16 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Folks that think they need to stand damn near against vendors in order to click them

Try shouting "$500L LUCKY CHAIR (and their first name letter), SECOND FLOOR!" so they run upstairs and leave the vendor clear :)

• Haha 5

Just now, Rat Luv said:

Try shouting "$500L LUCKY CHAIR (and their first name letter), SECOND FLOOR!" so they run upstairs and leave the vendor clear :)

You might clear half the mall because they now know there are lucky chairs there..

I can hear the group chat blowing up already with a grapevine extension that will last the rest of the day...

I can't find the Lucky chairs, Where are the Chairs, omg why they hide these Chairs so good!! What letter is the chairs on!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:
16 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Pepto Bismol.

I've only met one other person in my life that can't take that stuff either.

Now you've met two.

I actually like the taste.  I only take it when my stomach is feeling really 'off', more for nausea than anything else.

• Like 2

Seeing a really pretty dress on a store mannequin; looking all around for said dress and not finding it; checking the creator of the dress on the mannequin and finding it is someone else; going to said person's store and discovering that the dress is only sold attached to the mannequin.  Possible from a full perm kit, but I don't do dress texturing or rigging.

*sigh*

• Like 5

To go with the L$10 "gift" at events, we now have a new practice of a Hunt Outfit being broken into multiple packages in order to get the hunt item cost for each piece of the outfit.

Sucky economy sucks, cuz it makes Merchants go out of their way to pull a few extra L$ from us.  I can only assume that the extra L$5 adds up for them - else why bother?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Now you've met two.

I actually like the taste.  I only take it when my stomach is feeling really 'off', more for nausea than anything else.

I've never tried it, the idea of drinking a bismuth compound is interesting to me though because bismuth is scientifically proven to be the best element:

bismuth-crystal.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

I've never tried it, the idea of drinking a bismuth compound is interesting to me though because bismuth is scientifically proven to be the best element:

bismuth-crystal.jpg

The ingredient in Pepto Bismol is Bismuth subsalicylate:

"Bismuth subsalicylate is an antacid and anti-diarrheal agent. Exhibiting antibacterial and gastroprotective properties, bismuth subsalicylate is an insoluble salt of salicylic acid linked to trivalent bismuth cation. Each molecule of bismuth subsalicylate contains 58% bismuth and 42% salicylate by weight."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The ingredient in Pepto Bismol is Bismuth subsalicylate:

"Bismuth subsalicylate is an antacid and anti-diarrheal agent. Exhibiting antibacterial and gastroprotective properties, bismuth subsalicylate is an insoluble salt of salicylic acid linked to trivalent bismuth cation. Each molecule of bismuth subsalicylate contains 58% bismuth and 42% salicylate by weight."

It also has anticoagulation properties because it's a salicylate. I learned that after donating blood after taking Peptobismol the night before. My puncture wound took longer to stop bleeding.

Peptobismol tablets are great to take with you when traveling, btw.

• Like 3

Peeve: Went to test one instrument (a taishokoto), and the pickup had a 2.5mm socket instead of 3.5mm or 1.4inch. Ordered a 2.5mm converter and cable instead of trying an external pickup.  Unboxed another instrument (another taishokoto), and it had a broken string.  And, taishokoto strings have a loop at the end, so have to study how to rig a guitar string instead.

Peeved.

12 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Now you've met two.

We can't take it at all. It comes right back up every time. Every time. What's the point of taking something to settle your stomach if it doesn't stay in long enough to do anything? That's the peeve.

• Sad 1

Overpowering artificial scents.  I ran out of fabric conditioner so went to the local garage for some.  They had just one sort, that I hadn't used before.  The scent was so strong I'm washing everything again with plain water to get it out of my home.  Presumably some people like these strong scents but I find them unbearable.   It's going down the loo, but I dislike waste as well.  :/ 

Edited by Garnet Psaltery
Missing comma
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

Overpowering artificial scents.

Oh that is such a pet peeve. There's a popular scent brand in the US (Glade) that I'm sooo allergic to. I nearly died when visiting a friend who'd gone wild with scented candles everywhere, and visiting another who had these noxious 'scent crystals' mixed in with kitty litter.

Some aftershaves -- I can smell the delivery men after they leave my porch.

Sneezing, coughing, eyes watering, brain fog.

Edited by Luna Bliss
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Arduenn Schwartzman said:

Me, getting an email notification from some lame 'security' device, while I'm being offline:

"You Arduenn Schwartzman hit ****** Resident with [vehicle from rezzer]. They have been notified."

My Asparagus brain: "I DID NOT!!!! I'M INNOCENT!"

* in a court of law *

Judge: "Mr. Schwartzman, did you, or did you not own the vehicle in question which hit Asterixes Resident?  The court has an automated Log which claims that you hit them."

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

* in a court of law *

Judge: "Mr. Schwartzman, did you, or did you not own the vehicle in question which hit Asterixes Resident?  The court has an automated Log which claims that you hit them."

Objection! 🖐️

The vehicle came from a rezzer...the creator of the rezzer may be responsible 👨‍⚖️👩‍⚖️

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Judge: "Mr. Schwartzman, did you, or did you not own the vehicle in question which hit ********* Resident?  The court has an automated Log which claims that you hit them."

Hey, you need to replace that ACTUAL SecondLifer's name ( yeah it's an actual used name ) with *********, no naming and shaming remember.

Baaaad Lion

/me fetches the rolled up newspaper.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

Objection! 🖐️

The vehicle came from a rezzer...the creator of the rezzer may be responsible 👨‍⚖️👩‍⚖️

True! If rezzer was sold with the vehicle, especially!

The judge may see fit to rule in favor of the defendant, and also fine the injured party for being a "nuisance" with their "bump" message!

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

The judge may see fit to rule in favor of the defendant, and also fine the injured party for being a "nuisance" with their "bump" message!

Definitely! 👍 So ****** Resident must now pay Arduenn $L 5,948,483 in damages, plus the Court of Peeves Thread County $L 4,833,373, and then my lawyer's fee of $L 589,833,483. Good result! :)

Edited by Rat Luv
  • Like 3