Look what Flicker just added

Ceka Cianci

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Virtual Photography

This looks interesting and they even give a mention of the Second Life community. :)

What kind of content would fit under virtual photography?
Flickr members are free to decide which term most accurately describes their work and how to categorize their content. However, we’re introducing this new category with two types of photography in mind: video game photography and content shared by the Second Life community.

https://blog.flickr.net/en/2022/09/13/discover-virtual-photography-on-flickr/

52297399354_5a818d167a_b.jpg

• Like 7

• 1 month later...
On 9/15/2022 at 11:20 PM, Jackson Redstar said:

while it seems nice of them, maybe it is because "pro" real world photographers are tired of SL photos showing up.... just saying LOL

I think there is a lot of truth to this... I often see comments from people that post 'real world' photpgraphy to Flickr, really peeved at getting digital art, and specifically SL pics in their feed or search results

PLUS I have noticed a side effect of this.  If a group changes its 'content allowed' type to this new category, then you can no longer post any SL pic to that group unless you have also set it to the new 'Virtual Photography' Category.

Edited by BenRoyal

• 3 weeks later...

Too late!

I used to be Flickr Pro but one incident ruined everything.

I only defaulted to Flickr as it was this then unknown to me image hosting service mentioned as an option in my Second Life viewer just as all the cool kids were moving to Instasham.
It served me well enough and brought me to over 10 million pairs of eyes globally...but one incident ruined the whole show.

My whole stream was marked restricted 18+ due to mislabeling harder images as moderate.
I had to manually change over 3000 photos back to their righteous status.
...the incident was unforgivable.
Being so strapped for money & unable to spare staff to show me due process...they treated me as guilty till I could prove innocence.
...it's what drove me to other sites in the first place.

No matter, my Flickr stream will be of the free tier now and with it....only the last 1000 photos will be retained moving forward.

Gone will be a lot of history....a lot of memories....memories I still have in storage....they just won't be online until I post them somewhere....sometime!

I am moving my primary focus to Deviantart where I'm a paid subscriber and examining all the features & services my money brings.

I'll still post all my stuff to flickr when possible, but it will be a rolling update...as new pics arrive...old ones will go...but I don't think people cared that much about the oldies.

Hopefully better times ahead!

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 494 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.