Demo left alphas?

Charolotte Caxton

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

Hi. I tried on a demo. My arms disappeared and we figured was part of the demo. Clever idea. Now the alpha won’t go away. I’m quite certain it’s an easy fix but I’m stumped. 

I removed everything I could. Left with only the essentials that you cannot remove. I logged out and back in. 

What I am seeing happening  is my mesh body is getting a failed error script. I can’t use the body hud (legacy) because it doesn’t recognize that I have a body. I suppose because of the script error?

So, everything was fine before the demos that alpha’d me. 

Thank you for your assistance.

8 answers to this question

1 hour ago, Quistess Alpha said:

Try editing the body and resetting scripts (under 'contents' tab). Failing that, you might need a redelivery or unpack from the original box to get a new (unbroken) copy.

Thank you for your reply. I tried the script reset, thank you for that info. Didn't work. Opened up original box put on new same body and it worked. Thank you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

Thank you for your reply. I tried the script reset, thank you for that info. Didn't work. Opened up original box put on new same body and it worked. Thank you.

That's an auto hide feature and not a typical alpha layer.  All you need to do is use the body huds alpha section and reset (show) everything.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Rowan Amore said:

That's an auto hide feature and not a typical alpha layer.  All you need to do is use the body huds alpha section and reset (show) everything.

Thank you, I could not access the body hud because it had a script error and the hud could not recognize I had a body so the features were not accessible. That would be a great solution though otherwise. Thank you.

3 hours ago, Fritigern Gothly said:

That sounds like Freya. Unpacking a new HUD usually helps.

Mine isn't Freya but thank you. I thought it was the hud also so I deleted it and rezzed a new one. Turned out my body was broken? Anyway, a new body was needed but it's aggravating cause now all the links in my outfits are broken.

9 hours ago, Charolotte Caxton said:

now all the links in my outfits are broken.

Right click the old, broken item. Choose Replace Links. Drag the new body from inventory and drop it into the second box of the Replace Links window. Click Start. Wait until the process finishes. Close the Replace Links window.

Now all your outfits are set to use the new item.

• Thanks 2

43 minutes ago, Lindal Kidd said:

Right click the old, broken item. Choose Replace Links. Drag the new body from inventory and drop it into the second box of the Replace Links window. Click Start. Wait until the process finishes. Close the Replace Links window.

Now all your outfits are set to use the new item.

Really? That’s amazing! Thank you so much!!!

• Like 1

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 590 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.