4 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Peeve: not everyone appears to find my boobs as intensely interesting and important as I do.

🙃

But this is a peeve thread so was assuming you had some sort of peeve about them, or not being able to show them....or not outlined or something.... was really confusing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Luna was responding to Modulated who was talking about today's bewb posting. Try to keep up maybe? And who is Lunna?

Luuna is Love's mother...in dream form...like dreamtime...somethin...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:
11 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

Luna was responding to Modulated who was talking about today's bewb posting. Try to keep up maybe? And who is Lunna?

Luuna is Love's mother...in dream form...like dreamtime...somethin...

Thanks, Luná!

Aurial did confuse me though, I thought for sure (after having been corrected) you were referring to the recent exchange between Scylla and me, which turned out to only be 8 posts!

I'll be here, misunderstanding things!

D'oh! I fell for Troll bait, again!!

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: A "GoFundMe" for breast augmentation does not qualify as a "study"! 

"We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic boob. @Scylla Rhiadra will be that woman. Better than she was before. Better . . . stronger . . . faster."

ch-ch-ch 

The six million dollar boob! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

"We have the technology. We have the capability to make the world's first bionic boob. @Scylla Rhiadra will be that woman. Better than she was before. Better . . . stronger . . . faster."

The six million dollar boob! 

At today's prices, 6 million would only buy a nipple!

• Haha 3

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: The reason you "laugh" at trolls, is so they know you don't take them seriously!

You know, "troll" is a word we throw around a lot -- and I get that people will define it differently too.

But in my view, we actually have very few trolls here -- if you define "trolling" (as I do) as posting to provoke a response, rather than because one has something of substance to communicate.

We certainly have people with whom I vehemently disagree. That's fine, and maybe even good: I wouldn't want the forum to be an echo chamber.

And we have people whose rhetorical style I find belligerent or even a bit obnoxious.

But I can only think of one relatively frequent poster here whom I'd classify as a "troll." And even that person is generally trying to make a point, even if that's not the primary purpose of the posts.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Ye gods Scylla
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

You know, "troll" is a word we throw around a lot -- and I get that people will define it differently too.

But in my view, we actually have very few trolls here -- if you define "trolling" (as I do) as posting to provoke a response, rather than because one has something of substance to communicate.

We certainly have people with whom I vehemently disagree. That's fine, and maybe even good: I wouldn't want the forum to be an echo chamber.

And we have people whose rhetorical style I find belligerent or even a bit obnoxious.

But I can only think of one relatively frequent poster here whom I'd classify as a "troll." And even that person is generally trying to make a point, even if that's not the primary purpose of the posts.

Ah, then perhaps we differ mostly in the degree. Just because someone occasionally "trolls" does not, and I assume this is your point, mean they "are a troll" (and could easily be reduced to "troll hood").

Peeve: Whereas you count 1, I count possibly 5. Frequent unprovoked attacks, to me, count!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Ah, then perhaps we differ mostly in the degree. Just because someone occasionally "trolls" does not, and I assume this is your point, mean they "are a troll" (and could easily be reduced to "troll hood").

Peeve: Whereas you count 1, I count possibly 5. Frequent unprovoked attacks, to me, count!

Fair enough. "Trolling" is an activity in which, in theory, anyone can occasionally indulge.

Again, though, I'd be hard pressed to really name an incessant "troll" here. That was not always the case in these forums.

• Like 3

Peeve: A list would be too long and start arguments. But examples including moving goalposts, false comparisons, apparently intentional logical fallacies to advance an argument. I'd say those are all "trolling behaviors". But peeves!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Istelathis said:

I need to try some air fried cauliflower now, that sounds kind of good.  

Peeve: My previous air fryer, had a little plastic pin for a switch that would activate the unit when the drawer was pushed in.  I don't know why they made it plastic, but it broke after only three months of use.  I really liked that one too, I just don't know why they would have skimped out on such an important part of the appliance.  The one I purchased to replace it, I made sure had metal switches that would not easily break.

I share a form of this peeve. I've got the most fantastic portable, folding, battery-operated lawn trimmer, and it's like some kind of high-tech, indestructible little booger, I've been using it for three years and it still blasts grass and weeds like some kind of super-scythe.

Only hassle is that the latch where it folds was made out of that cheap black plastic that you can cut with a fingernail, so the third time I used it, the latch broke, and I had to use duct tape and a stick to make a splint for it.

It works great, it just doesn't fold anymore, and all because they decided to make one of the most important parts out of crumbly, cheap plastic.

Sigh.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

12 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Describing a leader of a country as an idiot who made bad decisions is not an ad hominem attack

Oh dear...

"Country X lost a war because of poor decisions, AND leader Y was an insane idiot"

Not an Ad Hominem.

"County X lost a war because of poor decisions BY leader Y, an insane idiot"

An Ad Hominem.

The key point here is "Attack the person", "all ideas by Leader Y were crap BECAUSE leader Y was an insane idiot!".

13 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

"Well of course you think everything President X did was fine, because you're an idiot too. You wouldn't even know what all the factors were that lead to the war, because you failed your Modern European History final," this would be an ad hominem attack.

But that doesn't make it automatically "false" as fraudulently claimed by Debate Society Idiots.

If the target did indeed fail their exam, and does indeed know sod all about history, and is in fact an idiot with aa 2 digit IQ score, the "Ad Hominem" is in fact perfectly valid and "true".

This is why pseudo-intellectuals claiming "the debate society rules of Not-logic prove your mere fact are beaten by head-up-arse invented fallacies".

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Fair enough. "Trolling" is an activity in which, in theory, anyone can occasionally indulge.

Again, though, I'd be hard pressed to really name an incessant "troll" here. That was not always the case in these forums.

Truthfully, maybe it's my "professional" upbringing by early internet culture but there was a time when I considered trolling an art form and not the hateful act it is today. It was usually reserved for self important types that had maneuvered themselves into a ludicrous overextended position on a frankly idiotic topic. There was a certain joy and skill in getting them to argue until their position was so absurd and surreal, they either noticed or stepped out of line. At which point, fair enough, let mods sort it out. Stop before it becomes hurtful.

It felt like it was a natural community immune system response towards extreme or obtuse elements. Obviously nowadays it has gotten a different meaning, one that is a lot more political and also hateful. It has also become a label for just about anyone with a disagreement - because apparently the notion that someone might genuinely disagree compared to say, just getting a rise out of someone, seems to have been lost.

I hate the new internet.

• Like 1

/me thinks for a few moments

Says something absolutely mind blowingly profound, that will be discussed by people for generations.

/me bows

I did write something I thought was mind blowing, but then I read it and saw a ton of flaws in it.. 

Peeve: Mah brain

image.gif.446508ab3606329f8664707526d126e1.gif

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

/me thinks for a few moments

Says something absolutely mind blowingly profound, that will be discussed by people for generations.

/me bows

I did write something I thought was mind blowing, but then I read it and saw a ton of flaws in it.. 

Peeve: Mah brain

image.gif.446508ab3606329f8664707526d126e1.gif

Go the tenacious d route. Claim it was just a tribute to the greatest thought in the world.

Worked for them!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

I share a form of this peeve. I've got the most fantastic portable, folding, battery-operated lawn trimmer, and it's like some kind of high-tech, indestructible little booger, I've been using it for three years and it still blasts grass and weeds like some kind of super-scythe.

Only hassle is that the latch where it folds was made out of that cheap black plastic that you can cut with a fingernail, so the third time I used it, the latch broke, and I had to use duct tape and a stick to make a splint for it.

It works great, it just doesn't fold anymore, and all because they decided to make one of the most important parts out of crumbly, cheap plastic.

Sigh.

Same, my super lawnmower is so awesome..I could go on and on how, but the chute that directs cut grass was cheap plastic, so I use 2 sticks to prop it open.

• Like 1