3 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

I just don't count other people's triangles when I go out.
Problem solved?

I usually have my viewer set to show friends only at big events. It already takes too much time to rez the vendors (If they rez at all some days) . I also tend to cam my way through too. I don't even see any triangles to count!

OB Peeve: WTH is up with some vendors not rezzing until the 3rd or 4th time I land in an event sim?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

I usually have my viewer set to show friends only at big events. It already takes too much time to rez the vendors (If they rez at all some days) . I also tend to cam my way through too. I don't even see any triangles to count!

OB Peeve: WTH is up with some vendors not rezzing until the 3rd or 4th time I land in an event sim?

I much rather the people that set only to see their friends, cam the event also.. Because the ones that don't, run into me when I'm standing in front of a booth.. one event I got knocked from where I was, like 5 times from runners with friends only on.. lol

I was to the point that I was gonna start beating them to the punch and turning and running right at them .. hehehe

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ceka Cianci said:

I much rather the people that set only to see their friends, cam the event also.. Because the ones that don't, run into me when I'm standing in front of a booth.. one event I got knocked from where I was, like 5 times from runners with friends only on.. lol

I was to the point that I was gonna start beating them to the punch and turning and running right at them .. hehehe

While I sometimes might -not- have Show Friends Only on, I always cam. It's so much easier than walking/running.

If there's more than one sim, like at the shop and hop, I'll start at one exit, cam the sim, then TP to the exit of the next sim until I finish. At a one sim shopping event, I move from the landing point then start camming from some arbitrary point.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Midnoot said:

950131f5d2121c377ea5c4883b2e98d7.png

Silence-brand-cause-image-600x443.png

I think you misinterpreted my peeve.

My peeve is that I have to sort MORE things. Not that they're rainbow.

If I didn't like them, why would I have a folder of said items sorted so they're all in one place and easy to add?

Painting.png.496435e20cbf8555a4a4f3617d1

1192103669_Pride2020_005.png.450b0674e0e

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Roxy Couturier said:

While I sometimes might -not- have Show Friends Only on, I always cam. It's so much easier than walking/running.

If there's more than one sim, like at the shop and hop, I'll start at one exit, cam the sim, then TP to the exit of the next sim until I finish. At a one sim shopping event, I move from the landing point then start camming from some arbitrary point.

I think that's about the only time I really ever RP anything.. Me shopping like I'm at a store and walking around..

I'll cam sometimes, but I really like walking the booths a lot. hehehe

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Peeve: When our Mods have to work on weekends, because people go off-topic!

Pet Delight: When our Mods help, because people go off-topic!

Wouldn't they get paid to work weekends, maybe even overtime hours? 

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet Peeve: When our Mods have to work on weekends, because people go off-topic!

Pet Delight: When our Mods help, because people go off-topic!

I wonder if they get to do that from home..

I'd be like, you're in my house now you buncha....freaking....Residents!! \o/

I wouldn't say that out loud in the forums or anything.. just yell it in my house when nobody is home where nobody can hear me scream it..

And it would just be at the very start when I first sat down.. Just to get it out of my system.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Roxy Couturier said:

I think you misinterpreted my peeve.

My peeve is that I have to sort MORE things. Not that they're rainbow.

If I didn't like them, why would I have a folder of said items sorted so they're all in one place and easy to add?

Painting.png.496435e20cbf8555a4a4f3617d1

1192103669_Pride2020_005.png.450b0674e0e

I was just including yours for added impact to the corporations pumping out the rainbow in the name of $.

Small Sci-Fi Con peeve: too many low doorways and stairwells for this tall alien. :( Yes, I can double-click-teleport in some instances, but it's a right PITA. Probably explains why I've not seen any Pandorians in my travels.

(Thankfully, lag this year hasn't been too bad, apart from at really popular events.)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

Small Sci-Fi Con peeve: too many low doorways and stairwells for this tall alien. :( Yes, I can double-click-teleport in some instances, but it's a right PITA. Probably explains why I've not seen any Pandorians in my travels.

(Thankfully, lag this year hasn't been too bad, apart from at really popular events.)

Was it me, or was the whole thing low vibe this year? And the designs of the most of the places...yikes.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I bet most people don't even pay attention to region ratings when shopping. Unless it's a store they go to a lot, and even then. I couldn't tell you which stores are on what land. In fact, one that I could've sworrrrn was on Adult land turned out to be in General. Whoops!

As for how the shoppers dress...I'm in no position to criticize. I run around in whole entire ballgowns and evening wear some days. Cat or a parrot on my head, roller skates, food in my antlers, skeleton parts, my AO set to dance mode (not all at once, though now I want to try that...). And I never give a dip about BOM or mesh underwear unless I'm purposefully showing it off (sheer jumpsuits, etc.), so I probably accidentally flashed some otherwise PG frog booty once or twice.

Though, that ONE attachment is the only thing that makes me choose to derender someone immediately, so I feel ya on that part.

I know I don't look at region ratings when shopping. I don't look at other people either. I wouldn't notice 10 men in a daisy chain (well OK, maybe THAT I would). When I'm shopping, I am there to shop. Not people watch. I'm willing to bet the creators don't care what someone is wearing either. As long as someone buys their product, they're happy. 

If it was that much of a concern, then there would be a greeter telling people they will be banned if they don't follow a dress code. And ejects people with a warning if their complexity is too high. That wouldn't be very good for business though.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Spiffy Voxel said:

I was doing the hunt as a centaur and had some difficulties getting close enough to the hunt prize in a couple of places where space was tight but when that happens I just see it as a creative challenge to improve my nav skills. 😆Does ‘crouch walk’ work with your av? 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

Was it me, or was the whole thing low vibe this year? And the designs of the most of the places...yikes.

I quite like the more anarchic design of Sci-Fi Con. As much as I enjoy the eye-candy of Fantasy Faire, for instance, it can feel like you're on a tourist trail, and the various storefronts tend to blend into one another after a while. 🤷‍♂️

There is a lot of stuff going on this year at Con, which ironically makes it hard to attend since many of them take place at the same time or overlap.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fauve Aeon said:

I was doing the hunt as a centaur and had some difficulties getting close enough to the hunt prize in a couple of places where space was tight but when that happens I just see it as a creative challenge to improve my nav skills. 😆Does ‘crouch walk’ work with your av? 

Sadly, crouch walk doesn't work for me in those situations, which is a bummer. :( However, I'm very good at camming around to find things. ;)

• Like 4

Posted (edited)

Peeve: No weapon rules in SL.

Sorry that I almost blew your fake head off in this fake world with my fake gun.

Sorry that I almost decapitated your virtual head in this virtual world with my virtual knife.

Yet you ain't gonna say anything about a wizard staff or a wand, which is equally as dangerous as either of those other  "weapons" in second life. Blows a fireball in your logic.  :V

" It's about not being threatening! "

Cause my un-scripted, prop weapons, purely for aesthetic, terrify you into wanting to log out, cause the scary virtual thug might bust a cap in your frail mind. :V

As if  weapons are the only thing that make me look threatening to someone who would leave SL just because they saw a virtual weapon. I guarantee you I've done that with appearances alone.

Thanks for limiting our creative expression because you had a delusional dream of a safe space in 2nd life.

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Midnoot said:

Peeve: No weapon rules in SL.

Sorry that I almost blew your fake head off in this fake world with my fake gun.

Sorry that I almost decapitated your virtual head in this virtual world with my virtual knife.

Yet you ain't gonna say anything about a wizard staff or a wand, which is equally as dangerous as either of those other  "weapons" in second life. Blows a fireball in your logic.  :V

" It's about not being threatening! "

Cause my un-scripted, prop weapons, purely for aesthetic, terrify you into wanting to log out, cause the scary virtual thug might bust a cap in your frail mind. :V

As if  weapons are the only thing that make me look threatening to someone who would leave SL just because they saw a virtual weapon. I guarantee you I've done that with appearances alone.

Thanks for limiting our creative expression because you had a delusional dream of a safe space in 2nd life.

The owner of a sim can set whatever rules they want to set. They might say "No Weapons" because they want a peaceful sim and don't want people blowing stuff up, shooting other users, etc. They might want a sim that won't trigger people who have PTSD from RL violence. A wizard's staff or wand might count as a weapon. You don't get to decide what is ok or not on someone else's property.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

The owner of a sim can set whatever rules they want to set. They might say "No Weapons" because they want a peaceful sim and don't want people blowing stuff up, shooting other users, etc. They might want a sim that won't trigger people who have PTSD from RL violence. A wizard's staff or wand might count as a weapon. You don't get to decide what is ok or not on someone else's property.

ok, Warden.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Plus, most Regions are "no damage" so weapons are really griefer tools at those places. The "safest" places are also "no push", and the general solution is to "sit on something".

• Like 1

Peeve: Seggs sims dominating SL's Traffic.

I wonder why.  Let me see,

- No rules about weapons

- No rules about language

- No rules about dress codes

- No rules about choice of topic

And so on. HMMMMMMMM, It's almost like it's not just the seggs that people like about these sims. Maybe it's the freedom to be an adult in an adult platform. :V! 

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

Peeve:

Enforcers of SL seeming unwilling to control their own environment other than through mass banning of every possible fun aspect of SL. "  If  I can't enjoy it, neither will anyone else. "

It's not like we have the option to completely erase someone from the face of the region by 

- Derendering them when they're too scary for our fragile eyes to witness

- Blocking them when their scary words inflict bodily harm to us in RL

- Muting them when their mouthy voice smacks us in the face with traumatic memories that there are humans and that people in SL might just be from the real world. :V

- Oh,  and that thing that apparently nobody in SL has the capacity to do, ignoring them manually. :P

Edited by Midnoot
  • Like 1