4 hours ago, Luna Bliss said:

Personally I have found that people want everything to be free until they try to do it themselves and find out just how difficult it is!

And that, is a definite PET PEEVE of mine.

100 times this.
And you even forgot to mention: How time consuming it is.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Gabriele Graves said:

The sub was apparently controlled via a game controller, I wouldn't rule anything out about what this was used for.

I'm feeling sick to my stomach, this is not the kind of PR SL needs.

The irresponsible company will look bad. Not Second Life.

Would people blame MS Flight Simulator if Coconut Airways would use that software as part of the training program for their pilots or would they blame the airliner?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Ted McGregor said:

Peeve : Indecisive insecurity.

So I bought the Titan from MP. Do I need extra scuba gear or heavy armour ?  And ... just a small fact ... where in SL can I get the same hydraulic pressure as in RL ? ... :|

You just need to join my new Mermaid Submarine Engineer Support group for emergency coverage 🛠

Join fee: $L500,000 😎

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Rat Luv said:

You just need to join my new Mermaid Submarine Engineer Support group for emergency coverage 🛠

Join fee: $L500,000 😎

That's not a fee. That' s insurance. What subs do you use ? Titans from MP ? :P

I'd rather dive into Nowhere-land with the Beatles' Yellow Submarine.

Peeve : Crooked submarine-deals.

Edited by Ted McGregor
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Eddy Vortex said:

I googled "FOSS Evangelist" and got Steve Foss Ministries as top results. I wouldn't be able to figure out what Solar is alluding to.

Took me  bit of googling AND clicking various results to arrive at the most possible solution as the one Scylla kindly provided. Maybe I should've read on and hoped for that, but I take it as a TIL (today I learned... ;)) lesson. 

Acronyms generally not a pet peeve of mine, as you can learn interesting things while trying to figure out what's meant. Unless it's related to my actual work and people make up acronyms, insider acronyms, so to speak, without having a glossary or something. Means often a lot of additional time for puzzling it out or having to ask. And in the worst case, there's an actual non-insider acronym that would also make perfect sense in the given context, so you get it wrong without really having the chance of knowing... <-- a peeve

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Ted McGregor said:

Peeve : Crooked submarine-deals.

😮

Our mermaids are trained to the highest technical standards, thank you very much! And no, they don't use subs, they just swim underneath with their tools 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Rat Luv said:

😮

Our mermaids are trained to the highest technical standards, thank you very much! And no, they don't use subs, they just swim underneath with their tools 🙂

With 500 K fee I still feel like I'm the one being .. ahem .. screwed doubly here .. even if they carry monkey-wrenches with them. :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"OceanGate used a $350 online video game to help explorers simulate the experience of operating its doomed Titan submersible. "

Wat?

LBC is complete trash, I really wish media in general would just... be better. How the hell could nobody verify that SL does not cost $350?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:
5 hours ago, Scylla Rhiadra said:

"OceanGate used a $350 online video game to help explorers simulate the experience of operating its doomed Titan submersible. "

Wat?

LBC is complete trash, I really wish media in general would just... be better. How the hell could nobody verify that SL does not cost $350?

Interestingly, the Marketplace item is L$350. Maybe that's where the confusion came from?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

How the hell could nobody verify that SL does not cost $350?

All in all it is a lot more expensive of course.
Land fees, premium subscription, mesh bodies and heads, clothing, Sid's Belli Enhancements, shoes, hair, furniture, exchange fees ... and , and, and

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

All in all it is a lot more expensive of course.
Land fees, premium subscription, mesh bodies and heads, clothing, Sid's Belli Enhancements, shoes, hair, furniture, exchange fees ... and , and, and

I know, right?

Peeve: Only a billionaire could afford Second Life!