On YouTube a video "Second Life Linden Dollars Generator Free Download" isn't that illegal?

barbi Turbo

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Pardon,but I only meant as to illegal as to the idea of a hack tool that seems to promise free $L & that SL should know about it if they don't already.Not the posting of the video.That since I couldn't find any existing info as to such on a search of the SL website.In no way was I intending to use or even download the "program" as to I would assume if true I'ld think it would for sure be illegal.At it ever right to to try to get "free" $L in such a way.& of course always "better safe than sorry."always right?Yeah.I don't spend my time looking for ways to break the law or even cheat anybody if anybody thought that."Why it would it be legal to get sormething like that for free when everyone else has to pay for or earn or maybe be given.I just thought it fair to try to be sure SL did know of such.All apoligies as appropriate & no insult to anyone's intelligence.All the best to all rightly always.   :matte-motes-grin:

5 answers to this question

Posting a video on youtube isn`t illegal, well unless its against youtube`s rules, that is outside of SL.

If you want to risk your computer by downloading something that is clearly from a hacker, again, not illegal, maybe stupid.

Assuming you get what you think you will get (which is HIGHLY unlikely) and you then used a hacking tool inside SL, guess who would get in trouble for it?

There is no such thing in RL or SL as free money :)

• Like 1

Those "free" Linden Dollars won't come out of nothing but whatever tool is used for it, it's most likely it steals the money from other people. So leave your fingers from it.

As for the video: It's only illegal if it's against the rules of YouTube or violates some law.

First, I know of no way that the money server can be tricked into giving you free L just by running a program on your machine.  Even if it faked the protocol to purchase L, the real cash would be deducted from a real account somewhere (and if it was from a stolen credit card, you'd be an easily found accessory to the crime). 

There is no free lunch or free L.  Everything costs something.  And if you were foolish enough to run this program, there is no telling what else it will make your computer do.  Perhaps this is simply the carrot someone is offering to put your computer on his botnet.  Most likely it'll add viruses and other malware and not even give you any L, as the feature will be "temporarily unavailable" when you run it.

Anybody offering you cheap L or free L is a criminal.  The only legal way to do that would be for them to buy L from the lab and then sell it to you at a discount.  But that would cost them lots and lots of money!  Do you go around looking for ways to throw away your money?  No?  Well, nobody else will either.  So either this is trying to get your credit card number for the cheap L, they are selling L with a stolen credit card, they are trying to put malware on your computer... or they will ask for your name and password so they can hijack your account.  None of these are good for you.

If it sounds too good to be true, then it is.

I think that it would just be nice if LL would offer free lindens on the main grid instead of on the beta grid where it's kind of pointless. Even the beta grid marketplace is not that great so those lindens just end up sitting there. Sure it's nice to be able to upload and test textures, mesh, builds or whatever but all in all those lindens are really wasted.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4696 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.