10 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

If you can teach me how to get the bad rating on one of my products removed let me know!

Oh that... It's PROBABLY

1. Be a BIG FAMOUS BRAND!

2. Run by a b*tch so toxic they make ME look like a Pointless Positivity Cultist.

3. Be so old that you know all the LL staff members concerned by their civilian alts first names.

4. Go totally mental, and threaten to pull your products from SL!

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, Sid Nagy said:

You get e-mail notifications, not inworld.

That's kind of my point - if I (can only speak for myself) used a separate avatar for "transactions and stuff" to reduce notifications, etc. I would also use a separate email for the same reason. (In case I wasn't clear, this means I could / would probably ignore the emails just like the transaction notifications, etc.)

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Kimmi Zehetbauer said:

as soon the review hit she PMed me to remove it or she lodge a AR against me

And that kind of tactic... Threats of AR's for leaving a non 5 star review, or banning from their store sim, or blacklisting on their mp store, probably works on a lot of people, who are excessively terrified of being AR'd as they assume it's an automatic loss of account.

"Delete your review or I'll AR you and because I am the famous store owner Toxic.Egowh*re, and been here 18 years, and Premium DoublePlooooooseGood, you will instantly be banned!"

"Oh Noe! A Famous Store will AR me and get me banned from SL! I surrender!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

Oh that... It's PROBABLY

1. Be a BIG FAMOUS BRAND!

2. Run by a b*tch so toxic they make ME look like a Pointless Positivity Cultist.

3. Be so old that you know all the LL staff members concerned by their civilian alts first names.

4. Go totally mental, and threaten to pull your products from SL!

5. Profit?

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: First weather this season under 50F today here, in Florida.

I remember my first winter vacation to Florida. Throughout my childhood, I dreamed about spending a winter in the state's warm sunny climate I heard so much about as New York in December is too damn cold. I got the chance to visit in 1989 and was looking forward to running around in t-shirts instead of being bundled up in 10 thousand layers Randy "I can't put my arms down!" Christmas Story style.

The temperatures remained in the lower 40's for most of the week I was there. There was maybe one day where the highest reached 70 and for a couple of hours. You bet I was big mad about schlepping around in a heavy coat in a place that promised escape from the brutal cold of the Northeast.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I remember my first winter vacation to Florida. Throughout my childhood, I dreamed about spending a winter in the state's warm sunny climate I heard so much about as New York in December is too damn cold. I got the chance to visit in 1989 and was looking forward to running around in t-shirts instead of being bundled up in 10 thousand layers Randy "I can't put my arms down!" Christmas Story style.

The temperatures remained in the lower 40's for most of the week I was there. There was maybe one day where the highest reached 70 and for a couple of hours. You bet I was big mad about schlepping around in a heavy coat in a place that promised escape from the brutal cold of the Northeast.

I am lucky to be in "South" Florida! There's a big difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, Eddy Vortex said:

Ah, Orlando wasn't far south enough.

About the same longitude (Tampa Bay here), but I'm closer to the West coast than Orlando is to either coast (although it's not too far from the East coast). Being close to the coast has a large affect on the weather. My own experience with "colder" Florida was in the panhandle area 30+ years ago, much farther North.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

About the same longitude (Tampa Bay here), but I'm closer to the West coast than Orlando is to either coast (although it's not too far from the East coast). Being close to the coast has a large affect on the weather. My own experience with "colder" Florida was in the panhandle area 30+ years ago, much farther North.

It was 20 when I woke up this morning so hush about the 50.  😐

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Today was decent for us -- 28 when I got up and ultimately went to a high of 58.  We tend to bounce a lot this time of year.  We had highs in the 30s over the Thanksgiving holiday, then most of a week in the 50s and now we will go back to highs in the upper 30s tomorrow and Friday.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve: Sadly, the Huskies haven't adjusted to the cooler weather yet for longer walks, but at least they mostly want to be outside. I guess being older and overweight makes the weather change harder for walkies.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

And that kind of tactic... Threats of AR's for leaving a non 5 star review, or banning from their store sim, or blacklisting on their mp store, probably works on a lot of people, who are excessively terrified of being AR'd as they assume it's an automatic loss of account.

"Delete your review or I'll AR you and because I am the famous store owner Toxic.Egowh*re, and been here 18 years, and Premium DoublePlooooooseGood, you will instantly be banned!"

"Oh Noe! A Famous Store will AR me and get me banned from SL! I surrender!"

Yeah. Worries about ARs are clearly silly, and no one who has any real understanding of how LL handles such things is going to be afraid about that.

What I suspect does cause a chilling effect dissuading some from leaving possibly well-deserved critical reviews on the MP is the potential of being banned from a store for it. If you shop regularly at a store (hypothetically, imagine one named "Addamberry"), and value access to their weekend sales goods or even their regular offerings, you're likely going to be thinking twice before leaving an even mildly negative review on their MP page. Indeed, it's possible that lists of banned residents get shared around between stores -- I don't know how prevalent such lists are, but I know they exist. (I myself was banned pre-emptively from a number of r*pe, snuff, and Dolcett sims I'd never even visited about 12 years ago. Tragic. Totally ruined my SL, that did. I had to take up checkers instead.)

Store owners are, of course, entirely within their rights to ban anyone they want from their stores. And I can imagine cases of purely malicious trolling that would totally merit such an action. But I'm pretty certain that threat of bans is one of the reasons there are few reviews on the MP.

Edited by Scylla Rhiadra
Typo
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

Yeah. Worries about ARs are clearly silly, and no one who has any real understanding of how LL handles such things is going to be afraid about that.

What I suspect does cause a chilling effect dissuading some from leaving possibly well-deserved critical reviews on the MP is the potential of being banned from a store for it. If you shop regularly at a store (hypothetically, imagine one named "Addamberry"), and value access to their weekend sales goods or even their regular offerings, you're likely going to be thinking twice before leaving an even mildly negative review on their MP page. Indeed, it's possible that lists of banned residents get shared around between stores -- I don't know how prevalent such lists are, but I know they exist. (I myself was banned pre-emptively from a number of r*pe, snuff, and Dolcett sims I'd never even visited about 12 years ago. Tragic. Totally ruined my SL, that did. I had to take up checkers instead.)

Store owners are, of course, entirely within their rights to ban anyone they want from their stores. And I can imagine cases of purely malicious trolling that would totally merit such an action. But I'm pretty certain that threat of bans is one of the reasons there are few reviews on the MP.

Even if you were banned from a (Marketplace) store, wouldn't you still be able to use an Alt to buy yourself things as "gifts"? (I realize this means you couldn't use in-store "redeliveries" for upgrades, etc.)

• Like 2

Peeve: the week after Thanksgiving, has been the week of Taketh Away. lol

The computer died Saturday, the battery in my jeep died yesterday morning and last night the router died. Lol

We got a new battery last night, a new router is coming Friday and if all goes well, the computer will be running Saturday.

They weren't kidding when they say it comes in three's..

The really good thing is, all the pictures I'm finding on the old hard drives. That and tons of other goodies.:)

I love a good silver lining. Hehehe 

• Like 5

4 hours ago, Ceka Cianci said:

Peeve: the week after Thanksgiving, has been the week of Taketh Away. lol

The computer died Saturday, the battery in my jeep died yesterday morning and last night the router died. Lol

We got a new battery last night, a new router is coming Friday and if all goes well, the computer will be running Saturday.

They weren't kidding when they say it comes in three's..

The really good thing is, all the pictures I'm finding on the old hard drives. That and tons of other goodies.:)

I love a good silver lining. Hehehe 

OMFG, what a load of losses!!  My sympathies and my appreciation of your great attitude!  Celebrate those silver linings and those old photos and goodies!  🤗

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Even if you were banned from a (Marketplace) store, wouldn't you still be able to use an Alt to buy yourself things as "gifts"? (I realize this means you couldn't use in-store "redeliveries" for upgrades, etc.)

True enough, although the provision of an option for gifting, especially for sale items, can be a bit hit-and-miss. (I know this because I frequently buy gifts for my alt, and for friends, particularly during sales). 

There are undoubtedly other ways around a store ban -- using the MP, for instance, when applicable -- but I'd still bet that this is a consideration for some people.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

True enough, although the provision of an option for gifting, especially for sale items, can be a bit hit-and-miss.

8 minutes ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

There are undoubtedly other ways around a store ban -- using the MP, for instance, when applicable

Yes, I specifically meant using the "give as gift" Marketplace option.

• Like 1

Just now, Leora Greenwood said:

Why, yes, we do!  /me peers down the road.........  Yep, still there.

I jest, of course! I own at least two New Orleans / Louisiana cookbooks, for instance. 

(And I should note that my own country is not exactly renowned for its own cuisine, although we do have a few nice things, such as tourtière. Most of our best "native" foods, however, are adaptations of cuisines from around the world, such as Indian roti, which is wonderful.)

• Like 2