LL partnering with Speedlight & PremPlus gets Speedlight benefits

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

If you are already P+, will you use these benefits?  If you are not P+, does this entice you at all?

Additionally, Premium Plus members who use SpeedLight now get these benefits:
- unlimited online time at SpeedLight
- advanced 3D World view
- prioritised support (tickets and live chat)

Down the road, it might entice me a bit, but for right now I have backed off of SL time for a while.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell

Just now, LittleMe Jewell said:

Answering Yes to an OR question............... *smack*

I already use Speedlight, it's been awhile though. Since 99.9% of my time in-world is scripting, I won't have a reason to use it much unless I become more sociable again. I am interested in checking out the features and improvements since I last used it.

..sorry, did not see words "either", "or", "else"!!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I already use Speedlight, it's been awhile though. Since 99.9% of my time in-world is scripting, I won't have a reason to use it much unless I become more sociable again. I am interested in checking out the features and improvements since I last used it.

..sorry, did not see words "either", "or", "else"!!

😁

There was no specific 'either/or/else', but there were 2 opposing questions that can't both be answered Yes -- unless you have different answers for different alts.

4 minutes ago, Charalyne Blackwood said:

No mention of pricing until after it's installed and running.  That's a hard no

Pricing is here:  https://docs.speedlight.io/pricing  and some more info here:  https://docs.speedlight.io/free-time-limit  -- all via the Documentation link at the bottom of their main screen.

Though if you are P+, then you get unlimited time, so FREE

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
  • Thanks 2

I'm not P+ and no, I cannot see this tempting me to join up.  I don't know much about the service but relying on another company on top of LL to make sure you can use SL seems as though it could be problematic if it proves popular.  I can see how people who are already P+ might give it a go and could find it useful though and it might solve some of the problems of people who don't have a great PC for SL anyway.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

Pricing is here:  https://docs.speedlight.io/pricing  and some more info here:  https://docs.speedlight.io/free-time-limit  -- all via the Documentation link at the bottom of their main screen.

Though if you are P+, then you get unlimited time, so FREE

When I tried it before, it seemed mostly free then. But now that I'm ploos, it's ackshually free. Koul!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gabriele Graves said:

I'm not P+ and no, I cannot see this tempting me to join up.  I don't know much about the service but relying on another company on top of LL to make sure you can use SL seems as though it could be problematic if it proves popular.  I can see how people who are already P+ might give it a go and could find it useful though and it might solve some of the problems of people who don't have a great PC for SL anyway.

It works well on the phone, which is kinda the point although they buried the lede on that part.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If I had a SL business, Premium Plus as a whole seems like a thing I would benefit from. As a regular-degular consumer and user, though, I can't imagine why I'd need to hop on SL from my phone. All the people I'd immediately need to talk to when I'm out are on discord or are personal friends who have my phone number. My land is paid for by my Premium membership. And I don't breed Meeroos anymore, so no little critters need feeding. 

• Like 5

Imagine paying $200 only to look like a stick figure on mobile. Their 3D rendering is a joke. It's basically just a fancy text viewer. And Linden Labs ad for it is extremely misleading. Youre not an avatar on Speedlight, you're a stick figure with the most basic 3D rendering. It has serious issues rendering a mesh house. This whole feature is nothing more than a joke.

Edited by TimKoul
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

Imagine paying $200 only to look like a stick figure on mobile. Their 3D rendering is a joke. It's basically just a fancy text viewer. And Linden Labs ad for it is extremely misleading. Youre not an avatar on Speedlight, you're a stick figure with the most basic 3D rendering. It has serious issues rendering a mesh house. This whole feature is nothing more than a joke.

If you're logging on from your phone, it's probably not to go clubbing. I can see the use for the feature if you have a business and have to do customer service or load items into a Blogotex or pay out your staff - or play with permissions on your land or something.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

If you're logging on from your phone, it's probably not to go clubbing. I can see the use for the feature if you have a business and have to do customer service or load items into a Blogotex or pay out your staff - or play with permissions on your land or something.

You can do all that on a free Speedlight account. What bothers me is how LL portrayed the mobile version. It's far beyond false advertising. That's a whole lawsuit waiting to happen.

Edited by TimKoul
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

It's a photograph on an ad. Have fun biting into the pizza they use in TV commercials. 

It's the imagery they chose to use. Do you really expect them to use stupid little stick figures to sell a $200/yr subscription? Someone's going to cry foul about that.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blaise Glendevon said:

It's a photograph on an ad. Have fun biting into the pizza they use in TV commercials. 

Some people aren't grasping the fact that LL doesn't expect people to get PP just to get free gold access to Speedlight.  It's just an add on perk for those who might use it.  Otherwise, non PP user could easily pay around $9 a month, less than PP costs, and get it on their own.  I used it once when my computer was down and needed to pay rent.  The free version was quite handy for that.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 509 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.