LL partnering with Speedlight & PremPlus gets Speedlight benefits

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Sometimes it seems that people complain about P and PP perks because they / we have been P for so many years, it is a "what have you done for me lately?" situation. 

(And if they are sellers, others are feeling their profits tighten with all the different fees and changes. That doesn't apply to me, Lions don't sell.  We consume. Rawr!)

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Alwin Alcott said:

of course it's possible to make a joke about everything, but we'r talking about a 250 usd a year, ( or  around 400 usd in monthly subscription ) what is hanging on some vague promesses. I think some of the current subscribers will think twice before the renewal.

Thanks, I forgot it is USD $249/year for my Ploos.

That's...$20.75 a month. Not bad for something I use every day.

5 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Thank goodness we don't have VATs here (where I live, in my cave I mean, just BATs)!

Well VAT is very similar to an ad valorem tax, that you pay on your car tag , etc, similar but not the same.

Edited by Modulated
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Sometimes it seems that people complain about P and PP perks because they / we have been P for so many years, it is a "what have you done for me lately?" situation.

I agree, and I think this can  be applied on everything.

When you have a perk for so long, there comes a time when you get used to a perk that it feels "natural" for you to have that perk, to a point where you can't even think on a situation where you don't have that perk anymore.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

Wow. What a way to backtrack ungracefully. Glad you changed your mind though.

Didn't backtrack at all since I never mentioned the picture before but if you'd like to call it a win for yourself,  be my guest.   Everything else I've said, stands.  🙄

Edited by Rowan Amore

39 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

I don't care about the "value add", I care about the value.

The problem with Linden Lab is they say they are working on this or that and get people's hopes up and then either drop it completely or release something that's totally mediocre. And they suck at  communication. Over in the mobile, it was being discussed with Lindens about the direction of mobile and then it just abruptly stopped. And this....monstrosity....was released. So one can only assume this is all we get for mobile.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Didn't backtrack at all since I never mentioned the picture before but if you'd like to call it a win for yourself,  be my guest.   Everything else I've said, stands.  🙄

It's not going to kill you to agree with me. I can tell when I'm not liked. Which is fine. 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

The problem with Linden Lab is they say they are working on this or that and get people's hopes up and then either drop it completely or release something that's totally mediocre. And they suck at  communication. Over in the mobile, it was being discussed with Lindens about the direction of mobile and then it just abruptly stopped. And this....monstrosity....was released. So one can only assume this is all we get for mobile.

This monstrosity is not a LL project and is a project of another SL user.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, bigmoe Whitfield said:

This monstrosity is not a LL project and is a project of another SL user.

And LL made it part of their $250/yr membership plan instead of building their own mobile app.

Edited by TimKoul
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

If you are not P+, does this entice you at all?

No, I am not interested in playing SL on my phone for long periods of time.  I've streamed SL through moonlight on my phone, and it was pretty neat, but not really something I would want to do for extended periods of time.  Speedlight looks pretty cool, but I haven't used it so I am not sure how well the interface works for maneuvering around the world, or chatting.  The stick figures don't really bother me that much, as I usually just explore around in SL so I could ignore that.  

I did try Lumiya briefly, and I see comparisons between the two.  I wasn't all that impressed with Lumiya though, it just felt clunky from what I recall and my phone was not a powerhouse so it didn't perform very well.  I like games specifically designed for mobile devices on my phone though, I think the closest to SL I have tried was Avakin Life and that felt easier to maneuver around in; mostly because it was designed specifically for the phone.  Even then though, it was not really my thing.  I mostly like actual games on my phone. 

The price tag of P+ is out of range for my budget, it would take a lot more than speedlight to justify the expense, at least for my finances.  Not to say it isn't worth it for others, but with all of the other bills it starts to demand sacrifices to other entertainment expenses that I am not willing to take.  LL would have to really wow me to get me to put out that much money and speedlight just isn't going to do it for me.

• Like 2

Oh for ....

People beating their heads against a wall, looking for an excuse to gripe about the announcement ...

If you look at the images presented and actually believe that they're using them to show you a preview of what you're going to get, I have a bridge to sell to you as well - "gently used".

Not even the now dev dead Mobile Android TPV that gets constantly brought up outside of proper context had graphics remotely close to the image that was used in the announcement. Further it is blatantly clear that said image is part of a marketing presentation.

Sit down and stop looking for reasons to be upset.

As for Premium Plus only appealing to Creators and such .... I'm not one of those and I upgraded. Just for the extended group Slots and increased Stipend. The sink waiver on Image, Sound and Animation uploads being a nifty little bonus that will make me more likely to actually assign images to my Outfits now. The increased Tier? I have no interest in the Vehicular User Estate - I await an actual successor to Linden Homes.

I did not use all of the perks from the normal Premium Tier either - for the time being, even my finances allow for the upgrade, monthly of course as I can almost never justify an annual payment unless given no other option (sure it may cost me more as opposed to the lump sum but I actually need to have such things spread out so I can do other things).

• Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I dunno, my memory is..wait for it..that I wanted to support LL and Second Life? *shocking!*

But we do also get more L$ stipend too for Ploos, of course.. even us non-creators!

Interesting, that I don't recall Ploos that cost more than an extra $84/year. Meh, it's just money.

I am an "early adopter" this time around. 

OK, that's a fair answer and I was just curious.  I do think that does place you in a minority of more altruistically minded people though.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

It's also available for non PP members for 1990L/$10 mth.   

I don't get why people are getting mad. I mean Speed Light is a service and a company and has bills to pay. Like LL. I mean you can  use it for free, but only for a limited time. Again this isn't a bad thing at all, this is just LL using already created thing and partnering with them. Which I think it is another smart investment. If they choose to fully acquire it, that is up to now. But for now, those two are partnering. 

• Like 1

I did my first test in Speedlight for awhile, on my phone. 

I made sure to "pay" in case "not paying" restricted anything.

The 3D world never loaded, except the landscape (ground and Linden plants), even with phone on WiFi.  I swear it worked before.

So, I tried it on my PC (work PC, naughty me). It wasn't much better. (The representation was worse actually, wire frame.)

I definitely remember my home / building at least rezzing (being drawn) last time I tried it.

Anyway, will experiment some in non-working hours when I have the interest.

1 minute ago, Love Zhaoying said:

They just mad, like all the "wHy YoU mAd?" memes.

People mad.

I swear every time something like this happens, people freak out like the sky is falling. I mean the amount of misinformation that people are creating, to essentially get the masses afraid. Is ludicrous, I mean enough with torch and pitchforks. Just watch what happens, instead of thinking its some sort of apocalypse. Lol 

8 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

I swear every time something like this happens, people freak out like the sky is falling. I mean the amount of misinformation that people are creating, to essentially get the masses afraid. Is ludicrous, I mean enough with torch and pitchforks. Just watch what happens, instead of thinking its some sort of apocalypse. Lol 

It is the two years of promises and not following through that gets even the most saintly on edge. Maybe it doesn't matter to you whether there is a mobile viewer or not but to some it is the only way they can connect to S/L.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Sammy Huntsman said:

Nah, they're not really mad until profile pics start changing in protest, flouncing begins, etc. I joke but also mean it. See: recent shenanigans 3 times lately. 

3 minutes ago, Arielle Popstar said:

It is the two years of promises and not following through that gets even the most saintly on edge. Maybe it doesn't matter to you whether there is a mobile viewer or not but to some it is the only way they can connect to S/L.

They can, they don't need premium plus to use the moblie viewer. They are just offering pp a deal for being part of premium plus and partnering with Speed Light. 

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 514 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.