3 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

One page of Barbie and Oppenheimer references doesn't even come close to when we post about food or security orbs.

The posts about "Barbie vs. Ken" come dangerously close to being "gender wars".

• Thanks 1

If it wasn't for the off topics and derails the Lindens leave us with very little to talk about. Even the inworld community meetings are mostly just info sessions of what they intend to do Soon™. That has taken away the hope many rely on that things are going to improve and we are left with the that they are only interested in our monies, not our input. I think that qualifies as a pet peeve.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When the Mods don't get the respect they deserve!

I have a lot of respect for the mods. They have a difficult task.
But not so much for people who report things because a thread doesn't go to their liking,

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 6

Don't know if it's because people aren't using night mode or something, but it kinda peeves me how forum text appears when copied elsewhere and people don't bother rejecting the formatting.

9c5922bf8e60d204fb7edba93b52685d.png

I know it's next to impossible to remember all keyboard codes (and that some people don't even have a numpad - ™ is alt + 0153, by the by), so I couldn't fault someone for not knowing how to write such symbols - but there sure are a lot of eye-sores around here from just sloppy formatting! 

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: When the Mods don't get the respect they deserve!

Don't put it on the Mods, they just work here. Rather put it on those who make the policies and the tattle tales who think they are a somebody when they report a post they feel transgresses a line, whether real or imagined,

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:
52 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

Pet Peeve:  Net-nannies on the forum.

They usually only show up if someone calls them, so are you complaining about the mods or the reporters?

Not the mods at all.

1 minute ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Forgot about the SpaceX re-entry this morning, wanted to get out on the patio and catch it streaking across the sky...totally missed it and only heard the sonic boom.

I have the same feeling about events like comets, meteor showers, and planetary alignments as there's too much artificial light in the area to see anything.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I have the same feeling about events like comets, meteor showers, and planetary alignments as there's too much artificial light in the area to see anything.

I hate sky noise, yeah. Before Hurricane Katrina, the sky was always orange over my town. Lights at night and dust. Total obscuration of the stars.

After Katrina, it was clear-ish for maybe a year.

I went to Arkansas to visit a friend who lives in the hills, and I saw the sky that night and I didn't even want to sleep inside. I hadn't seen so many stars since I was little.

• Like 4

Peeve: eye-shopping in SL. I'm not looking for anything 'specific', I'm looking for something very mundane, but even after specifying my search very carefully there's more than 200 pages of mostly junk or just 'same thing, different creator'. I don't understand why we need so fricking many eyes, or why people keep cranking them out - do people change their eyes daily or something? Or is it so that people can call themselves 'creators' or 'store owners' because it's such an easy product to produce? 

Certainly feels like it'd be quicker to make my own than trying to browse. But I'm also lazy.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Orwar said:

Don't know if it's because people aren't using night mode or something, but it kinda peeves me how forum text appears when copied elsewhere and people don't bother rejecting the formatting.

9c5922bf8e60d204fb7edba93b52685d.png

I know it's next to impossible to remember all keyboard codes (and that some people don't even have a numpad - ™ is alt + 0153, by the by), so I couldn't fault someone for not knowing how to write such symbols - but there sure are a lot of eye-sores around here from just sloppy formatting! 

These days, I press Windows key + "." to bring up the Emoji dialog, type "TM" and use that! ™️

image.png.34ac45ff73697a6b86a92b92f36ebb76.png

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

Peeve: Forgot about the SpaceX re-entry this morning, wanted to get out on the patio and catch it streaking across the sky...totally missed it and only heard the sonic boom.

Peeve: No crash, so no news. 😞 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Orwar said:

I don't understand why we need so fricking many eyes, or why people keep cranking them out - do people change their eyes daily or something?

I do, yeah. Or hourly. Basically with every avatar or outfit change (if I'm wearing something drastically different). Eyes are a major part of my look, though, and I'm always fiddling with them and adding effects, which reminds me - we need more animated eye overlays!

It's weird because eyes (especially different styles) are always the one thing I feel like I need more of. Everything I find is so same-y and plain-y. I've only got a tiny handful of stores I can rely on for something fun.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

This is what happens on heavily moderated forums.
We all know that. "Time for a lock" is always present.
There are a few trigger happy reporters on these forums, but they are not in the meaning of article writers.

Fixed so I can agree. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PheebyKatz said:

I hate sky noise, yeah. Before Hurricane Katrina, the sky was always orange over my town. Lights at night and dust. Total obscuration of the stars.

After Katrina, it was clear-ish for maybe a year.

I went to Arkansas to visit a friend who lives in the hills, and I saw the sky that night and I didn't even want to sleep inside. I hadn't seen so many stars since I was little.

You want to see stars? Head for the desert; Arizona, New Mexico, Colorado, Utah... the Four Corners.

The-Core-at-Joshua-Tree-feature-Image.jp

• Like 5

6 hours ago, Orwar said:

I don't understand why we need so fricking many eyes, or why people keep cranking them out - do people change their eyes daily or something?

Everybody is different in how they use SL. I settle on a basic look for each of my 4 avatars and try to keep them pretty close to that. Persephone is me, so I want her to have my RL hazel-green eye color most of the time (which has actually been pretty hard to reproduce in SL). Alycia has dark green eyes. Tasha has wolf-amber. Evan's eyes are generally blue-grey.  I still collect free eyes in different colors, just like I collect free skins. I should probably delete the ones I won't use, but then I'd need to try them on and delete all the ones that look flat, not realistic, or not interesting to me.

19 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

Everybody is different in how they use SL. I settle on a basic look for each of my 4 avatars and try to keep them pretty close to that.

Yeah I hardly ever change skins or such. Unless I'm doing some fantasy getup or something. Even changing hair colour is a somewhat traumatic experience - Mina's blonde, Neph's black-haired (but having some white hair if it's well-textured works). Orwar started out ginger, then went more brown, and finally black. But that was a 10 year process!

• Like 1