6 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

My point is, that whatever it was, and whoever they were, it was all over more than 12 years ago, and means almost nothing to most people here today.

A self exiled fashion guru returns, announces their return as glorious news and... Nobody gave a damn.

An obscure railroad fanatic returned after a decade away... And was surprised that people didn't thank him for building a full bright prim crap railway that didn't work, and was left unfinished for over two years.

There is this weird thing in SL where people are obsessed with ancient exiles, that only they even remember.

6 minutes ago, Ted McGregor said:

The only thing she is interested in is to have control over others, this forum and the tone that is set here. That's what she always has been doing.

That's what is going on. Nothing more.

I would say it's more a case of a nerve being hit perhaps because the majority of people in Second Life aren't remembered 12 years after leaving, while others are a legend within their own peer group. I know that Innula and Void and Rolig and Lindal were all around, as were many others who are sadly no longer with us, Valerie Inshan, Osprey Therian to name but two. These people had very special qualities, or a particular skill, or a kind vibe, or all three, and that is why they'll be remembered by the people who they mattered to. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

8 minutes ago, Zalificent Corvinus said:

There is this weird thing in SL where people are obsessed with ancient exiles, that only they even remember.

I don't think this is exclusive to SL. We all remember people we were fond of from long ago, and like to see them mentioned. It's unfortunate you didn't meet the person being spoken about, but there's no need to trash others who like to fondly remember those they liked in the past.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I think one could ask @Prokofy Neva about it, if they want more details.

Nah. Prok has his own particular perspective on the forums, and I think often misreads the power / social dynamic here, but to his credit let it be said that he was (and still is) entirely uninterested in the petty gossip and sniping that we sometimes see here (except of course where it involves him).

And petty, small-minded gossip was what this stuff was. I doubt it even registered on him. (I wish it hadn't on me!)

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bagnu said:

Pet peeve: Newbies who get hours of setup help, and then unfriend right after they are at the point they want, without even saying: "Thank you, I have it from here now".

I honestly wish the more of the newbies I've helped would unfriend me when they no longer need my help. This would save me wondering "who is this person on my friends list and will they feel hurt if I remove them?"

Edited by Persephone Emerald
  • Like 8

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I honestly wish the more of the newbies I've helped would unfriend me when they no longer need my help. This would save me wondering "who is this person on my friends list and will they feel hurt if I remove them?"

If you can't remember who they are, odds are they can't remember who you are, and won't really notice when you unfriend them, and if, by some miracle they do, and IM you, you can blame it on SL glitches, and renew the friendship.

• Like 4

• Moles

Gentle reminder

• Interpersonal Disputes or Personal Negative Commentary: If you have a personal disagreement, do not post about it on the Second Life community pages. Residents who have personal differences have other channels of communication available to them — private messaging in the forums, IM within Second Life, or chatting within Second Life.
  • No Flaming: "Flames" are hostile or disruptive posts, or messages intended to incite an angry response. Spirited discussion and constructive disagreement are welcome, but name-calling and airing of grievances are not appropriate in our discussion areas. We will also not tolerate any post that encourages others to violate any policy of Linden Lab

Community Participation Guidelines

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I honestly wish the more of the newbies I've helped would unfriend me when they no longer need my help. This would save me wondering "who is this person on my friends list and will be feel hurt if I remove them?"

I just think it would be good manners to say:  "Thank you, I've got it from here". Especially after 6 or more hours of cumulative help, before unfriending.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

There are still quite a few of us left that know who Void Singer was/is. I'm one. 

I remember seeing her last at SLU, maybe 6, 7 years back, before it went down.. It was a good while after she had left these forums.. It may have even been around the RZ period..

ETA: Then again I'm just guessing on all the time periods, because it's all so blended together over the years.. I just can't bring myself to say something like 10 ,12 years ago.. hehehe

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I'll bring a protein source that moles like for when we inevitably wake him with our loud music and bar room brawls.

Peeve: its hard to source good-quality, juicy grubs.

Yeah, and you DO like loud music and a good bar room brawl Cinny...and good quality,  juicy, high protein grubs...to feed to the moles, of course...

Edited by Bagnu
  • Haha 3