Viewer 2.7.1... doesn't work any more, not even on Windows XP !

Impero

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Greetings everyone!

Since the new Viewer 2.7.1 version has been released, I can't play SL anymore.

I read a lot of threads but none was refering to this issue, and my computer isn't the oldest between the SL fans.

If we take a look to "Minimum/Recommended Requirements" we can see that this game can work on a ancient

computer configuration. Then, my question is, why SL can't be played with this new version?

I reinstall the older version but once I opened the game the new version was installed automatically.

I have not made any changes to my computer, it's ok for SL to be played without any problem but it still doesn't want to work. How should I play this game again? I miss the old times when everything goes so wonderful...

Many Thanks for any bright and useful answer!

Actually, I found with kirstens  viewer, that the newer releases only worked with dual core  or newer pc's,

as for my linux pentium 4,  i cant get any sl viewer at all to work on it now.. lol

but yes, in my opinion i think LL should upgrade the specs page.

(edit..i have ubuntu linux, and upgraded from 10.10 to 11.04, and now SL won't open.. hmmm.)

Thank you LoveAngel! Honestly, I never saw that option in Preferences before, but I'm sure that will help me keep the older version still on. :)

...Yes! That helped LoveAngel! Thanks again!

Also, previous Phoenix View version work. The last one doesn't. 

As for Phoenix Firestorm, it act just like the SL Viewer. I'm getting the same error messages and the game does not start. 

Linden Lab should think that not everyone in this huge world have the latest type of computers, as long as this game is an interactive and international. So, Linden Lab People, when you create something do it for everyone! And, also, testing it before releasing!  

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4686 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.