57 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

* curses that German to hear all English with upspeak and vocal fry! *

1 hour ago, Persephone Emerald said:

My mother was told by a German that her English was sloppy. I assume he was not used to a Californian accent,  but even so, complaining about how a native speaker uses their own language is very rude.

My Second Life mentor and first partner was (is!) German. He hated the translators that we could use inworld, and wrote quite good English. Most of the time we managed to understand each other, even though I was always too verbose when I look back at our chat logs. He said that we both sometimes seemed to talk like Yoda! "Nice build, it is", "Bought new land have I" :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, kali Wylder said:

Major Peeve: I thought COVID was over.  How did I get it?

It's not over, they just stopped recording the figures for statistics at some point, or stopped giving out free test kits, and people became a bit too devil-may-care. I seem to still have a variant of it in my system. I thought at first it was flu, but it's not like any flu I ever had before, and is lingering. The exhaustion is ridiculous (unless this is how I am supposed to feel at 60, which is certainly not the new 50!). 

Also I believe the gzillion jabs everyone has had so far may not have been as effective as the governments were hoping, and also after just a few months it would appear their effectiveness diminishes.

And if you have a neighbour like mine, who invites you in for a cup of tea, and then tells you he just had to cancel a hospital appointment because he's got covid, then you'll likely catch it off him as I did 😒

I hope you feel better soon. On top of the health problems you already have, it just isn't fair though.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Paul Hexem said:

Either of you know of Richard Jewel? That one sticks with me every time I think of media justice. They all but murdered a bona fide life saving hero.

Exactly. Trial by media happens too often. The sheeple will always believe what is spoon fed to them, and then their opinions rarely change. It's totally unfair and unacceptable. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Stephanie Misfit said:

I know!! This is made worse by the fact that I am waiting for Starfield to be released tomorrow and that it is being released on a work day, and I don't have the day off. So I am definitely peeved that it is not Saturday.

I'd love to play but two things prevent it. The cost and no single player. Both are major peeves.

Edited by Silent Mistwalker

35 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I'd love to play but two things prevent it. The cost and no single player. Both are major peeves.

I could've sworn Starfield is singleplayer only. People have been pretty upset that multiplayer and local co-op isn't planned (I think?).

That's a peeve. I can barely keep up with new release news this year because so many good games are coming out rapid fire and I can't keep track of who players are mad at and why 😂.

I agree with you on the cost, though. What is it - $60 or $70? I so rarely even want to play AAA games and have been wholly spoiled by super cheap Indies that still offer hundreds of hours of content. The ONLY game I'd even think about paying that much for is Baldur's Gate and that's only because I'm a huge Larian fangirl and some of my favorite voice actors are in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I could've sworn Starfield is singleplayer only. People have been pretty upset that multiplayer and local co-op isn't planned (I think?).

That's a peeve. I can barely keep up with new release news this year because so many good games are coming out rapid fire and I can't keep track of who players are mad at and why 😂.

I agree with you on the cost, though. What is it - $60 or $70? I so rarely even want to play AAA games and have been wholly spoiled by super cheap Indies that still offer hundreds of hours of content. The ONLY game I'd even think about paying that much for is Baldur's Gate and that's only because I'm a huge Larian fangirl and some of my favorite voice actors are in it.

I just checked the Steam page again. Now it says single player and no MMO or coop whereas before it said MMO and coop. WTAF?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716740/Starfield/

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I just checked the Steam page again. Now it says single player and no MMO or coop. WTAF?

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1716740/Starfield/

Yeah, it's possible Steam had it listed incorrectly. I never actually checked there since I plan to play it on Game Pass (IF I play it at all - gonna check some Twitch streams in 30 mins to see if it's interesting enough to bother with the massive download!).

If you look at some of the gaming blogs, they've got articles about it being singleplayer only and how weird it is that Bethesda didn't opt for any multiplayer or local co-op. It DOES seem like a bit of an odd choice not to include both considering how many people demand everything be, at the very least, couch co-op these days.

I could peeve here for days about things Bethesda does, though, but I won't. 😂

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

I just went and checked it on Steam again. It's been changed from MMO and coop to single player only. That change has been within the last couple of days. Not sure who messed that up, Steam or Bethesda.

Either way, I'm not going to ask him to pay $70 for a pre-purchase when he had just spent $40 to gift me Sims 4 Horse Ranch expansion. My bd is coming up and he's been looking for something to get me. I still may end up with a better graphics card when he is done testing the one he ordered. It just won't happen on my bd, as usual. 

That's my peeve. He never manages to hit it on the actual date, so birthdays and Christmas gifts always come days (and sometimes weeks) before or after. I finally gave up on ever having a traditional Christmas ever again two years ago after beating my head against a brick wall for more than 2 decades.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Definitely single-player, and it is on Game Pass, so you can just pay the monthly cost of that to access it on either PC or Xbox. It won't be out of early access till the 5th or 6th I think.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

What game pass do you have?  On my new PC I have a free offer for Xbox game pass for a year...is it worth it?

Game Pass for PC - $9.99 per month. It's saved me an absolute fortune as so many of my wishlisted Steam games have shown up there and I got to play them for "free."

8 minutes ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

I just went and checked it on Steam again. It's been changed from MMO and coop to single player only. That change has been within the last couple of days. Not sure who messed that up, Steam or Bethesda.

Either way, I'm not going to ask him to pay $70 for a pre-purchase when he had just spent $40 to gift me Sims 4 Horse Ranch expansion. My bd is coming up and he's been looking for something to get me. I still may end up with a better graphics card when he is done testing the one he ordered. It just won't happen on my bd, as usual. 

Starfield will be a Day One Game Pass release game (releasing on Sept 5th or 6th, I believe), so maybe ask for a Game Pass for PC sub? It's been so worth the cost, honestly. The catalog is really good and there are plenty of indies, too.

BIG PEEVE, though - games will leave Game Pass whenever their license is up, so you really need to keep up with the "Leaving Soon" tab. The service won't even alert you that the game is gone, either, so you'll try to launch something from your library and find out it's no longer included in the Game Pass catalog and you'd need to purchase outright to keep playing. 😡

Still, VERY worth. Saved me so much money and if I truly adore a game, I'll go ahead and buy it later on Steam after trying it out there first.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

From yesterday. I am posting this because: 1) I know it will vex and peeve some, and I like to give and contribute. 2) It will confirm the worst in some people's minds, see above about "give and contribute." 3) For me personally, it is the height of irony.

image.thumb.png.3939f2ec48992463243a7ec02b08e1b7.png

I have no idea where that is, let alone feel any vexing or peeving about it.  It's also rather blurred to me - is it post rate?  What does that tell us? :) 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Game Pass for PC - $9.99 per month. It's saved me an absolute fortune as so many of my wishlisted Steam games have shown up there and I got to play them for "free."

Thanks...think I need to take advantage of this 'free for a year' game pass offer..hope it's not too late.  Outside of some VR adventures the only games I've played were years ago...and only briefly (WOW, Everquest).

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

From yesterday. I am posting this because: 1) I know it will vex and peeve some, and I like to give and contribute. 2) It will confirm the worst in some people's minds, see above about "give and contribute." 3) For me personally, it is the height of irony.

image.thumb.png.3939f2ec48992463243a7ec02b08e1b7.png

Braggart.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Garnet Psaltery said:

I have no idea where that is, let alone feel any vexing or peeving about it.  It's also rather blurred to me - is it post rate?  What does that tell us? :) 

Note I said "some" in my accompanying text. If that doesn't apply to you or others, then it doesn't apply. 

46 minutes ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Starfield will be a Day One Game Pass release game (releasing on Sept 5th or 6th, I believe), so maybe ask for a Game Pass for PC sub? It's been so worth the cost, honestly. The catalog is really good and there are plenty of indies, too.

BIG PEEVE, though - games will leave Game Pass whenever their license is up, so you really need to keep up with the "Leaving Soon" tab. The service won't even alert you that the game is gone, either, so you'll try to launch something from your library and find out it's no longer included in the Game Pass catalog and you'd need to purchase outright to keep playing. 😡

Still, VERY worth. Saved me so much money and if I truly adore a game, I'll go ahead and buy it later on Steam after trying it out there first.

No, thank you. It took me years to even consider signing up for Steam. I don't have an Xbox anyway, can't afford one, don't have any interest in one.

I'm certainly not going to pay $10 a month for PC Game Pass either.

image.png.2182ed423cbd9768a9dbfc767718b7a4.png

• Like 1