1 hour ago, Lindal Kidd said:

There's now a button in Marketplace Search to specifically exclude demos...no more juggling with prices.

Or is that not working for you guys?

That only works for demos that are tied to a regular product.  If the merchant does not tie the demo to the regular product, that tick box does not exclude them.

Then you have to do things like "NOT demo", but that only gets demos that have the exact single word 'demo' -- not Demo_blahblah, etc...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Er...but aren't all demos tied to a regular product? I mean, if there's only a demo and not a product, what good is the darn demo?

When you list a Demo in the MP, there is a box to check that links it directly to a regular product.  That link shows up on the right under the Buy icons:

image.png.0657a878b09bfd2dcafa4f9374b293a7.png

If it is not LINKED, which is against the listing rules, then there will not be a link there to click and it will not get filtered when you click the box to not show Demos.

That is why I previously mentioned that I hoped folks Flagged said items when they ran across them.

A demo NOT linked to the regular item:

image.png.4d7fa26ecabff98bef63b856a0cbf5ca.png

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...person.   You know the one.  They almost never have anything of value to post but feel the need to make snide comments and just be an altogether nasty person?  Yeah, them.  

Peeve along this line:  D&D'ers ( hear me out 😄)  

Those who add nothing to a thread.  They just vomit out a sentence or 2 hoping to get a negtive reaction from someone.  They just lay bait and wait.

Disrupt & Derail.  D&D'ers

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Peeve...person.   You know the one.  They almost never have anything of value to post but feel the need to make snide comments and just be an altogether nasty person?  Yeah, them.  

Yes, but someone whose first thought is to pee in the pudding must have a very unhappy life. Don't let it spoil yours.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

Peeve along this line:  D&D'ers

Tosses a D20 at you.

( hear me out 😄)

.. Oh.

Patpats.

• Haha 3

Just now, Rowan Amore said:

Me?? 

Lol, just kidding. 😄

Oh lemme add a quick peeve while I'm in here being a brat - having too many options. And too many sales. Sales lead to more options. I'm easily overwhelmed!

I'm in the middle of making a new avatar - way, way too many options.

Okay, back to the demo grind. ❤️

girl-silly.gif

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Yes, but someone whose first thought is to pee in the pudding must have a very unhappy life. Don't let it spoil yours.

They don't ruin mine at all.  I actually have them blocked but had to see.what was said to understand Lindal's post before she edited.   Mostly now when I see anything like that, this is what I think about those posters...

130441114_R-2022-11-20T141116_406.thumb.jpeg.89980007170f245a6f286f4c9a6c0090.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Rowan Amore said:

There is a difference being a cynic and being a bunghole.  That malcontent pissing on parades is not a cynic.

Edited by Eddy Vortex
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Peeve: I've been accused of being that person, directly, multiple times in the Forum. Luckily, I know you don't mean me! 

Of course I didn't mean you!

There's a big difference between silly, fun posts and just being outright mean and nasty for no reason.  I'm sure they'll be back to call us all dahlings, entitled or keyboard warriors.  Gets old.

• Like 4

I live in Europe, so naturally we don't have Thanksgiving and no long weekend coming up.
Now the peeve: Why on earth does commerce over here promote Black Friday since a few years as if it is a generation long tradition this side of the pond too? 
Ugh.... Thank you (but not really).

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

I live in Europe, so naturally we don't have Thanksgiving and no long weekend coming up.
Now the peeve: Why on earth does commerce over here promote Black Friday since a few years as if it is a generation long tradition this side of the pond too? 

I honestly don't understand the huge crowds that show up to the stores.. I mean you can do just as good shopping on line nowadays.. hehehe

If i could pick a day out of the year to go away, it would be that one and the wake that comes after it.. After a day of thanks, many are at their worst.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

Yeah .. looks like Europe is becoming a protectorate and our countries celebrates/promote crap like that although have nothing to do with european countries

The u.s propaganda and globalization machine is doing a good job.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Nick0678 said:

Yeah .. looks like Europe is becoming a protectorate and our countries celebrates/promote crap like that although have nothing to do with european countries

The u.s propaganda and globalization machine is doing a good job.

Yes and once we have total control you'll have to call me Momma..  Who's you Momma!?  hehehe

• Haha 2

I avoid Black Friday too, but it's pretty obvious why it's popular with stores. Christmas is four weeks away. It doesn't have anything to do with Thanksgiving or cultural propaganda. It's all about the money. It's about starting the final dash to get Christmas presents bought, wrapped, and mailed before December 25. Merchants love procrastinating shoppers. They're easy to whip into a frenzy of impulse buying.

• Like 4

Just now, Ceka Cianci said:

Yes and once we have total control you'll have to call me Momma..  Who's you Momma!?  hehehe

Hahaha you are momma. doll..

(*globalization has nothing to do with u.s citizens momma, it's all about the deep state, weapons industry etc & brought to you by Pfizer <3)

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

I avoid Black Friday too, but it's pretty obvious why it's popular with stores. Christmas is four weeks away. It doesn't have anything to do with Thanksgiving or cultural propaganda. It's all about the money. It's about starting the final dash to get Christmas presents bought, wrapped, and mailed before December 25. Merchants love procrastinating shoppers. They're easy to whip into a frenzy of impulse buying.

Remember back when people would damn near go to war for a Cabbage Patch Kid or a Teddy Ruxpin or somethin'? Things that would always be out of stock throughout the year, seemingly.

Black Friday sales have become so diluted, now you see fights over the dumbest stuff that's not even difficult to get! 

Sure, risk your existence for that $59.99 air fryer that was discounted to $49.99 three weeks ago why don't you. 😂

Holiday shopping is absolutely awful. I refuse to do it. Gift cards for everyone I don't even care.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Sid Nagy said:

Because they're all about the money. Same reason Christmas is advertised for like, 3 months in advance. Even the whole "Christmas In July Sale" thing, it's all just to get money.

As long as it gets them in on another marketing angle and into the cash flow, they don't care if it makes sense to anybody else. They could tick the whole world off and not care, as long as they can get someone, somewhere, to buy more.

Edited by PheebyKatz
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Peeve: When I can't tell from day to day or minute to minute what character someone is choosing to play.  This is especially hard when the avatar rarely changes.  If I make a mistake and interact with someone as an adult in the forums one day after they been roleplaying a child in other threads, I'd prefer not to get several half page rants and ARs complaining about how inappropriate I am or that I'm a perv, when the character in question doesn't say which they're playing at this moment.

I'm kinda peeved I'll have to block someone whose posts have mostly been positive and kind just to stay safe if they change their mind later and decide to change character midpost and trap someone.  It's sad.  I don't want my forum entertainment to get even smaller. ☹️

• Like 4

Peeve: When I can't tell from day to day or minute to minute what character someone is choosing to play.  This is especially hard when the avatar rarely changes.  If I make a mistake and interact with someone as an adult in the forums one day after they been roleplaying a child in other threads, I'd prefer not to get several half page rants and ARs complaining about how inappropriate I am or that I'm a perv, when the character in question doesn't say which they're playing at this moment.

I'm kinda peeved I'll have to block someone whose posts have mostly been positive and kind just to stay safe if they change their mind later and decide to change character midpost and trap someone.  It's sad.  I don't want my forum entertainment to get even smaller. ☹️

It's like that movie, "Split" (starring James McAvoy). Multiple personalities, but the person always looks the same!

32 minutes ago, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

If they present as a child inworld, then I deal with them as a child inworld.  However, I've always replied to everyone in the forums as if they are an Adult -- i.e. more as if I was replying to their RL self.  If they want to yell at me, so be it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1