Stupid topic not about trees but about songs and stuff

Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

That's a good question. My avatar outside of roleplay is a reflection of myself. Maybe a version of myself that has still some of the dreams I have given up on along the years. Thus I'd say her theme song would probably be:

Reasons being: Second Life is a bit this city of dreams where it feels like you can be anything, where you can make it big if only you've got it. This song best describes that bittersweet mood between hopeful and cynical: "She's got a suitcase full of big dreams.
She's in a city full of bigger lies" Knowing all that, she's still there and like those in the song, she's still chasing.

As to my experiences, two songs fit. One is for my roleplay experiences. This has got to go to Aviators - Traveler's Song.

It's this tapestry of adventure, a hundred different stories, all connected through a theme of connections, dreams and travelling from one place to another. I've been to a dozen roleplay Sims or more, been student, witch, kitsune, demon and I may yet travel to a hundred more. Maybe I should probably stick to one place but I'm too much of a drifter.

As for the other kind of roleplay the song speaks for itself:

Edited by ValKalAstra
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If you go back to the bottom of the OP,  you will find that I was slightly :::cough::: enjoying adult beverages when I created this thread. I can't believe it got to page three and there are so many great songs and comments here! Also, if you want to learn about your fellow Forumites, this is a pretty good psych test! :)  Maybe I should create more threads while swilling vodka?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I thought I mentioned in the OP, but I guess I didn't, that my answers to my own question would very much depend upon what week you asked me. Not only have my experiences varied, but I am a woman of changing moods.

There was a reason I named my avatar Seicher which is Seeker, just spelled stupidly. So, besides Tubthumping :::grin::: my avatar's theme song, for years and years, could be very much this (piece it together... seeker... title of song)...

And for great swaths of time my avatar's experience has been:

However, we all know life, second or otherwise, changes. Right now my the song of my SL would be a bit of wide-eyed wonder:

Edited by Seicher Rae
  • Like 3

The song that best describes me now?
Along the journey sometimes a part of ourselves gets crushed by this world. But she lived on in silence, waiting to be reclaimed, and when she surfaced the world became alive again.

Please picture me
In the weeds
Before I learned civility
I used to scream ferociously
Any time I wanted
I, I

On 9/14/2022 at 1:31 PM, Seicher Rae said:

I thought I mentioned in the OP, but I guess I didn't, that my answers to my own question would very much depend upon what week you asked me. Not only have my experiences varied, but I am a woman of changing moods.

There was a reason I named my avatar Seicher which is Seeker, just spelled stupidly. So, besides Tubthumping :::grin::: my avatar's theme song, for years and years, could be very much this (piece it together... seeker... title of song)...

And for great swaths of time my avatar's experience has been:

However, we all know life, second or otherwise, changes. Right now my the song of my SL would be a bit of wide-eyed wonder:

*wonders if this means @Seicher Rae has found someone to have coffee with....*

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 9:31 PM, Seicher Rae said:

There was a reason I named my avatar Seicher which is Seeker, just spelled stupidly.

Not pronounced "Sitcher", like "we want a pitcher, not a belly-itcher"?

Not pronounced "Siker", like "Number One, William Riker"?

Not pronounced "Seetcher", like "beacher", "leecher", "teacher", "reacher"?

Not pronounced "Sitecher", like "bite-yer" behind, "might-cha" be joking, "fight-your" demons?

I honestly would have guessed all those first!

Today I learned!

• Haha 1

I was more than a little freaked out when my favorite artist Hyde came out with the song "Lion":

Lyrics include:

I'm a lion in a freak show
With a twisted point of view

And then again, Hyde's 25+ year group L'arc~en~Ciel had this single cover art:

Both were years after I started using Lions as my main avatars, and years after I got a RL (and SL) full body tattoo based on Hyde's. 

Edited by Love Zhaoying
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

Not pronounced "Sitcher", like "we want a pitcher, not a belly-itcher"?

Not pronounced "Siker", like "Number One, William Riker"?

Not pronounced "Seetcher", like "beacher", "leecher", "teacher", "reacher"?

Not pronounced "Sitecher", like "bite-yer" behind, "might-cha" be joking, "fight-your" demons?

I honestly would have guessed all those first!

Today I learned!

/me smiles

Ah yes, I have learned this over the years that nearly NO ONE reads/pronounces it as Seeker, as was my intention as a clueless noob (trying to be too clever by half).  So now it is my screen name, spelled normally as "Seeker." And every so often I will write it with that explanation, as I did above. But I'm fully aware that to most people it is like you said of "Siker."

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Seicher Rae said:

Ah yes, I have learned this over the years that nearly NO ONE reads/pronounces it as Seeker, as was my intention as a clueless noob (trying to be too clever by half).  So now it is my screen name, spelled normally as "Seeker." And every so often I will write it with that explanation, as I did above. But I'm fully aware that to most people it is like you said of "Siker."

When I read your post saying it was "Seeker", one thought was, "Oh! I bet in some languages that spelling would be pronounced that way!" Maybe a European language.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Love Zhaoying said:

When I read your post saying it was "Seeker", one thought was, "Oh! I bet in some languages that spelling would be pronounced that way!" Maybe a European language.

Well, apparently it means something quite... :::cough::: adult, and not in a nice way, in some dialect/slang on one side of some German Alp. :/  That explains why my first few years in SL were spent fending off horny Germans. (Wonder why that has slowed??? /me checks breath)

In French it means "cuttlefish"

I didn't know (noob) so much back then. Also I spelled it wrong for a made up name! I forgot i-before-e rule. It should be Siecher. Which would still be mispronounced but maybe not that badly. What will show up on all lives' tombstones, "It seemed like a good idea at the time."

Edited by Seicher Rae

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 743 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.