Are you decorating for Halloween in Second Life?

Gopi Passiflora

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

On 9/25/2022 at 8:47 AM, Sid Nagy said:

As I mentioned earlier on, Halloween isn't a thingy in my country, so I normally do not decorate for that event, neither in RL or SL.
But I found those nice (cheap) items at several events like the 60L$ weekend and a few others.
And now magically a few palm trees start to disappear at my beach house parcel and.... spooky.  👻

651647.jpg

🙊

I have a Dutch friend in-world who is very big on festive holidays -- and they don't have to be ones he'd normally celebrate.

Back a few years ago, when I was renting a tropical island with three other girls with whom he was also friends, he bought a "haunted ship," draped with corpses and skeletons hanging from the rigging, which one of my island mates gave him permission to moor at our island -- and, in practice, right next to my little boathouse abode.

For a month and a half, I faced leering, grinning death's heads a half dozen meters away every time I looked out my window.

I hate Halloween.  😡

I like to think of the autumn season as more a "Harvest feast". 😊

Fall, autumn has been my favorite time of the year for 40 years. I have had some halloween decor before, skeletons, bats and all. But the most Halloween looking one was up in a skybox. I don't do so much on the ground.

This year it is pumpkins and more pumpkins. And red, brown and yellow trees.

Even if Halloween is new in my country, we were happily participating when all in the neighborhood had kids in the right age for Trick and treat. (RL)

One year we cut down two small trees from behind the house, from a copse there. I placed one on each side of the door and hung them with false spiderwebs and lots of plastic spiders. I stretched some over the door too, so visitors had to walk under an "awning" of spiderweb. Ah, those were the times!

36 minutes ago, Marianne Little said:

I like to think of the autumn season as more a "Harvest feast". 😊

That's where it all stops making sense for us in the southern hemisphere as it is spring here now.  It's worse for Christmas, we get displays, cards, biscuit tins, chocolate boxes,, etc. with lovely snow landscapes depicting carol singers all wrapped up against the cold under amber lights and yet we spending our days on the beach trying to keep cool under sun shades in high temps.

It's not that we are all grumps over here, it's just all messed up for us really.

Edited by Gabriele Graves
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gabriele Graves said:

That's where it all stops making sense for us in the southern hemisphere as it is spring here now.  It's worse for Christmas, we get displays, cards, biscuit tins, chocolate boxes,, etc. with lovely snow landscapes depicting carol singers all wrapped up against the cold under amber lights and yet we spending our days on the beach trying to keep cool under sun shades in high temps.

It's not that we are all grumps over here, it's just all messed up for us really.

I understand that. I never really think about it, it is the northen hemisphere that has invented all the holidays.

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 558 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.