Jump to content

[Redacted] Banned from a club


Recommended Posts

i went over at [a music club]

i was in the middle of  fixing my surround sound on my pc and the whole club was spamming me and then they ban me for no reason

how can i  have them reported for spammign somebody for not doing nothing to none of them it bs

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, babyd Abbot said:

they ban me for no reason

Of course there was a reason

14 minutes ago, babyd Abbot said:

how can i  have them reported for spammign somebody for not doing nothing to none of them it bs

You can't.  Well,.you can try but owners or their representatives can eject/ ban for whatever reason they choose or no reason at all.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm totally interested in hearing more about this.  What was this random club spamming you with?  Or was it the people there who were spamming you?  What kind of spam?  How did you respond?

We are all aware that this whole thing is a one-sided perspective.  If the owner of this random club was here, what is their side?

Just curious because this post won't be here very long.  

  • Like 2
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Generally speaking, it has been my experience that if you are a random nobody in big, well-known clubs (and I include myself in the random nobody category) thennnnnn, you have to do something fairly specific, often frequently, before getting banned.

It is a good idea to observe the culture of whatever sim you are in, read any "code of behavior" notices they may have, and act accordingly. Just my experience, and I've only ever been banned once and I knew darn well why (had something to do with telling the owner of a male dom sim a few choice words and casting aspersions on the validity of his shiny belt buckle). Other than that, it  has been my experience that you kinda hafta work at it...

  • Like 4
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If someone kicks me out because the way I am, good for them.
Seems I was in the wrong place then to begin with. I don't even try to figure out why it happened.
99,422 Clubs left to visit.

It happened very seldom BTW in my 15 years in SL.
I should go out exploring more often I guess.   :D

Edited by Sid Nagy
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, babyd Abbot said:

i was in the middle of  fixing my surround sound on my pc and the whole club was spamming me and then they ban me for no reason

how can i  have them reported for spammign somebody for not doing nothing to none of them it bs

If all you did is reply to their spam that you didn't like it, even that is enough reason to ban you. Because they don't need a reason.

Edited by Quartz Mole
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Quartz Mole changed the title to [Redacted] Banned from a club

My music alt was once banned for posting a slurl in local.  It was a slurl to another club so I admit it was stupid thing to do.  But I was just bouncing around from club to club looking for some good music and I just posted it for myself to click on to TP to the next place.  I hadn't even entered the club, was just sitting at the landing point and didn't like what I heard so was ready to move on and I didn't think about who else might see it.  Well the DJ was furious and told me so and banned me on the spot even though I had already left.  I guess he thought I was advertising for the place I was going to.

I did learn my lesson from this as I now start a private message with another alt when I need to click on a slurl and I'm in a public place.

I don't harbor any bad feelings towards the club and in fact I still go there once in a while, just not using my music alt. They had a perfect right to ban me so I never followed up with the club or the DJ.  Life is short.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/18/2022 at 12:05 PM, kali Wylder said:

I was just bouncing around from club to club looking for some good music and I just posted it for myself to click on to TP to the next place

I've done this so many times! Fortunately, nobody has ever taken offense, although now I can see why they easily could.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A ban that comes just after arrival when you've not taken any actions is probably due to your avatar. Some places have strict rules on which avatars are allowed. Some might assume you're naked because you took a long time to load. Some might think you're the alt of someone who stole their husband because you have the same hair colour. Nothing you can do about that, other than find somewhere better to go. Now, if you did say something, that was likely why you were banned. But I'm not going to say that some places don't ban people on sight. It happens.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2022 at 10:17 PM, Seicher Rae said:

Generally speaking, it has been my experience that if you are a random nobody in big, well-known clubs (and I include myself in the random nobody category) thennnnnn, you have to do something fairly specific, often frequently, before getting banned.

It is a good idea to observe the culture of whatever sim you are in, read any "code of behavior" notices they may have, and act accordingly. Just my experience, and I've only ever been banned once and I knew darn well why (had something to do with telling the owner of a male dom sim a few choice words and casting aspersions on the validity of his shiny belt buckle). Other than that, it  has been my experience that you kinda hafta work at it...

Wait wait.

What do you have against belt buckles?

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Paul Hexem said:

Wait wait.

What do you have against belt buckles?

Where I come from in Texas, your status was determined by the size of your belt buckle.  Having a belt buckle larger than your head was a sign of high status.

Similar to Pakleds and their hats.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Paul Hexem said:

Wait wait.

What do you have against belt buckles?

 

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Where I come from in Texas, your status was determined by the size of your belt buckle.  Having a belt buckle larger than your head was a sign of high status.

Similar to Pakleds and their hats.

big-belt-buckle-on-a-small-waist-APE3RX.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Robberinthemuseum said:

Is this really true?

I am exaggerating.

Ridiculously large "Western" belt buckles were indeed "trendy" in the 80's, IIRC.  In SL, I assume they are the mark of a True Alpha.

ETA: Silent added a post above with a nice example.  I found similar examples on Google, but none were exactly what I was looking for. There are also joke examples with "large silver trays" converted to belt buckles.

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I am exaggerating.

Ridiculously large "Western" belt buckles were indeed "trendy" in the 80's, IIRC.  In SL, I assume they are the mark of a True Alpha.

ETA: Silent added a post above with a nice example.  I found similar examples on Google, but none were exactly what I was looking for. There are also joke examples with "large silver trays" converted to belt buckles.

Who could forget JR Ewing!  (Never watched the show, myself).

Dallas-Cast-Promotional-Photo-dallas-tv-show-30268071-446-595.jpg.420ef28ad1ef548546b1aa1c3aa4342c.jpg

 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/17/2022 at 6:21 PM, babyd Abbot said:

the whole club was spamming me

What exactly is meant by spamming? And does "whole club" mean everybody who was there?   Might be this person landed in the middle of a dance floor or, worse, in the middle of a line dance and wasn't getting out of the way fast enough. People in the club were in local chat telling him or her to move. Or in IM telling him or her to move.    To me, spamming is me minding my own business and suddenly I am hit with screen-filling ads from stores. Spam of text all over the place. 

... I just had a strange flashback sort of thing..Pythons singing about Spam?

Edited by Cate Foulsbane
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...