Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

Nerd!!

Can't help it. Sometimes, funny things just hit me hard enough and I go through the entire cycle - light giggle, harder giggle, gigglesnort, full on laugh, guffaw, talk-laugh, tears start, cry-laugh, actual wheezing, hyena sounds, and eventually stop being able to make sound at all as I'm doubled over holding my stomach.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Istelathis said:

My brother used to gigglesnort, it would send the rest of us into a frenzy of laughter and resulted in others gigglesnorting as well.  (not me!) 

Lmao. Sometimes it's the dumbest thing that sets it off, too, so it's actually impossible to explain to people what's so damn funny.

I grabbed an animesh pole-dancing skeleton off the marketplace one night and dropped it into my living room and the animations just tickled me...omg...I am not even kidding when I say I was incapacitated for an entire half-hour. Just sitting here at the computer head down tears streaming making hyena sounds and snorting for 30 minutes. Every time I looked up at the screen, off I went again. It was funny but not THAT funny, but there I was.

How do you even begin to tell someone walking in on a scene like that what you're laughing at?! 😂🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Can't help it. Sometimes, funny things just hit me hard enough and I go through the entire cycle - light giggle, harder giggle, gigglesnort, full on laugh, guffaw, talk-laugh, tears start, cry-laugh, actual wheezing, hyena sounds, and eventually stop being able to make sound at all as I'm doubled over holding my stomach.

You don't pee yourself laughing? Or, did you leave that part out?

2 hours ago, Ayashe Ninetails said:

Add coughing in there as the source of not being able to breathe and you have me. 😁

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Arielle Popstar said:

I would see such a profile as that of someone wanting to be another's daddy ;)

He's roleplaying his own father giving him the business over being immature.

Protip: Quoting your dad doesn't make you a man.

On the other hand though, at least he's decided he doesn't like that aspect of himself, to the extent of projecting it onto others. Once he learns to deal with that part of himself and get through the denial phase, he'll make quite the gentleman, I'm sure.

The intent is there, at least. Just doesn't really do much good to point it at others, because when's the last time a lecture corrected grotesque behavior?

And yeah, it does feel like a secret ad. "Tired of childish men? Look at me!" XD

Aaaanyway, more coffee...

/analysis

Oh, and I think people act like fools on the internet because they can always log off if it all goes pear-shaped. Pushing the line towards pear-shapedness gives some people a thrill, and they know they are physically safe from retaliation, even if they get the whole grid mad at them.

No real consequences, nothing to deter the behavior.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

What kind of rich countries have people riding bikes on sidewalks/pavement, or even have paved roads in the first place?!  #FirstWorldProblems 

Peeve!

Having the ground all paved seems like a great idea until there's a whole city of pavement, steel and concrete absorbing sunlight and creating a heat island.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Silent Mistwalker said:

Well yes technically speaking it is all pavement. But how do you distinguish the area designated for pedestrians if you don't have a different name for it? People walk on pavement; cars drive on pavement. Which pavement is which? Hence my confusion. 😋🤭

Cars drive on the "road" (regardless of whether it's paved) unless they've made a serious miscalculation.
In the UK "pavement" can also be just "the path" for a lot of people.
I have some relatives over there and have visited many times.

It's pretty much the same as here in NZ, only people from the US here say "sidewalk".
We haven't adopted that level of US culture yet.

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, Persephone Emerald said:

And even if it's allergies instead of laughter, sneezing can do the same thing. It can be dangerous to sneeze with a full bladder.

Why yes, the pollen count has gone up the last day or two, thank you for asking.

Curses! Peeved again!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Cars drive on the "road" (regardless of whether it's paved) unless they've made a serious miscalculation.
In the UK "pavement" can also be just "the path" for a lot of people.
I have some relatives over there and have visited many times.

It's pretty much the same as here in NZ, only people from the US here say "sidewalk".
We haven't adopted that level of US culture yet.

Sometimes we call it the shoulder of the road when there is no paved sidewalk. 🤷‍♀️

• Like 1