[TIP] How to change forum view, sort, and other board options

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

• Lindens

You may know that you can change a variety of options in your community.secondlife.com Preferences, but some of those features are also presented more upfront.

For example, when viewing any specific board, click Board Options. If you want to change from "threaded" to "flat" view, click Linear Format. Or click List by Topics to go back to threaded.

What I fancy is being able to show newest posts instead of newest-started threads. To do this, click Sort by Latest Post Date, as shown here:

Your Avatar - Second Life.png

At the bottom is an Edit My Preferences link that takes you to the preferences I mentioned.

Do you have any other fave forum tips that may not be the most obvious but more of your fellow Residents should know about? Share 'em here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Lindens

@Kolby Yayzerama! I see you're at 240 now.

@Rabid One thing you can do is within a thread, choose Topic Options > Float this Topic to the Top so it's more findable. Alternatively, you can Bookmark threads from the same menu, or when you're making a post, check Email me when someone replies on the right-hand side to be notified of updates.

@Zippity Yes! Good to know.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4560 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.