Linden order not fulfilled

Rextrew Boa

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

7 answers to this question

2 hours ago, Rextrew Boa said:

My order for Lindens has not been fulfilled, how can I chase the order, my money has been taken.

Don't panic just yet.  If you posted an offer to buy L$ using the Limit Buy option, Tilia would have immediately transferred the amount of the potential purchase from your funding source (credit card or PayPal account) to an escrow account, pending completion of the purchase.  When some resident accepts your offer and sells L$ at the price you have posted, the money will then be transferred from the escrow account to pay the seller and you will have L$ in your account with Linden Lab.  As Alwin says, if you decide to cancel your offer, all you have to do is go to your dashboard at secondlife.com >>> Linden Exchange >> Manage and find your order.  Highlight it and cancel it.  The amount in the escrow account will then be transferred to the USD balance in your account, where you may use it for future orders or to pay other obligations to LL.

Edited by Rolig Loon
typos. as always.
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Rextrew Boa said:

My order for Lindens has not been fulfilled, how can I chase the order, my money has been taken.

If you selected the "Limit Buy - Best Rate" option, what you have done is to make an OFFER to buy L$ at some specific rate of exchange. The money is taken from your payment method immediately, but the order won't be filled until the exchange rate hits the rate you offered. If it never gets there, then that order will never be filled.

If you get tired of waiting, you can see your open orders in the LindEx section, under Manage. Cancel your open order. The money DOES NOT go back to your payment method. It's put into your $US dollar Tilia balance. You can then place another buy order, either a "Market Buy" for immediate fulfillment, or another Limit Buy, but at a more realistic exchange rate. The money in your Tilia balance will be used first. If more is required, your payment method will be charged for the remainder.

What is a "realistic" exchange rate? At this time, I'd say a rate of 251 - 252 L$/US Dollar.

42 minutes ago, Rextrew Boa said:

check your order history before calling them. It's in the accountpage buy and sell "manage" check the open order.
To get a stuck order back, choose cancel. The money will be put back on your usd balance.

If there is nothing to find, check your payment method if payment went through and if so, it's time to send a ticket or call.

2 hours ago, Modulated said:

I bought a clutch of Lindens last week, I did the option where you put what you want per dollar, which was 251. It stated 10 minutes to fill, took almost an hour, but usually it's fast.

That's the Limit Buy option.  And yes, if you offer to buy at a very attractive price (say, maybe 2L$/ USD or more below where the greatest number of orders are placed), your order will go through fairly fast. If you want more L$ for your dollar, though, it will take longer.

• Thanks 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 595 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.