n00b Here

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I've got a screenshot of exactly where to go to change that right here:

http://catnapkitty.wordpress.com/2010/08/08/getting-started-in-second-life/#Display_Names

Silly forums won't let me link an image, only upload it, or I'd just display the image straight out.

Besides I suspect the rest of that blog might be helpful to you as well.

ty ty ty! That makes me feel so welcome, koto Nizna! :) I'll try that next time I am next to high speed. Hopefully tomorrow. :)

I deleted my first account on accident. I tried reopening it but SL wants to charge me 10 dollars to reopen it. Do you think if I submitted a ticket explaing what happened, they'll reopen it and not charge me?

Not a chance... if you really want it back you'll need to pay, accident or not. They actually have a disclaimer when you go to delete an account stating as much, if I remember correctly.

If I were you, I'd consider how much you had invested in your first account, then judging by that, decide if it's indeed worth the expense.

Good luck either way... Dres

I'd just started it actually. With that being said, I won't bother trying to use that one. I'll just stick with this one. The only thing I regret, is not knowing where to go to get the cool fox skins when I was on the first account. I teleported to someone who showed me where they were but didn't think to look at the map after. All well, I'm sure there will be plenty of free skins and clothing to customize my avatar later on this account.

Tomorrow, I think I will try to customize her and make her look completely different. I was having a hard time with this before.

$10 is small change in the long run for SL.

Did you seriously prefer the old account's name over the new one though?

Had you invested a lot of money on inventory?

If no to either of these, just move on. Tell friends who you are now, and run with it.

But if yes to one or both of those questions, pay the $10 and consider it an oops moment.

If you're very new to SL, chances are its better to move on with a new name than recover the old one.

A little bit of an update for those who care: I had an AWESOME time in SL today. I had one minor incident when I teleported to a place I didn't mean to go. I got out of there quickly and got to where I meant to go and all was back to being well. :) I learned how to apply new looks to my avatar. I haven't really altered any of the clothing and such I got but have fiddled with it a little bit. Still have lots to learn but am now having fun while I do it. Thanks again all! :D

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4781 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.