Franks/Privé closed and gone ...

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

For those who enjoyed formal dancing at the amazing atmosphere at Franks/Privé, you'll probably know by now that it's gone from SL.

As of September 26, just vanished.

They sent a note card to a handful of their tenants and staff, but it's all gone. Club, beach, stores, rentals, etc.

Lots of sad people this morning. I'm devastated for the superb hosts and DJs and clientele.

I guess I'll see my usual dancing friends at Foxxies?

• Like 1

Again?  

I was never a fan of the place but still, its always sad to see an established venue close. You're all welcome at Club Noir - no DJs any more but doors are open 24/7, theres' a good jazz radio stream and some excellent dances.

And maybe someone will step in to take over at Franks, as happened last time.

Edited by Lewis Luminos
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Katherine Heartsong said:

I was there mainly for the amazing hosts (shout out to Mashi!!!) and some of the regular folks who could put up a good conversation.

I'll pop by, thanks for the invite!

Didn't the original Frank's owned by Nancee close a couple of years ago?  Isn't this one basically a rip-off of the original?  That was what I had read awhile back.  

• Like 3

I can not find any reference to Franks/Prive' in Search.  What was the slurl? What was the official name, since Search has no hits for this club.

This should not be confused with Frank's Elite, Frank's Jazz, Bogart's Jazz Club, and Sphynx Jazz, which are all alive and well.  Most of the replies here seem to be confusing the original Franks and the new Frank's clubs (owned by William Zeta),  with this offshoot club that closed, I think.

Edited by Jaylinbridges
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, Lewis Luminos said:

And maybe someone will step in to take over at Franks, as happened last time.

Or  maybe someone will step in and get Club Noir going again?  Don't even think about looking at me. I would rather eat a bug pie while sticking a fork into one of my eyeballs than EVER consider running a club. 

• Haha 4

35 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Human Only?!

Yep, they were famously anti-furry, anti-neko, anti-dinkie, and anti-anything nonhuman. I don't hang out at places where my friends aren't welcome. I haven't set foot back there since photographing for a meme a couple years ago.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Eddy Vortex said:

Yep, they were famously anti-furry, anti-neko, anti-dinkie, and anti-anything nonhuman. I don't hang out at places where my friends aren't welcome. I haven't set foot back there since photographing for a meme a couple years ago.

..that's one business model! May as well be "WHITES ONLY". Sorry not sorry.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

Well that sucks since I only went last Saturday and was planning on going back. The only thing that I didn't like and granted I was just there one time, is that they had all scripts disabled and their singles dances SUCKED. You couldn't use your own dances there which to me is a huge deal.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Sam1 Bellisserian said:

Well that sucks since I only went last Saturday and was planning on going back. The only thing that I didn't like and granted I was just there one time, is that they had all scripts disabled and their singles dances SUCKED. You couldn't use your own dances there which to me is a huge deal.

I put all my dances into the Firestorm built-in AO which doesn't use scripts or need them to be enabled to work, you could give that a try or did you mean their policy is that you cannot use your own dances?

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 2

I am well pleased to see it gone.  Being a Furry AV, I could never get in.  Yet I have a lot of friends who could.  I even worked for them for a short time when they tried opening a club "for everyone else."  I would be curious to know if there was a grave in-world somewhere I could dance on...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Animations don't require anything special to run. No scripts, no different viewers... you can just run them directly from your inventory. The other stuff is just to add a shiny interface to it, but isn't essential. (I never went to this place, but it's handy to know if you hit the issue in the future.)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Polenth Yue said:

Animations don't require anything special to run. No scripts, no different viewers... you can just run them directly from your inventory. The other stuff is just to add a shiny interface to it, but isn't essential. (I never went to this place, but it's handy to know if you hit the issue in the future.)

Generally you are right of course.  Some dance sets though are designed to flow from one dance to the next so some kind of AO with the ability to change the play interval is necessary if you want to preserve that effect.

Wow I didn't realise the one that closed was an actual rip-off, and not the original one (that Nancee sold). I just read that Flickr post and - wow. Good riddance to it. I take back what I said about being sad that a long-established venue has closed. Not sad at all, now.

As far as I know, though, the original Franks also bans furries and other non-human avatars.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Hi!  I'm the poster of that flickr post, Lia Aries :D

Yeah Lewis.  William always said in his posts and marketing that his "Franks" was the original.  It never was.  William Batsons "Franks Jazz Club" actually opened a little over two years ago when Nancee Sinatra closed the ORIGINAL two franks clubs of Franks Jazz and Franks Elite. 

2 days later...William opened his copy, Nancee Sinatra teleported in and started screaming abuse at him on voice.  She was banned.  Three weeks later, William Zeta (totally different william) re-opened the true original Franks Jazz, Franks Elite and Bogarts with Nancee's blessing on the original regions that Nancee owned. 

The Zeta ran Franks Jazz is the original.  Batsons never was.

Now, on the subject of old Prive/Franks regulars, there is a new group opened up for folks of the club, its called "ex-prive" search for it on SL Group search and join it, there is a couple of places opened up (one of them called "Frankies") where a lot of the old regulars, and old banned regulars like The Charlies Angels, are now going to.

Edited by Liandra Aries
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

*~ CLUB PRIVATE ~* was ultimately a corrupt controlled dutch speaking mafia clan. Anyone who did not fit into that picture was expertly banned. Indeed, Club Prive's eventual name change reflected the completely internal takeover of some power-hungry blown-up SL leaves that drove many people away from Nancee's Franks from the very beginning. The entire dutch clan is now settled in the FogBound Blues dance tent. Hopefully they don't bend things to their will and chase everyone out!

• Confused 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 437 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.