V2 crashed after updating to 2.7.1 and wont start again .

Lunav

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

V2 crashed after updating to 2.7.1 and wont start again ... it opens as a plain white screen and does not respond ... had for force quit the viewer . After finding help  here downloaded older version 2.6.9 .... after a while this version crashed too and did not respond again same like 2.7.1 .... so downloaded 2.6.8 and that crashed too and wont start again .... what should i do to fix this bug .... i am using mac book  version 10.6.6  2.1 GHz intel core 2 duo ... 

2 answers to this question

I too have a MacBook where the viewer crash with a white screen as you describe. The solution in my case is to restart the Mac. I have yet to figure out what is causing the crash. It could be that the graphics card overheats, since it takes down the whole computer, but I'm not sure of this.

I suggest you empty the cache folder at ~/Library/Caches/Secondlife (~ is your home folder) and move the ~/Library/Application Support/Secondlife folder to your desktop. You will have to change the settings in the viewer to your liking by doing this. (The folder contains all files for you avatar(s) - chat and IM logs - as well as settings for the viewer so you may want to hold on to it for a while. If and when things work as they should, you can delete the folder.) 

Hopefully, you will get the viewer working again after this.

- Luc -

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4690 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.