Sign in to follow this  
Mayalily

Media Under Preferences

Okay, checking media under preferences (viewer 2).

When I looked in the media section I saw a few preferences to chose from; one was Realtek (can't remember exact spelling) and the other choices I've never heard of?  I think we have Realtek download, but I'm not sure it is updated? 

What media would be best to download and then set to in the preferences? ('Cuz the other names I didn't recognize at all). 

Thanks for any replies. 

Well we need the drivers to run the media. 

Okay our driver is Realtek I just checked in my programs.... sooooooo, I'm wondering if I set that in SL preferences (to Realtek) my media will work better because I get this message every once in awhile, which reads like this:

media_plugin_webkit failed.  What does that mean?

Now that has nothing to do with the audio drivers but with the internal web browser of the viewer. Don't remember what the exact solution to this was though... Did you try a complete uninstall/reinstall of the viewer already?

Hi An, No not yet, but I'm thinking I might have too.  This last update for v2 is causing me a lot of probs right now.  So, I may have no other choice but to try reinstalling.