<name of people> are also here.

Quistess Alpha

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

also_here.png.adb1479b6b1b50f222b5384183661987.png

What this still doesn't get across is how flashy it is with a not-so-subtle animated brightness increase and decrease. When stuff is over-engineered to grab my attention, it's that much harder to concentrate on the stuff I actually am interested in (contents of posts and the like).

Edited by Quistess Alpha
dangling preposition dropped
  • Like 2

Just now, diamond Marchant said:

PRIVACY breech! Roll it back!

Yay! We will have more things for people to complain about! And just when everyone had changed back to normal profile pictures from the "gagged" or "taped mouth" pictures, and from the Muppet pictures before that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Quistess Alpha said:

but it's specifically about images appearing in the feed. the 'how many users' part is technically off-topic in that thread.

True - though it all seems to be related to their latest rollout of changes.  None of which folks seem to be too thrilled with.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:
3 minutes ago, Quistess Alpha said:

but it's specifically about images appearing in the feed. the 'how many users' part is technically off-topic in that thread.

True - though it all seems to be related to their latest rollout of changes.  None of which folks seem to be too thrilled with.

Yep, since it was the first post about the changes, I piled on a few as I saw them.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LittleMe Jewell said:

When it was being updated, it SEEMED as though it was an Invision update and not necessarily one LL implemented themselves?    It did say admins/mods could turn off whichever updates they didn't want.   Wonder if @Dyna Moleor @Abnor Molecould update @Linden Lababout the forum software updates no one likes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

When it was being updated, it SEEMED as though it was an Invision update and not necessarily one LL implemented themselves?

Yup. I'm 100% sure LL had no hand in developing the updates, and consequently these features will probably either stay as-is or they'll get rolled back completely.

The "who's viewing this thread" is a non-issue since you can hide yourself from it, I just wish image previews could be similarly turned off for specific subforums without removing the entire subforum from my feed.

Edited by Wulfie Reanimator
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

Hey All,

This was indeed not an update by us, but by the forum software itself, and we are looking into it. Thanks!

Thanks, Tommy.

Just going to throw in my vote that this gets rolled back.

It's not a huge deal because most of it is opt-out, but it's pretty clear that a great many people find this intrusive and unnecessary (including me). I don't think it contributes enough of value to make annoying people worth it.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Tommy Linden said:

Hey All,

This was indeed not an update by us, but by the forum software itself, and we are looking into it. Thanks!

I say keep it. It's giving me a jolly good laugh at the few cages it's rattled. The problem is that they tend to be the most vocal about it 😂

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, HRH Andrew said:

I say keep it. It's giving me a jolly good laugh at the few cages it's rattled. The problem is that they tend to be the most vocal about it 😂

There is a general aspect of the human condition, that they (them there humans) just don't like "change".  Consider that some Forumites have been using this version of the website since its inception, and the 2 previous iterations, you can kind-of understand.  

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Love Zhaoying said:

I think maybe @diamond Marchantwas being ironic!

5 hours ago, diamond Marchant said:

PRIVACY breech! Roll it back!

breech

adjective
  1. relating to or denoting presentation of a fetus in which the buttocks, rump, or legs are nearest the cervix and emerge first at birth.

As a fan of Call the Midwife, I know that the breech presentation is sometimes resolved by turning (rolling back) the fetus.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 603 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.