[MAH] Bento Wolf female - clothes and whatnot

Ishbacko

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

I recently purchased the aforementioned avatar, and I'd like to try out more clothes for it, but as with any avatar, usually clothes have to be custom made and it doesn't seem like there are any outside of the small bits of clothes they added into the box itself. Don't really feel like wasting lindens on clothes that I'll never use because they won't fit, y'know? I'm also in need of some hair that isn't rigged so I can resize it to fit the massive head the gal has, the hairs I have are weird in that trying to resize them only causes some underlying object to get resized, not the whole thing

(If this doesn't fit here and it DOES fit under the avatar forum section, feel free to move it there, I just wasn't sure if it did or not)

8 minutes ago, Ishbacko said:

I recently purchased the aforementioned avatar, and I'd like to try out more clothes for it, but as with any avatar, usually clothes have to be custom made and it doesn't seem like there are any outside of the small bits of clothes they added into the box itself. Don't really feel like wasting lindens on clothes that I'll never use because they won't fit, y'know? I'm also in need of some hair that isn't rigged so I can resize it to fit the massive head the gal has, the hairs I have are weird in that trying to resize them only causes some underlying object to get resized, not the whole thing

(If this doesn't fit here and it DOES fit under the avatar forum section, feel free to move it there, I just wasn't sure if it did or not)

I can't be any help at all with regard to clothing, but I'm sure there are some who do furries who will be along to assist.

There are lots of makers of hair, however, who produce unrigged styles with resizers. Usually, although not always, these are for shorter styles. DP Yumyum and Tram are two that you might try.

3 hours ago, Ishbacko said:

...the hairs I have are weird in that trying to resize them only causes some underlying object to get resized, not the whole thing

That's what it looks like if you try to modify rigged mesh; it cannot be resized or moved even though it looks like you can. It can be resized if rezzed on the ground but snaps to rigged size again when you wear it. It might have a central, unrigged prim which you are seing being resized, many do. You need unrigged hair.

Yep, furry clothing is a pain if it's a custom body. The advert says the body isn't modified apart from hands and feet. Maybe it will fit the old style 'standard size' mesh clothing that comes in five sizes. It's always worth trying anything; you never know. My male Jomo werewolf fits Aesthetic clothing very well, for instance (lucky me I have Aesthetic too). Just get lots of demos and try them out before spending money.

You might have to get used to rezzing the body and modifying the underlying 'skin' texture, manually making parts transparent so it doesn't clip through the clothing and reuploading the modified texture. The preset alpha areas rarely suffice. That's another thing I've done with several bodies. At least furry stuff usually has mod perms (everything should have IMO!) I notice the advert for that body says all textures are included in the pack, so you can mod them.

It'a always best to check out what sort of 3rd party support a product has, like clothing, and making sure it's sufficient before dropping L$ on it. (Everything is easy in retrospect.)

Edited by Rick Daylight
Spelling - no spell chicker here
  • Like 1

If you do a search for Jomo on the MP ypu'll get a handful of results but check them before buying, some are for the dragon/fox/tiger etc, not necessarily the wolf. I'd be surprised if there's more than a couple of hundred things in the whole of SL for those bodies. I have the lion and only wear it to places where I'm allowed to be naked.

The avatar isn't designed to be worn with extra hair, it has its own "mane". You can alpha out the mane though (I think with the hud but if not, you can rez it on the ground and use the edit menu), and you may get better results that way. You'll still need unrigged hair, which limits you to short hair only.

10 hours ago, Maitimo said:

If you do a search for Jomo on the MP ypu'll get a handful of results but check them before buying, some are for the dragon/fox/tiger etc, not necessarily the wolf. I'd be surprised if there's more than a couple of hundred things in the whole of SL for those bodies. I have the lion and only wear it to places where I'm allowed to be naked.

The avatar isn't designed to be worn with extra hair, it has its own "mane". You can alpha out the mane though (I think with the hud but if not, you can rez it on the ground and use the edit menu), and you may get better results that way. You'll still need unrigged hair, which limits you to short hair only.

I'm not at all talking about jomo avatars o.o the previous response mentioned them in passing as an example of coincidence, and that I should try demos out and see what does and doesn't fit my MAH bento avatar before buying anything

4 hours ago, Ishbacko said:

I'm not at all talking about jomo avatars o.o the previous response mentioned them in passing as an example of coincidence, and that I should try demos out and see what does and doesn't fit my MAH bento avatar before buying anything

What on earth is a MAH bento avatar? I've never even heard of it.

Presumably there's even less clothing for it than there is for the Jomo. Maybe even zero.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 573 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.