Griefer rezzed a particle scripted object and it can't be disabled or returned by estate managers!

Carlisle Fairlock

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Okay, this jerk landed on my sim this morning and rezzed a particle poofer, the lag is insane and the sim has crashed several times (Yes I know particles are supposed to cause trouble only on the client end, but the sim has crashed multiple times and we've NEVER had a problem before this).

As an estate manager I can't return or disable the object through the Region/Estate tab OR the About Land tab. I tried submitting a rollback request five times but the website won't let me (Hello, LL? Yeah... if you consider an option to be "invalid" don't put it on your dropdown menu, okay? Thanks.) and I've even tried IMing random Lindens I can find online, to no avail. They're not listening.

Has ANYONE encountered this before? I've been a region/estate manager for well over a year at multiple sims and never have I run into a situation where I couldn't return an object! I'm about at the end of my rope, as are the ladies whose stores have been inaccessible all day because of this situation.

ETA None of the estate tools work on this object. Returning and disabling fail. I know the name - tjrpas resident. The particle source beacon points to the object I already know is there, but I just can't do anything about it.

5 answers to this question

Hi  I just had a griefer yesterday rez balls on my property that  took all of my available prims up and reproduced as i returned them .Very frustrating so i had the sim manager return then not sure how he did it but it took some time.

I filed a Abuse Report with LL but have not heard back form them.yet .

I,m wondering if the 2 incedents are related Is this a new threat to the community?

THe objects were no modify and carried the name BULLET and in description was put **bleep** YOU

sorry for language hope yoe resolve your issue also

The problem may be that you are not dealing with a simple particle bomb but with a temp rez object that is self replicating. In the time it takes you to return one object, it has spawned another and the one you meant to return has winked out of existence.  It could be difficult to find the rezzer if each new one is spawned at a different spot than the last one. 

To help find the particle source quickly, use your Beacons.  Type CTRL + Shift + Alt + N and select Particle Sources, deselecting all other options.  All particle sources should be highlighted in red.  That will make them easier to spot, select, and return.  If you can get the name of the owner, you ought to also be able to use the option in your Estate/Region tool to return all objects owned by that person.

I can't help with current issue but to prevent any further instances you might want to change land settings:

1. Right click the land, select "About Land", and then select the "Options Tab".
2. Do NOT place a checkmark in the "Edit Terrain" checkbox.
3. For "Create Objects", do NOT place a checkmark in "All Residents", but DO place a checkmark in "Group".
4. For "Object Entry", do NOT place a checkmark in "All Residents", but DO place a checkmark in "Group".
5. For "Run Scripts", do not place a checkmark in "All Residents", and do place a checkmark in "Group".
6. For "Restrict Pushing", DO place a checkmark in the checkbox.

The first thing you need to do is DISABLE SCRIPTS in the estate tools.  That'll prevent it from replicating or moving or spamming or whatever.

Next, see who owns the device by finding one and going to Edit.  Write the name down and be sure to file an abuse report (for all the good that does.)

Finally, using the estate tools, find ALL the objects owned by that name.  Select the first on the list and then all by that person by holding the Shift key and pressing the last on the list as well.  Return them all to the owner.  Repeat a couple of times to ensure you've gotten them all.  Then you can reenable scripts.

What you describe sounds like Prizm as well as poofers.  Prism is a bunch of madly spinning and wildly changing textures on megaprims up in the air.  But the entire thing is transparent, so you cannot see it.  But the poor viewer is trying to download the textures over and over again and cannot keep up with all the wild changes in the Prizm, so the viewer lags very badly.  Fortunately getting rid of all the griefer items by this guy will get every "lulz" item he left; not just the poofers.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4694 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.