Is it possible to tie the purchase of products only to the presence of a certain card?

KennyChidorie

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

@KennyChidorie you wrote so many things it was hard to keep straight and definitely hard to quote. I am late in replying to this but here goes anyway. Marketplace already tells people if they have already purchased something, and how many times and on what dates, this is helpful and amusing because when you gift something over and over you look silly with so many things listed telling you you already bought it.

You cannot make people read anything in Second Life, you can build fires around it,  you can make it flash neon warnings, you can even tell them it costs more here and not there, but they will still go ahead and do what they want. 

People wanting to buy things not made for a particular body is on them, it is their choice, but you are also not factoring in that some people may know in advance that later in the week they are going to buy said body, but are going to grab the bits and pieces they need for it in advance, so imagine your shock and horror to go to buy said skin, boots, dress only to be rejected by the store because they have told you you cannot have because you do not already own the other item...that would be a very big mistake on the part of the seller, because the indignation felt would cause an all consuming rage fest and I can only shudder at the thought of the amount of venom that would spew forth from such a customer slight - honestly most of what you have said shows that you are lucky enough to have never experienced such things.

I also buy things that are not made for any bodies, are still standard sizing because alphas and bom layers have made that possible, and exciting. So again try telling me I cannot have, and I would be very annoyed. I however do not do the venom thing.

Your skins are meant to be protected, yes, very much so, but IMing someone that stole them from you is naive, it used to work when people were more aware of how many eyes would be upon them, but now not so much. It is your responsibility to file a DMCA and if LL do not act on that, then you keep on them about it, because it is meant to be actioned on. But the protection plan you want to implement is not going to make a lick of difference, because my personal experience with true copybotting is they rarely buy the item and then copy it, they copybot entire avatars and then pull them apart, and with some options that are the basic normal now, that may actually be easier to do. 

All of the copy bot protection devices that people have used in the past did nothing but make customers very angry, you are accusing all because of some, and people do not like that. Banning someone from buying from your store is one thing, banning from your region, not allowing them to buy from your system etc, those are all things you can do, but again you are rarely going to know the thief account, especially with skins and texture layers.

Again syncing up to accounts by saying you cannot have this because you do not own that is a privacy issue, it is in no way your business if I have one head or 75, it is also none of your business if I want to strut around my home in privacy wearing whatever I want to wear. 

Lastly, you are not taking into account gifting, because whether the person has it that day or knows they are getting it on the weekend as a present, it is not your business, and all it would do is disappoint and make customers very upset.

If all the theft you have experienced means you no longer make any sales I am sorry that is happening, but if you still sell your items, and you have filed dmcas then that is the best you can do, and regardless of what LL can and cannot do in terms of reviews, sometimes they come down in a day sometimes it can take weeks, because none of us are the only one asking for assistance in SL at any particular time and everything takes time, but you can comment on reviews, you can explain the situation clearly and politely, and then it is up to other customers to see and take notice.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 530 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.