the US, but it's ugly and unnecessary to parade it here, especially as so many people here are American.

I have lots of concerns about the USA -- and about the UK and Canada, for that matter. But they're specific to particular contexts, and not reducible to general and unattractive ridicule.

This is, in fact, an American platform, and you're sounding a bit like an ugly British tourist here.

BTW, Canadians know that they are North Americans, but we never refer to ourselves as "American," which here is used only to demote citizens of the US.

Not to mention, the video is quite old and talked to death years ago in the press. Maybe is "funny" again now?

• Like 2

*taps mic*

I've got a peeve! When you forget to make extra copies of your head/body to save into a new avatar outfit before making major changes and instead change all the makeup, materials, and shine options on your main copy so now your other avatars all look like they've been swimming, hmpf.

You'd think I'd learn this by now. This is not the first time I've messed up my face(s). 😒

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

No.  "US Americans", I personally believe. Such as:

She must be studying for politics. I have no idea what she said but it sounded good.

And she didn't even have to read off a teleprompter.

Edited by Arielle Popstar
  • Haha 4

7 hours ago, SarahKB7 Koskinen said:

Here's how some new houses are built in England....

Fascinating! I watched the whole thing, and my general impression was "these are really well built homes"...that is, until the efflorescence appeared on the brickwork. What's up with that?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

BTW, Canadians know that they are North Americans, but we never refer to ourselves as "American," which here is used only to denote citizens of the US.

2042041552_R(57).gif.78a765b9d824ef7755f6dde13001dacf.gif

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

It's fine if someone in a group says their own group is a mess, but it doesn't sound good to say it too much about other people's groups.

I'm the first to admit we have lots of issues in the US (btw, every single.person I've talked to over 12+ years knows what I mean by US regardless of their home country).

I'll also be the last to denigrate an entire country for ANY reason even if some of their citizens come off as pompous a**hats.

• Like 6

Amusement, rather than peeve.

1) Tell me that you've never listened to a lyric from a Rage Against the Machine song, without telling me that you've never listened to a lyric from a Rage Against the Machine song.

RATM is currently on tour for the first time in about a decade. And being RATM, they are using projections and stage patter to take aim against the Right, the overturning of Roe vs. Wade, etc.

And my Twitter feed keeps producing complaints from "fans" who think that the band was better "when they weren't so political."

Huh? Lol.

2) Tell me that you've never been really intimate with a woman without telling me . . . well, you know.

Idaho State representative Vito Barbieri, in 2015, asking if it would be feasible to have a woman swallow a miniature camera for the purpose of conducting remote gynecological examinations. (The best part of this video is the end, when you can hear laughter break out as it is explained to him that such a camera wouldn't end up in . . . well, you know.)

https://twitter.com/darafaye/status/1547462978592591873?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Amusement, rather than peeve.

1) Tell me that you've never listened to a lyric from a Rage Against the Machine song, without telling me that you've never listened to a lyric from a Rage Against the Machine song.

RATM is currently on tour for the first time in about a decade. And being RATM, they are using projections and stage patter to take aim against the Right, the overturning of Roe vs. Wade, etc.

And my Twitter feed keeps producing complaints from "fans" who think that the band was better "when they weren't so political."

Huh? Lol.

Oh yeah, I've seen that, too. I always think people are joking, but no, I think a lot really do just somehow miss 99.8% of the lyrics. I have no idea how. Same thing happens with NIN, Ministry, etc. Gosh I do wish those guys would stay in their lane and just make music and stop making political statements! Like...helllloooo?

Speaking of which - Tom Morello is a good follow on Twitter btw.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So, we got a big supermarket here a few weeks.. well maybe months ago, but now they've finished their inventory. They don't have some of the products I saw in the store they've in munich, but.. that's to be expected, I mean, we're MUCH smaller here. But they have the international section now, and it's fully stocked! So, I got to try rootbeer! It's.. okay? I mean, not used to it and stuff, but it wasn't bad, just not really my thing. I tried it as a float too, cause I happened to have some vanilla icecream here. That was better.
What I am peeved about is, tho, that with the exception of the rootbeer - everything else was stuff we already have here. Like.. marshmallows. Same with marshmallow fluff. I brought that stuff ten years ago in a super market already, it's not new, or hard to come by. That was a tad dissapointing. I don't really know what I expected, tho. Propably more iconic US-brands.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

Same with marshmallow fluff. I brought that stuff ten years ago in a super market already, it's not new, or hard to come by. That was a tad dissapointing.

I haven't tried marshmallow fluff since I was a child, but I, remember it as being more than a tad disappointing. Much too cloying and extremely sticky. In elementary school, some of the boys would launch bits of fluff-laden sandwich to see if they could stick them to the ceiling of the lunchroom. Failing that, they'd aim for some girl with long hair. I developed a lifelong dislike of being sticky.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Idaho State representative Vito Barbieri, in 2015, asking if it would be feasible to have a woman swallow a miniature camera for the purpose of conducting remote gynecological examinations. (The best part of this video is the end, when you can hear laughter break out as it is explained to him that such a camera wouldn't end up in . . . well, you know.)

https://twitter.com/darafaye/status/1547462978592591873?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Just so I am clear, it is ok for us foreigners to the US to make fun of the stupidity of their politicians (republicans one at the least) but not their beauty pageant contestants?

18 minutes ago, Sukubia Scarmon said:

So, I got to try rootbeer! It's.. okay? I mean, not used to it and stuff, but it wasn't bad, just not really my thing. I tried it as a float too, cause I happened to have some vanilla icecream here. That was better.

Okay? Okay?? Okay???

Hey, at least you tried it.

Root beer is generally quite sweet, and therefore more attractive to naive children than sophisticated adults here in the US.

There's nothing I love more than playing the naive child in the presence of sophisticated adults.

Sometimes there is an accounting for taste.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Just so I am clear, it is ok for us foreigners to the US to make fun of the stupidity of their politicians (republicans one at the least) but not their beauty pageant contestants?

Great question!  Here is how I would decide:

Which seems to be the class of more entitled people, whose intelligence (or lack) should be highlighted - potentially with humor?

- Politicians, who want our respect, our trust, our vote, and who are helping to create laws that control aspects of our daily lives?  Those are potentially representative of "rich, entitled people (mostly men)" if jokes are interpreted a certain way.

- Or, groomed beauty pageant contestants, who nobody really expects to be very sharp when put on the spot?  Those are potentially representative of "all women" if jokes are interpreted a certain way.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

Okay? Okay?? Okay???

Hey, at least you tried it.

Root beer is generally quite sweet, and therefore more attractive to naive children than sophisticated adults here in the US.

There's nothing I love more than playing the naive child in the presence of sophisticated adults.

Sometimes there is an accounting for taste.

I was going to tag you because of the Root Beer post. Glad to see you're paying attention!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Pet Peeve: People who don't take into account context in comparisons create invalid comparisons. An inability to comprehend context and a tendency to make invalid comparisons are not qualities a "free thinker" would embody.

Edited by Kiera Clutterbuck
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1