Oh Em Gee! Totally Unofficial Thankful and Grateful Thread! Share your smiles Yes! SL SMILES!

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Da5id Weatherwax said:

Thats a REAL interesting take on Queen Mab's habit of turning folks to stone and arranging them in her garden :)

(it is usually a bad idea to peeve the queen of the unseelie court)

Different court. Not Unseelie, not Seelie, Disunseelie.

Gardens invite weeds and I like to keep my peeps with me.

Edited by Madelaine McMasters
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I love taking SL photos. They allow me to flex my creativity muscles. I was devastated in many ways when my old gaming desktop died (dramatically!) and finances only allowed me a very moderate laptop, with an Intel graphics card. :takes a moment of silence to mourn previous Nvidia card:

I was so concerned I wouldn't even be able to run SL on this laptop, and I've been surprised at how well it does do inworld. As good as the desktop? No way. But not "stick figures in black and white" either.

I have even started to test the limits with some photography in SL. So far short draw distances, easy on the depth of field, but I'm getting some decent results. I'm sooooo happy about that. The latest shots are in the adult section—short draw distance on portraits. :D

Also amazed & grateful that while Black Dragon is shooting warnings about how it won't run with Intel graphics cards even before I log in with it, it is doing ok! (Still on FS for daily out and about.)

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 5

While searching for a youtube I saved somewhere for future viewing I found something else. My youtube "inventory" is about as messy as my SL inventory, and so things get put in there and lost/forgotten.

Today I found this, by Ever Dreamscape. Ever was a much beloved member of this forum community and inworld in Bay City. She had a delightful sense of humor, whimsy, and intelligence. She also had a tendency to blow things up inworld. :) She is greatly missed. What a surprise it was when I first learned she had created this for me. I'm grateful for the lovely surprise of rediscovering it today. There was a running gag at the time, I forget the particulars, but I was "missing" (on another of my on/offs with both the forums and SL, for "reasons"). At 7:50 in, the photo on the screen and the one that keeps appearing, is my profile photo at the time. :)

I don't know when this was made, but my guess is 2011-ish.

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 4

What Love said about there being no pressure and being able to sleep on it (paraphrasing cuz need coffee) rang a bell, and what Gabriele said about Firestorm rang a bell.  So those two things I am grateful for too.  Plus, cats.  Yes, cats.  Many of my friends in SL are cats too.  No, we are not tall furries.  We are purries, little small cats like a house cat.  We are called Dinkies.  Some may never understand why we are cats in SL but perhaps it revolves around that no pressure thing.  We can just talk and there is no pressure.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4

6 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

What Love said about there being no pressure and being able to sleep on it (paraphrasing cuz need coffee) rang a bell, and what Gabriele said about Firestorm rang a bell.  So those two things I am grateful for too.  Plus, cats.  Yes, cats.  Many of my friends in SL are cats too.  No, we are not tall furries.  We are purries, little small cats like a house cat.  We are called Dinkies.  Some may never understand why we are cats in SL but perhaps it revolves around that no pressure thing.  We can just talk and there is no pressure.  

I'm thinking of roaming as a Dinkie... hmm... 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I think that the forums can survive having two positive threads.  I'm gonna still post updates about my kidney disease in that other thread, the Pet Delights one, since it's a grandfather'd thread and so allows RL delights (note: I'm assuming that my updates will continue to be about improvements to my poor kidneys functioning).  If I'm wrong, then there's still the peeve thread, but I'm hoping. 

But there's plenty of positive things in SL that I can post here. Like so many others have mentioned, one of the things in SL I like best are the people I've met here. 

Edited by kali Wylder
needed a comma
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, EliseAnne85 said:

No pressure is just the way I feel when I put on my Dinkie av.  So adorable and nobody hits on you when you're a Dinkie. 

• Like 5

Nice thread topic Seicher!

I'm so thankful for sl because this is where I met my sl hubby who is going to be rl hubby. Wasn't looking for a relationship, but the whole soulmate thing found me. I'll be forever grateful for that.

I'm so thankful for my sl Zooby daughter Wednesday/Verity (her name depends on which account I'm logged into that day). She has brightened up my sl since 2016.

Recently Zooby released animesh cats! Hubby and I both adopted one each. Tuxedo kittens. They are so sweet. They have clothes for them so I get to shop for them along with my daughter. I love them!

I'm thankful for the people on these forums. The person who made this topic is pretty great from what I can see! :)

I'm grateful that what is written here by many bring me to smiles or even giggles at times. Some have brought inspiration, thought and at times even positive change to the way I see both worlds.

You all enrich my existence.

Edited by Dafadilia Wayfarer
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Happy that there's a new body out that I actually like, and that the creator offered a wonderful discount for the owners of her previous body line.

Cleared off my entire mainland parcel last night right before I went to bed after hours of going back and forth about if I really wanted to do that or not.  I was glad that when I logged on today I was feeling optimistic and looking forward to re-doing the parcel. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Persephone Emerald said:

I got my laptop back from the shop today. 😃

Those 5 or 6 keys still don't work, but it has a new battery that's less likely to explode or leak. 

What!? And you find that an acceptable repair job?

I can mow half your lawn, but charge you full price, right?

• Haha 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 510 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.