Weight Painting an Avatar?

SiaSeraphina

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Hello everyone, this is probably a pretty noobish question but I'm pretty new to creation in SL. I'm using Blender and Avastar, and everything currently seems alright, except I think for the weight painting. I'm not really sure what to follow for weight painting an avatar, specifically for SL. I find lots of tutorials for weight painting fitted mesh, and clothing in general but I can't find anything about weight painting a human avatar. 

My rigging seems fine, and I currently just have the weight of all vertexes to 0.025. I'm assuming my issue is probably that I don't have any other weight set in certain areas of the body and that's where I get confused, if that's even the case. When I preview the upload section, everything seems okay until I get to the skin weight. I've followed directions from other forum posts that had a similar issue and it improved, but not by much. Before it would just deform once I clicked enable skin weight, and still deform when clicking "include joint positions", now it deforms, but when I click to include joint positions now, it goes into what looks like some kind of action pose, and some very mild deformities but it's not anything I have set on blender. So I'm atleast assuming it's a weighting issue, I am terrible at explaining my issues with these things so I'm sorry if this makes like no sense - I'll try to provide pictures when I get the chance. If anyone has any ideas, tips, or tutorials I can follow about this sort of thing that would be a great help.

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 606 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.