Sign in to follow this  
Jo Yardley

Getting around - Show us your wheels!

I love my dixi car but living in a big city sometimes the traffic just gets too much;

5895896744_0294e4e153_z.jpg

So that is when I take another one of my favourite vehicles is the train, here we are about to depart from Alexanderplatz station, third class ticket of course...

5895344413_d3d5fd4da2_z.jpg

MochaWheels_001.jpg

At my gas station / vehicle rezzing spot in Honawan (split lot - one on road and one on water, for cars and boats - open to anyone to rez and go).

That big train-like motorcycle behind Mocha, the 'Steamercycle' is the smoothest ride I've bought yet in SL, so I bought it a couple times for my alts. Only 20L to. The maker makes that, and a bunch of plane/sub hybrid vehicles. All super low priced.

- Well worth getting. His planes/subs are just as smooth to ride in.

Being working class I can't afford myself some fancy car most of the time, so I get around on this lovely safety bicycle, model 1885.

Snapshot_001.jpg

I love getting to take nice drives in SL:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:. In fact, most of the money I've invested into SL has gone to cars to be honest:smileyvery-happy:. I've lost count at this point. So I can't post all of them. But I can post a few. Here's one I've had for a while. I love the classic look and feel of the car, and it's great for taking relaxing drives^_^. I really like classic cars. More so than most modern ones. So when I find a classic car in SL that has a nice classic look and feel to it or looks the way the car does in real life, I buy it^_^. This car is also very easy to drive and handle, making it a good choice for SL drivers of all skill levels.1961TriumphTR3.png

No problem:matte-motes-bashful-cute-2:. I love the Oldsmobile in your picture^_^. I don't think I've ever seen one of those in SL before. It looks great:matte-motes-smile:

The last picture I uploaded was of one of the cars I bought in the marketplace, so here's a custom one I had made^_^. You can't really find any cartoon looking cars in SL, so I commissioned my friend, Aquila Kytori, to make one:matte-motes-smitten:. My friend even surprised me by addeding a picture of Sonia Strumm on each of the doors^_^. And the car drives really well too:matte-motes-smile:.

ElseyKelly_001.png