Linked Products in Inventory

SkyStunner Bunny

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi! I am moving lands and linked a bunch of products and hit "take" so they went to my inventory. What folder do they go in? I did it for multiple sets and cant seem to find them. I am also wondering if anyone knows an easy way to box up all objects on a land to transport to another? I love decorating but want to be able to save my designs. 

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

10 hours ago, SkyStunner Bunny said:

Hi! I am moving lands and linked a bunch of products and hit "take" so they went to my inventory. What folder do they go in? I did it for multiple sets and cant seem to find them. I am also wondering if anyone knows an easy way to box up all objects on a land to transport to another? I love decorating but want to be able to save my designs. 

Thanks!

Typically objects go back where they came from, but often new coalesced groups will go into the Objects folder.  They will look like a groups of blocks, rather than the single block for a normal object and the group will be named by whichever item was selected last.  If you still can't find them, use the Recents tab.

If you want to box up a group of items and later put them down, say in the same 'relative' position to a house, the easiest way is to group things by room.  I first rez a box and name it for the room - and then position it in one specific corner of the room - be sure to note which corner.  Then I select everything in the room, selecting my box last and Take that.  Repeat for each room.  When you get to your new land and rez your house.  Start putting the coalesced groups out by rezzing them into the same corner of the house.  If you have the edit window open before you rez the group of items, everything will be selected and you can just make little adjustments to the box location until everything looks to be lined up right.

Edited by LittleMe Jewell
spelling
  • Like 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 584 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.