LL partnering with Speedlight & PremPlus gets Speedlight benefits

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Just now, Sammy Huntsman said:

They can, they don't need premium plus to use the moblie viewer. They are just offering pp a deal for being part of premium plus and partnering with Speed Light. 

Yes but as has been stated by others, most don't feel it is a substitute that measures up to Lumiya even but by S/L  promoting Speedlight as a mobile viewer in P+, there is the general suspicion that the Lab is washing its hands off of developing suitable Mobile viewer.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, IGarrett said:

What I disagree about this is that you shouldn't be buying a membership with the mindset of getting more perks, and yes for the perks that you get with the membership right now.

The thing is that Premium is already in a good cost-benefit situation for many people, while the cost-benefit of Premium Plus it's only good for niche situations, so I understand why they need to focus on updating the perks of P+ more than Premium.

And also, not so long ago they decreased the price of buying a last name for Premium, so that means that they are still open to the idea of adding more perks for Premium as well.

Ok

• Like 2

i did try the "light" client, and i WILL give due credit to @Glaznah Gassner

the viewer itself is GREAT as a chat client, and Glaznah has been fantastic at answering users concerns on the SL forums.

however, i still prefer lumiya for the fact that it connects directly to LL and no third party servers are involved.  no time outs etc.

For me, I can see NO reason at all to prompt me to upgrade to "ploos" and i would certainly welcome some better input from @Patch Lindenhere.

My own views on premium and "ploos" have long been public:  Sl, provide 24/7 LIVE support including USA holidays when you have a worldwide user base, and people may consider staying premium, let alone upgrading to "ploos"

a small edit, and a BIG kudos to @Glaznah Gassner that the speedlight android app requests ZERO permissions, so that is certainly reassuring.  small note for the sensitive little "dahlings" on here, my phone and tablet use Lineage OS so have FAR better privacy controls than "normal" android.

Edited by belindacarson
notes added about the app permissions.

40 minutes ago, AmeliaJ08 said:

Does anyone have a video demonstration of this "advanced 3d world view"? I've seen Speedlight running but it was just a text client with a basic map, if they've added an actual 3D viewer feature that is interesting.

Screenshot_20221004-214712_SpeedLight.thumb.jpg.591976fe218dd448227056a32a1ce30a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Arielle Popstar said:

Do you see a walking anim when you move or just a static picture?

It's supposed to walk but the lag is horrible. You just stand there most of the time and when you can walk....well....good luck with the camera.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

I could care less about mobile access to SL.  Personally, I think SL is WAY overpriced on everything, and I've been here for 13 years.  Having to pay to have a last name??? Really??  And owning land??? Forget about it!  I find myself spending less and less time here, except that I've made some good friends and want to spend time with them. And what happened to the increased land and bigger houses you are PAYING for but not getting with Premium Plus???  If they can't give you the houses, they need to increase the linden allowance per week to cover for that money you've spent for nothing!!   I don't have $250 to throw away on this place unless the perks are MUCH better.  You are getting ripped off here.

Edited by VeeTach Littlething
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, IGarrett said:

I agree, and I think this can  be applied on everything.

When you have a perk for so long, there comes a time when you get used to a perk that it feels "natural" for you to have that perk, to a point where you can't even think on a situation where you don't have that perk anymore.

I'm trying to think what that perk is at the moment, because since the 37% price increase a couple of years ago, I can't think of one that has become second nature to me. I remember a bunch of chatter about how premium will be getting better and still waiting on that though. So there might have been a reason to hang on to it longer..

Sure they added a discount on last names..But they also took away the quarterly payments which many did use when PP+ was added.. That became even more of  a price increase for those that can't do the annual.

I dropped two of my premiums because of that move.

PP+ are getting more of the same for more money plus a few things  that we don't that are good for creators..

So, I don't see how they need more attention paid to them than premium. It's not like they are starting from scratch with nothing.. They started out with more from the start.

It's one thing to just go blindly into the night, it's another to be led into the night and then ditched in the dark.

So as I said before, if we end up getting ditched because of premium plus, then I'll stop doing premium. Not much will change..There won't be that moment where i go to reach for something and it not be there..

Premium had value at one time, but really kind of lost it for me with the price increases..Not seeing much value for me added since then and actually degraded more, I'll probably just not do it anyways come sub time..not unless they pull a rabbit out their hat and really deliver on that, premium getting better thing..

I know I don't notice it gone when I'm on my alts, so I probably won't on this one either..It's really not a big deal. some find value in it and some don't.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Before P+ was introduced, the Premium perks that I can remember being added were:

1. Extra groups slots.
2. 10% extra places for Premium members on all regions which really helped with shopping events.
3. Being able to change our names for a price.

If there were others, I cannot remember what they were.

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Before P+ was introduced, the Premium perks that I can remember being added were:

1. Extra groups slots.
2. 10% extra places for Premium members on all regions which really helped with shopping events.
3. Being able to change our names for a price.

If there were others, I cannot remember what they were.

Theoretically, Belli (and new areas like it) were a "perk".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Theoretically, Belli (and new areas like it) were a "perk".

Yes, you are quite correct of course.

So the list is:

1. Extra group slots.
3. The creation of Bellisseria and the new Linden Homes.
4. Being able to change our names for a price.

Edited by Gabriele Graves

23 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I really hope this wasn't the big news on the mobile front we have been promised since the end of LL's own mobile communicator project and SL19B.

Last I heard they cancelled it and I guess this was their replacement. I def wouldn't call this a kept promise.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

So the list is:

1. Extra group slots.

Did everyone get extra attachment "limits"?

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

Right again!!!  Ding, ding, ding.  The animesh one is especially important.

I should give up making lists, I clearly suck at it.

I've just got an ok memory. My point in helping add 2 things to your list so far is, maybe most people forget the perks (and/or didn't benefit that much), so almost no matter the # perks we end up with "yeah, but what did you do for me lately"?

• Thanks 1

Just now, Love Zhaoying said:

I've just got an ok memory. My point in helping add 2 things to your list so far is, maybe most people forget the perks (and/or didn't benefit that much), so almost no matter the # perks we end up with "yeah, but what did you do for me lately"?

Agreed and thank you :x

I think though that has been Ceka's point all along.  Is that going to stop now?  If so then there will be disappointment.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TimKoul said:

What Linden Lab basically did was put a viewer that's in alpha development as a "perk" for their Premium Plus package. As a company that's been in business for 20+ years, you'd think they would make better business decisions. 

It's a new value add, but it's not the lion's share of what Premium Plus is. Really, the drama is hysterical.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

These things are good to know.  I've never used the service, I would expect from the advertising that it was a cloud version of a full viewer but this doesn't seem anything like that.

13 hours ago, Qie Niangao said:

At first I was kinda excited by this, but I'd kinda forgotten what SpeedLight is, and realized I'd need to see how advanced this "Advanced 3D World View" has become. Logging in, I was reminded just how underwhelming it is. I mean, way less capable than Lumiya was, and if there have been advances in the year or so since I last tried it, they're pretty subtle.

When I first saw the Blog post, I was thinking of whatever that service was that really was running SL in a Browser -- full blown SL viewer client in a browser.  So, at first, I was somewhat excited.  Then I went to the SpeedLight website and remembered what it really was................ and lost my excitement.

*sigh*

• Like 5

If you're dumb enough to only join PP for speedlight gold, then you should probably have a sanity check.  The gifts they occasionally pass out to premium users have no value whatsoever and I'm pretty confident no one joins premium just for those either.  

People have signed up for PP who have no intention of utilizing ALL of the benefits yet they are there if they choose to.  Same with speedlight.  Some will use it, some won't.  It's not costing them more either way so what exactly is the big deal?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gabriele Graves said:

So the list is:

1. Extra group slots.

The 10 Group slots and I believe the 10% event entrance came right before the price increase. which was a month later..

We had linden homes, they gave us more linden homes, not really a new perk since we could still get a linden home.

They gave last names.. They take'th away last names, they give'th back for a price.. Mine was free before they took them away..

Then premium loses quarterly discount.

Someone else might see the value going on especially if they are newer..

I'm sure those getting it now might feel the deal in the value..

Some of us that have had it for years might just be feeling the price went up with really not feeling  the value added for the price.. that and some things pulled out.

The more I think about it the less I see a reason for keeping it for my account..For me it's like throwing money in the street at the moment.. maybe they will add something that draws me back.. We'll see.

Edited by Ceka Cianci
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For $250/yr, they better add better than this. That's all I'm saying. You want to attract people, not make them go, "wtf". And that's what a lot of people are saying. The forumites represent a sliver of the actual SL population.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 487 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.