The state of our US Postal Service is pathetic.  I have a prescription coming from Canada. It left Vancouver on April 12th and was processed at the Los Angeles CA Postal facility last Thur, April 14th (a full freakin week ago).  Per the Tracking History, it is still "in transit" to Colorado.  I could drive from LA to Denver and back again in a week's time.  No telling how much longer before they finally get it to me.  When it finally gets to Colorado, it will first have to process through the main Denver facility before coming to my local post office.  That means at least another 2-3 days, so Monday at the earliest, it seems.

I actually stopped ordering various other things from company's that ship via USPS because of their abysmal service.  Unfortunately, this is a very expensive prescription to buy in the States and I haven't found another good out of country place to get it yet.  The search is on for a replacement pharmacy though -- hopefully one that will ship through any shipping service besides the USPS.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Pet peeve: people who brag about their IQ or education.

You know, what is known as Emotional IQ is what actually leads to a more productive and fulfilling life.

Pet Peeve: Those recently bragging about high Intelligence Quotient (IQ) don't know this.

11 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

The state of our US Postal Service is pathetic.  I have a prescription coming from Canada. It left Vancouver on April 12th and was processed at the Los Angeles CA Postal facility last Thur, April 14th (a full freakin week ago).  Per the Tracking History, it is still "in transit" to Colorado.  I could drive from LA to Denver and back again in a week's time.  No telling how much longer before they finally get it to me.  When it finally gets to Colorado, it will first have to process through the main Denver facility before coming to my local post office.  That means at least another 2-3 days, so Monday at the earliest, it seems.

I actually stopped ordering various other things from company's that ship via USPS because of their abysmal service.  Unfortunately, this is a very expensive prescription to buy in the States and I haven't found another good out of country place to get it yet.  The search is on for a replacement pharmacy though -- hopefully one that will ship through any shipping service besides the USPS.

I'm having difficult with all delivery services. I've watched packages take whirlwind tours of the US on both UPS and FedEx, too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Pet peeve.  Holding my tongue and being an adult.  Adulting is no fun at all sometimes.

adult·ing

[əˈdəltiNG, ˈaˌdəltiNG]

NOUN

informal

the practice of behaving in a way characteristic of a responsible adult, especially the accomplishment of mundane but necessary tasks:

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

1 minute ago, Madelaine McMasters said:

...wonders if she's been using the Kelvin scale herself.

For myself I worry about those other scales, as they really indicate how successful one is in life.  And, unfortunately, the Intelligence Quotient (IQ), goes down as we age   :(   I think mine has slipped dramatically in recent years.

Pet Peeve:  It's a slow decline no matter how you slice it...

2 minutes ago, Luna Bliss said:

For myself I worry about those other scales, as they really indicate how successful one is in life.  And, unfortunately, the Intelligence Quotient (IQ), goes down as we age   :(   I think mine has slipped dramatically in recent years.

Pet Peeve:  It's a slow decline no matter how you slice it...

Along with my height.  I used to be 5'9".  I measured myself a few months back.  My son and I were comparing.  I've lost almost an inch.  That's why I need @Silent Mistwalker's Teeter!

Edited by Rowan Amore
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Along with my height.  I used to be 5'9".  I measured myself a few months back.  My son and I were comparing.  I've lost almost an inch.  That's why I need @Silent Mistwalker's Teeter!

Get it!    :)....    considering too

PET PEEVE:   Why don't we have a 'brain teeter' yet?   

Edited by Luna Bliss

No worries, while half of the world population has an IQ under 100, almost everybody thinks they are intelligent.
And age is weight in at an official IQ test.
But every x-years the IQ tests are standardized again, because the average has to stay on 100.
The tests tend to get a bit harder every time to keep the average at 100 points.
People as a whole seem to get smarter step by step.
But if one reads the comments on Twitter and Facebook .......

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

The thing that really peeves me to no end is how my own IQ has suffered with age.  It used to be so much easier to understand things than it is today.  I know part of that is because my kidneys are failing  and they are not doing the job they need to do to clean the blood supply to my brain.  I'm hoping that once I start dialysis I will see some improvement.  I really don't like feeling so confused.

• Like 1
  • Sad 9

21 minutes ago, Sid Nagy said:

No worries, while half of the world population has an IQ under 100, almost everybody thinks they are intelligent.
And age is weight in at an official IQ test.
But every x-years the IQ tests are standardized again, because the average has to stay on 100.
The tests tend to get a bit harder every time to keep the average at 100 points.
People as a whole seem to get smarter step by step.
But if one reads the comments on Twitter and Facebook .......

Ok, I will believe you because I want there to be hope after 50!
Wait, is this showing my lack of emotional intelligence, using my desires to alter the factual reality of cognitive decline? lol
Pet Peeve: Am I fooling myself, I don't know...  😉

Peeve: 4 of the 8 users I follow on the forums, have either left the forums or not posted in more than a year.  Good people, with a history of helpful posts, positivity, and support for others.  Guess it's past time to follow some new people who are positive influences, good role models, to make up for it!

• Like 3

Peeve of the Day:

My spam filter gets a dozen or two of these every day. Is anyone really stupid enough to click on these things?

Pour This Homemade Liquid In Your Ears To Stop Alzheimer's

Harvard: Deadly Breakfast Habit Accelerates Dementia by 82%..

Rub Your Teeth With This Leaf And Watch Them Instantly Whiten

Pour listerine on your feet...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Rolig Loon said:

Peeve of the Day:

My spam filter gets a dozen or two of these every day. Is anyone really stupid enough to click on these things?

Pour This Homemade Liquid In Your Ears To Stop Alzheimer's

Harvard: Deadly Breakfast Habit Accelerates Dementia by 82%..

Rub Your Teeth With This Leaf And Watch Them Instantly Whiten

Pour listerine on your feet...

...quickly pulls her feet out of the tub of Listerine and shakes her head "no".

• Haha 6