Creating a hud question.

Efotech

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

I have made a hud. It has its root prim and 12 textured button prims each on two sides which I can tab to using a rotate script.

The hud is supposed to look like this: https://gyazo.com/efb247865922f2c702fad1ac8516b308

but a lot of times will end up looking like this: https://gyazo.com/cd3401c4f11b06e70e71fd262c593464

How can I keep my buttons from going invisible? 

thanks in advance

4 answers to this question

12 minutes ago, Efotech said:

I don't quite understand all the alpha modes yet,

• Alpha blending: variable levels of transparency from 100% transparent to 0% transparent, depending on the transparency layer of the texture. This is the most 'obvious' thing to do with the transparency layer.
  • Alpha Masking: transparency is either completely solid or completely invisible. the 'cutoff' parameter determines whether pixels that are partially transparent are treated as visible or not. Alpha masking is easier on your graphics card, and has fewer glitches than alpha blending, but 'looks bad' in a lot of scenarios.
  • Emissive mask: This is the least intuitive. this takes the transparency layer and instead of using it as transparency uses it for something unrelated: Emission. 100% emission is like fullbright, 0% is mostly like a normal texture. The only good reason I know of to use the emmissive mask mode is that it pairs very well with glow: parts of the texture that are 100% emissive will glow a lot (if the glow parameter is non-zero), and parts that are 0% emissive will barely glow if they glow at all.

• Thanks 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 587 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.