A resident asked me in voice to engage in "age-play" and then threatened me when I refused.

Snoodle Nyoki

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Question

This person I met at an adult sim said, in voice, that since to her I looked like a child to her I would have to act like a child for her, and do what she said,  or she would get me banned from SL.  I'm an adult but apparently my avatar is short by SL standards - 5'10" and looks childlike to some.   She banned me from her parcel, then told me that she would have me banned from SL if I didn't do as she demanded. 

What should I do? 

I AR'ed her but I don't have any chat-logs for proof as this was all in voice.

3 answers to this question

This is one of the problems of Voice. You can't copy/paste what was said when submitting an AR and LL can't go in and obtain voice recordings because there aren't any. However, you did right in lodging the AR anyway as it will be on record if this person attempts to cause trouble for you.

As she has banned you, any further communication is going to be by IM so you will have a record. If she does IM, she may incriminate herself and LL can access IMs. I wouldn't mute her quite yet. Make sure you do not delete the automatic reply to your AR so you have the reference number.

Abuse through voice chat

If someone is harrassing you through voice, the best solution is to block this person. You can file an abuse report, but it's difficult to provide concrete evidence in such situations, since there are no IM or chat transcripts. For commonsense reasons, we cannot accept recordings of voice chat made by other programs or by holding a tape recorder up to your speakers.

There are a couple of ways to mute voice chat inworld:

• Right-click on the avatar and choose Block.
  • Open the People > NEARBY panel in the sidebar, select the avatar, and choose Block/Unblock.  A small red icon will appear next to their name.

http://community.secondlife.com/t5/English-Knowledge-Base/Filing-an-abuse-report/ta-p/700065#Section_.5

She can't "get you banned from SL." At the very worst, all she can do is file an AR, which LL would investigate and easily dismiss, since they have your RL information on file and know that you are not a child.  I find it hard to believe that she would actually do something that silly, but people surprise me all the time. She can certainly ban you from her parcel, of course.  She doesn't need to have a reason at all.  I suspect that you really don't want to go back there anyway, so that's no big deal either.  All in all, I think the best solution is to walk away and find a new part of SL to enjoy. Who needs her?

BTW, I have many shorter friends in SL, none of whom are children. :smileywink:

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 4698 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.