who is the oldest avatar (not a linden employee or alt of) that is still playing sl?

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

with the upcoming 8th birthday of sl.. my first thought was.. is there still a person from 2003 that is still actively playing?  i figure most of the ones left from the first year are employees of linden lab in someway at this point.  so if its possible.. i was curious if the public could know who is the oldest active member in sl.  as long as it is ok with that person for us to know of course.  im sure there could be a little lime light for them at one of the celebrations coming up. would be neat to know if they were a builder .. clothing maker.. dj.. land owner.. whatever it maybe.. what has kept them interested in the game so long?

I believe Steller is still active. And she will pay you 500L if you are able to climb her beanstalk (one of the first objects created in SL) successfully. Its very hard to do though, never seen anyone manage it.

Its in:-                Welsh (31, 82, 21) - General

if they stayed so long, there must be a reason, second life is an always interesting, always evolving world, new things created, new places, youll never gonna see it all, even if you spend 9 years like they are doing, new potential creators are coming every day and they may have a unique imagination.

many have gone, but many has survived every change and they are now as strong as a rock, and they are getting stronger the more they adapt and survive.

actually if i remember right it's the person that owns the land that stellar has her place at..

there was an older thread from the old forums where i had said stellar was..then this guy came on the thread..i can't for the life of me remember his name..but he was telling me it was him or it was this guy that owns the land he lived on..

so i started to look at the profiles and looked at where it shows on the profile if they are resident or linden and this guy had niether..it said something like server god or something like that..then looked at his picks to see this picture of a room full of servers..

i looked at his groups and i guess he owns the land that a lot of the first residents live on..it's been awhile since the thread so i am really not remembering much from it..but i remember the guy correcting me pretty good when i sadi stellar lol

then i thought.well maybe there was more than just residents back then  and stellar is just the oldest resident and this guy is the oldest other type person without a resident tag but still not a linden or resident..like a demigod resident or something LOL

i'm just waking up ..so barw with the rambling..things are very groggy in my memory banks at the moment lol :P

Ceka Cianci wrote:

actually if i remember right it's the person that owns the land that stellar has her place at..

there was an older thread from the old forums where i had said stellar was..then this guy came on the thread..i can't for the life of me remember his name..but he was telling me it was him or it was this guy that owns the land he lived on..

so i started to look at the profiles and looked at where it shows on the profile if they are resident or linden and this guy had niether..it said something like server god or something like that..then looked at his picks to see this picture of a room full of servers..

i looked at his groups and i guess he owns the land that a lot of the first residents live on..it's been awhile since the thread so i am really not remembering much from it..but i remember the guy correcting me pretty good when i sadi stellar lol

then i thought.well maybe there was more than just residents back then  and stellar is just the oldest resident and this guy is the oldest other type person without a resident tag but still not a linden or resident..like a demigod resident or something LOL

i'm just waking up ..so barw with the rambling..things are very groggy in my memory banks at the moment lol
:P

Fascinating. A prehistory. Something that took place so long ago the mists of time have shrouded it. As a student of history I really like this. I hope an historian (Deltango: are you reading?) sees this post and digs deeper. Demigods. Perhaps this might be a clue to the origin of so many of the old customs.

by looking on stellars profile and groups you should see the place she lives ..then the guy that owns that land..

the only reason i dug so deep back then was because things the person responded to me about were true and lining up with the profiles..

i don't know what titles they had back then..but he has an older start date than stellar and is not a linden..

by demigod i just meant inbetween resident and linden is all lol

ya he is something like that i think ..i had mentioned that to the person in the old thread when i had seen the different type of tag..

that he is the oldest non linden and that stellar is actually the oldest resident  or person with resident tag hehehe..

still it was neat to look into..i didn't know they had people other than residents who were not lindens before that thread =)

none of the owners of land linked from Stellers profile has an earlier rez date....  Tweke Underhill is a charter member, but only since '03 (and is probably the main of Typote Beck if the profile pic is any indication)

if you come across someone whose account type isn't Resident, Charter Member, or Beta Member then they are a Linden account... I can't remember which linden has "Server God" as an account type, but I do remember it. Philip has Ex Ordium for account type, there are a few others floating around if memory serves. all those special account types are Linden alts.

it had something to do with a group or something in there tying thier names together..i think he even had stellars name and pic in his picks ..i wish i could remember the name of this guy ..

as i said ..it was awhile ago and i'm not really clear on the details from back then..

i just remember someone showing up in the thread with someones name with an earlier rez date than hers..

i wish i could find the old thread so i can remember what all i  looked at..i can't remember if it was from her profile or his that they were tied together in some way in a group..i can't tell anything with this new web based profile stuff anymore..

but a i remember telling whoever it was that maybe stellar is the oldest resident and he is something else hehehe like just a builder or worked for them like a subbcontractor and got a special account.. lol

i'm just going off of that thread back then..i really don't know what all went on back before july 2006 hehehehe

i'll see if i can pinpoint his name and post it here so maybe one of you guys can say what he really is..

i know i would like to know  too hehehe

Ceka Cianci wrote:

it had something to do with a group or something in there tying thier names together..

could probably be found through "Early Beta Members" or one of the related groups....

IIRC Stellar has the oldest rez date because her account was imported first... that really all it amounted to.

@Del:

that list is clearly broken, I'm obviously an Archdaemon and not some lowly wraith.

• Lindens

My wife is still in SL. Ravenelle Feaver, rezdate of December 13, 2002. Although she mainly uses her Ravenelle Zugzwang account now. And what has got her interested lately? Why, the new graphical lighting + shadows eye candy, as shown on her Flickr stream! I always had a thing for older women... ;)

And yes, Steller Sunshine is still around. She's a living SLegend. Incidentally, her beanstalk appears on one of the new login screens, shown in a "fresh light". My way of tipping my hat in respect to these early creators:

5790280795_e8e1fb9308_b.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I remember meeting Torley at my plot in Mowry, long before Torley was a Linden. But given how widely travelled Torley has always been, I doubt that's all that much of a distinction... :smileyvery-happy:

I'll tell you what I'm happier to be able to note than a particular join/born date. The fact that SL is still here for me to come back to, even if the folks I spent the most time with appear to have moved on or (hopefully) happen to be on hiatus as I was.

And even if I don't see many of the same names on it*, I'm glad to see there's an official SL forum** with - good or ill - the same kind of threads, exchanges, learning and (unavoidably) bickering that I remember so well...

And no, I don't consider myself an oldbie. Go check the names on the monument to the Beta Residents, I'd consider them to be the true oldbies.

* Cybin Monde, OMG! Even with the old familiar av as a forum icon.

** "again" - I remember when the official ones I knew were shutdown, and I gather they've cycled since.

Edit: Oh, and I want all the time that I just spent reading the 2010 "oldbie" thread back so I can actually spend some time in-world this evening, dang it.

• 11 months later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2206 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.