So, about 75% of my store got slammed with the Intellectual Property Policy...

Talula Shippe

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

...and I'm really not sure why.

There doesn't seem to be consistency across the board.  Most of my store is shapes and poses, and have no trademarks that infringe on copyrighted material.  I looked over the policy page and I'm trying my damndest to figure out what the common thread is, with the ones taken down; but I can't for the life of me figure it out.

Is there a contact at LL who can talk me through what happened, so that when I invest in uploading poses at least, I am not wasting my time?  If I'm doing something wrong in how they are marketed/captured for the ads, I want to fix that.  For instance, I have a wand pose set called "Immobulus" (might be a Universal/Harry Potter trademarked word?  I dunno!) that was removed yet my "Stupefy" pose set still remains listed.

About 90% of my shapes didn't make the cut, with only three remaining listed.  Was it keywords that relate to Harry Potter or something that the consumers themselves can't even see? I checked and no, the remaining listings also have the same keywords. 

So yeah, any advice would be appreciated.  With so many listings removed I'm going to have to rebuild the store.  But I want to make sure I do it right.

Edited by Talula Shippe
couple typos

Harry Potter words in the title, description and tags is likely to be your problem based on what you've said. Given that they're poses and shapes, chances are that the products are fine. Just make sure not to name them or market them in any way that's connected to current books, films, games and other franchises. That includes spell names, character names, actor names... just don't go there. Also remove words like that from the products that were left alone. You might just have gotten away with stupefy because it's also a pretty common word, but I would change it now before there's a problem.

You could contact support to see if there was more to it, though the Harry Potter connection is likely given they were wand poses and such.

• Like 3

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 549 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.