Premium Plus subscribers now get extra benefits in the SpeedLight viewer!

Daniel Voyager

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

1 hour ago, Daniel Voyager said:

Premium Plus members who use SpeedLight now get these benefits:
- unlimited online time at SpeedLight
- advanced 3D World view

- prioritised support (tickets and live chat)

More details here 

Thanks for sharing this! I need to try Soeedlight again, it's been awhile.

57 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

Placing mobile behind a paywall is such a LL thing to do 🙄

Speedlight is a TPV.  Anyone has access to it and there have always been limits imposed by speedlight, not LL.  LL and Speedlight are now making it possible to have unlimited access if you already have a PP SL account.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Speedlight is a TPV.  Anyone has access to it and there have always been limits imposed by speedlight, not LL.  LL and Speedlight are now making it possible to have unlimited access if you already have a PP SL account.  

I am aware of the limits placed by Speedlight. But the unlimited access for PP users is not the smartest move or is it the most ideal. Very few people actually use the service and their 3D version, as I have heard, is very sub-par. Every 3rd party Viewer has been, until now, free to use (aside from some actual mobile apps that were built far better and included unlimited use anyways). So making mobile use (viewer fee not included) unlimited for a specific membership tier is a paywall. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

I am aware of the limits placed by Speedlight. But the unlimited access for PP users is not the smartest move or is it the most ideal. Very few people actually use the service and their 3D version, as I have heard, is very sub-par. Every 3rd party Viewer has been, until now, free to use (aside from some actual mobile apps that were built far better and included unlimited use anyways). So making mobile use (viewer fee not included) unlimited for a specific membership tier is a paywall. 

However, it's still basically free either way...from the website... The third option is PP...

You can use SpeedLight viewer for free, but the online time is limited. Once counter goes to zero, your avatar will be logged out.
How to extend time

You have three options:
    Just login your avatar back
    Purchase 1 hour for L$10.

Allowed online time

6 hours

Edited by Rowan Amore

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

However, it's still basically free either way...from the website... The third option is PP...

You can use SpeedLight viewer for free, but the online time is limited. Once counter goes to zero, your avatar will be logged out.
How to extend time

You have three options:
    Just login your avatar back
    Purchase 1 hour for L$10.

Allowed online time

6 hours

No other viewer does this. All others have a one time fee. The only reason this partnership exists is to give their crappy viewer a boost. You can't even access their sub-par 3D without being Gold or spending $200/yr for Premium Plus.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

Btw, you can access unlimited speedlight for 1990L/month without any premium membership whatsoever.

There's too many paywalls. People still prefer Lumiya and that's been defunct for years so if that doesn't speak volumns I don't know what will. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, TimKoul said:

@Rowan Amorewhy confused? Says right there on their Android app under Gold features.

Screenshot_20221004_204844.thumb.jpg.170cf12c55c076783e3e26734eecb302.jpg

Says what?  Nothing I didn't already mention?  Their Gold has always been a paid option.  LL is just making it a unpaid option for PP members.  Before, EVERYONE had to pay per month for unlimited online time.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 4:54 AM, TimKoul said:

The single thought process of people here is mind-blowing. If you think getting this for Premium Plus is a "feature", then I really have nothing else to say on the matter.

Screenshot_20221004-214712_SpeedLight.thumb.jpg.67bf4fd5698976e87b20d43cc37c11b9.jpg

The baseline in Speedlight is that you have to pay a subscription for extra features and unlimited time. This has been the case since Speedlight launched. The 3D view doesn't require a subscription, and the time-limit exists because it costs money for Speedlight to keep you logged in, unlike other viewers where your own device keeps you logged in. (Speedlight is not just a mobile viewer, it's a browser-based viewer where the login session is uninterrupted even if you switch devices.)

What has changed is that the subscription fee is now waived for Premium Plus accounts.

There is nothing negative about this. Nothing has been "put behind a paywall" by this announcement, the price of Speedlight or Premium Plus hasn't increased, no features have been removed from either platform, etc. It's literally just an extra thing that doesn't change anything for anyone who isn't PP.

Criticizing LL's branding of the partnership is valid since they make it seem like Speedlight is capable of displaying the world to the same level as a regular viewer (or individual avatars at all), when it's still in active development. As far as the "advanced 3D view" goes, the premium version doesn't look any different, it's the same as the free 3D view with the ability to touch and sit on objects. (details)

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 562 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.