Poor forum performance

Coffee Pancake

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

9 minutes ago, Coffee Pancake said:

Is it just me .. but sometimes the forums will now freeze when loading or refreshing a page.

and 1then this happened .. 

OYWojne.png

I've been experiencing that off and on over the last few weeks, give or take a bit.  It does drive me nuts. Sometimes a simple page refresh fixes it and sometimes it seems to take a good minute or two.

• Like 5

On 8/31/2022 at 1:32 AM, bigmoe Whitfield said:

Since the forum is not self hosted on LL's servers,  the hosting solution they do use, which is invision are having hiccups,  sadly we have to wait for them to fix their issue, not much LL can do but put tickets in or make calls.

That's interesting! I just assumed it was hosted on LL servers, with an install of the Invision software. 

Considering the nightmare with the latest update, I was admittedly all too eager to blame LL for blindly updating the software!

• Like 2

Search doesn't seem to be working most of the time, today or yesterday, for me. It's worked a couple of times and now includes the image (if there is one) so I'm assuming they're doing some kind of upgrades.

Hopefully they'll get it sorted.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, K9Mark said:

Search doesn't seem to be working most of the time, today or yesterday, for me. It's worked a couple of times and now includes the image (if there is one) so I'm assuming they're doing some kind of upgrades.

Hopefully they'll get it sorted.

invision is working on a few things.  I'm hanging in some other forums by invision and this is just not an SL forum problem.

• Like 2

I get search to work the last day or so by fiddling with it. It seems to default to "this topic" now, then I have to use "advanced search" to get it to find certain topics that didn't used to need it.

I've also seen cases where search only found the result if I added the "first topic word". This happened with the Peeve and Shovel threads repeatedly. But, it found the threads if I was persistent.

• Like 1

I think the Forums should shut down on Wednesday mornings for 2-3 hours to preform scheduled updates and maintenance 😆 (throwback to early SL grid practices.) In an odd twist, whenever that would happen, people would flock to the forums to get their twitchy fix.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, vanettda Lassard said:

I think the Forums should shut down on Wednesday mornings for 2-3 hours to preform scheduled updates and maintenance 😆 (throwback to early SL grid practices.) In an odd twist, whenever that would happen, people would flock to the forums to get their twitchy fix.

I can hear the collective screaming from where I sit.  I can only imagine what would happen if The Lab went back to turning SL off on Wednesday mornings.

/me would  put in ear plugs and log out of everything to drown out the noise and gnashing of teeth from the masses of angry residents 

Maybe if they left only the Cornfield open and forced everyone to log into the same place with no option to teleport anywhereelse.  THAT would be entertainment!

That gives me an idea for a place to visit today.  Does anyone know if the zombie bashing game is still there and working?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, StarlanderGoods said:

It happens to everyone at some point, it´s nothing to be ashamed off.   Sometimes you are nervous, or the expectations have been built too much, and your community becomes unavailable.  Just relax, think of something else and try again later.

Community performance anxiety? What next, Community Envy?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/7/2022 at 6:56 PM, Cinnamon Mistwood said:

I can hear the collective screaming from where I sit.  I can only imagine what would happen if The Lab went back to turning SL off on Wednesday mornings.

/me would  put in ear plugs and log out of everything to drown out the noise and gnashing of teeth from the masses of angry residents 

Maybe if they left only the Cornfield open and forced everyone to log into the same place with no option to teleport anywhereelse.  THAT would be entertainment!

That gives me an idea for a place to visit today.  Does anyone know if the zombie bashing game is still there and working?

Yes, or at least it was a week ago. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

It happens... I play Fish Hunt and wanted to try Gold Hunt today and turns out that the serves are down and when i tried clicking on the ''Find Locations'' It wouldn't let me and it wasn't working at all. I went to the ''Linden Gold Hunters'' group and asked and they told me it was down. This happened today btw. The 1 time i want to try Gold Hunters for the first time and it doesn't work. xD I know the Fish Hunt one but that one didn't work either.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 566 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.