Best place to drive......

You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.

Im looking for a place where I can drive my new vehicle. Of corse it has to be on road. If its out there I kinda want it to be in a small community, you know where I can drive past other drivers or look at the buildings in the city. If there isnt a place like this then Ill go far an area where I can still drive and mabey run into other peaple on the way. Any suggestions?

For me the Corse GP circuit is one of the best tracks in SL, with free cars and bikes that you can purchase later if you want. It usally has other people there looking for a race, so good place to make friends also. Check it out

Try looking up the "Silver King Grill". I go there to rez new items and drive all the time. It has a big network of roads that go through the mountains and along the coast. I'm new to the whole sim thing, so I don't know how many it spans over, but the roads will take you to a lot of different spots. You usually don't pass too many other drivers down the roads, but there's lots of beautiful scenery. Have fun^_^!

• 3 weeks later...

Although Aero Pines Park does not have public rezz, it does have  jeep, motorcycle, scooter, horse buggies, jetskis, canoe, helicopter, hot air balloon, and seaplane rezzors at various locations. Also free horses to ride, and the famous 8 region "Backwoods Bicycle Trail" is one of the best long range tours in SL.

Aero Pines Park hosts a huge equestrian center, roadhouses, mermaid lagoon, full municipal airport, temples, caverns, miles of roads, canals, and 11 regions of open  sky. The park landscaping and weather follows all four seasons of the north american hemisphere, with a popular 2 months of winter and winter activities and sports.

One of the oldest longest running first responder training organizations resides and trains in Aero Pines Park daily. Visitors can observe these training sessions. A tfirefighter or rescue training session can involve anything from grass fires, forest fires, structure fires, vehicle accidents, flood  response, plane crashes, water rescues, etc.

Aero Pines Park welcomes noobs, furries, dragons, tinies, knights/dames, fae, mer, elven, families, andRL teens. We are gay tolerant, and all races welcome. We are NOT tolerant of bad manners, aggression, foul mouths, sexual advances, or mass friending/group invites towards other guests.

aviuni-banner.jpg

So why doesn't Aero Park have a public rezzing spot?

It sounds great, but it wouldn't be much fun if I couldn't bring my own vehicles with me.

On the general sense. I recommend regular tours of mainland - anywhere you see a road, just look for a place to rez.

If you want a small compact spot - the Shermerville sims are a crosscross of suburban roads. But at only 4 sims its very small. Bay City is just across the bridge from it though - so it expands out into that larger community.

Looking at Zindra from above you would think it would be the bext place in all of SL for vehicles. And insane number of roads. But most of them are placed right on the sim line. They finally did add walls right in the middle of the road - semi-transparent ones at that, so you don't keep drifting across sims while trying to stear straight... but corners can be a nightmare. Every intersection if a 4-sim corner and you can end up anywhere... :) (I take these at ultra slow speed and just tap my way around an angle until I'm safely out and into my desired new sim). And half of zindra has the lots -below- road level with a wall just high enough to prevent driving onto the road from a lot... So even if they left building on, unless they made you a parking lot or a good ramp you're stuck.

But regular mainland is full of great roadways. Might not be where you want to do your driving community - but once you've got wheels, there's a whole world of SL waiting for you that the unwheeled folks never get to enjoy.

To cut down on the possibilities of griefing? Its such a cool sounding place they probably don't want some jerk ruining it for everyone else by rezzing some sort of ridiculous contraption. Never been there so I don't know, just guessing. You are right about mainland roads, way fun :)

• 2 weeks later...

Aero Pines Park does have a public rezz spot! The info for it is in the notecard brochure in the park signs or offered at landing points. But here's a shortcut-

Paste these links into your chat bar inworld:

secondlife:///app/group/31e062e0-b56b-8837-6328-1c22081496bb/about

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Aero%20Pines%20Park/50/230/

The Aero Pines Park Membership Rezz Tag involves a one-time donation fee that goes to maintaining the park (such as its $1,500 US dollars per month tier bill for instance. Yes US dollars!). All workers on the sims either are either financially contributing sponsors or volunteers.

Our concept is a public recreation area, and the people that paying for much of the overhead are proudly providing that for you. Plenty of vehicles and craft of many types are available in rezzers in the various landing spots. Although there is the occasional request by someone wanting to rezz their own bike or saddle system. 

The Aero Pines Park Rangers are also available for help with learning to operate any of the rezzer toys, or other assistance.

• 4 years later...
  • 1 year later...
You are about to reply to a thread that has been inactive for 2695 days.

Please take a moment to consider if this thread is worth bumping.